All member reviews for The Electric Company

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bymoosejulie September 27, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbo1996 December 21, 2009

Amazing Show!

Yes, I'm 13, but i watch this show with my 6 year old sister all the time and we both really love it. All of the songs are catchy and I sing them all day. The dances are fun and the characters are diverse in ethnicity and age. A fun yet educational show.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byeliette October 23, 2009

Excellent for beginning readers

My son likes the plot element--there's a "mystery" running through each episode interspersed with bits to help teach reading. He seems to be getting a lot out of it--he's just learning to read so he is really ripe for what this show is teaching.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bySazz Menazz April 9, 2010

Great for everyone

Educational, great cultural diversity, appealing characters, and best of all FUNNY! Even for parents. I have fond memories of the 70's version (Love of Chair! What about Naomi) and this updated version is almost as good. My daughter has learned a lot about reading, letters, and especially Silent E.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bychollis November 28, 2009

Excellent!

Loved it in the 70's, love today's version...
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bykaloren November 12, 2009

Great learning entertainment for elementary aged kids!

This is a great update of the show I watched as a kid. The electric powers and musical breaks make it a very entertaining way to learn about the English language. The good vs. bad students are a bit over the top at times, but they make my kids laugh and they get that the bad kids are wrong.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla March 30, 2011

Kid, 10 years old February 1, 2011

Great TV show! I really like it. Very educational. It taches kids about phonics, letter sounds, language arts, etc. You should let kids in preschool to second grade watch it because when your older it will start to get boring. And it's funny and it has cartoons!
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byH2Clark January 21, 2010

Great, great show!

We (7&5 yo) love this show don't miss an episode to watch together. If my family had the choice between Electric Company or iCarly. Electric Company would win. I like the phrases I learn to help with homework; such as "Silent E is a Ninja." My boys like the people based story lines and appreciate a show that I'll watch with them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byilovedolphins101 December 23, 2009

this is a good show for ages 4 and up

I Love it me and my siter, brother and one of my freinds watch it every day we get very upset if we miss the show cause we have a huge crush on josh segarra aka hector well thats mainly all i have to say thanks for taking ur time reading this +}
Parent Written byCooldee April 23, 2010

Come and watch!

I watched The Electric Company when I was a kid, and I still love it! It teaches letters, patientence, and being a good person.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byhousmore March 29, 2010

Parent Written byBuckyD February 7, 2011

Betcha didn't know: "Silent-e is a Ninja"!

At first I thought that the Pranksters offered a bit too much of a bad role model for the kids, but each episode makes sure that they don't prevail so it must just be my kid that prefers/looks up to the prankster characters... I should keep an eye on that I guess. Regardless, the "commercials" with the phonics and reading lessons are very catchy and do their job well. As a target watcher of the 70's version, I don't remember it being this cool back then!
Parent Written bymwscdrummer May 7, 2010

Great for my son!

My five year old son is really loves this show! He's really into reading. The way this show teaches phonics really appeals to him and has helped him become a better reader.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byMaKoski December 30, 2010

My husband and I watch it even if the kids are napping.

Very catchy songs. The baby likes to dance to the music.
Parent Written bykkin April 7, 2011

Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written byLaBellaFifi January 21, 2010

Awesome for Homeschoolers

Helps reinforce what I teach them everyday re: phonics, Lang. Arts, etc. Great show for kids.
Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2009

weird but i guess it's good

The commercial looks really weird.It looks kinda like the graphics are a copy off of like the power rangers.Just the way they move in the show reminds me of the power ranger but of course the power rangers really wern't educational.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byNurturingMom247 September 25, 2009

Good for ages 6+

Great fun, educational, my 6 year old loves it. I think PBS should slow down the fast rhyming songs so kids can process the words and patterns.
Adult Written byDiEx-80 August 10, 2012

A great modern reboot of a great educational show

Being as old as I am, I never thought I'd appreciate a blast from the past that, even though redone for modern times, would be just as good as the original. This show really is good for all ages and can teach young kids how to read and speak. Although I am baffled about why exactly this show does the typical good guys (The Electric Company) vs. bad guys (The Tricksters). It does have a few episodes where both sides work together. Also it shows outtakes at the end showing kids that not only is the show a show but the actors are having fun together.