All member reviews for The Fairly OddParents

Creative and fun, with occasional mature humor.

Adult Written bycalabash April 9, 2008

This show has gone downhill in quality

"The Fairly Oddparents" was once a funny and charming show. Timmy Turner, the main character, was a good-hearted, put-upon kid who badly needed the intervention of fairy godparents. Those godparents, Wanda and Cosmo, were originally a loving and lovable couple - but alas, due to an appalling and incomprehensible decision by the show's producers, Cosmo has been recently been turned into a jerk, especially to his long-suffering wife, Wanda; he insults her, and treats her badly (in one cartoon he thinks she's been murdered, and his only reaction is to regret not taking out an insurance policy on her. When he learns she's alive, he reacts like this: "Well, there go my dating plans.") Wanda, who is the only voice of reason on the show, is labeled a "nag" and victimized on a regular basis. As if this weren't bad enough, both godparents - who are married, mind you - are frequently shown flirting with other people. All this is an apparent (I'm guessing here) attempt on the part of the show's producers to give their show more of an edge; what it's actually done is to rob it of all its worth. I would not let ANY child watch this show's more recent episodes. What a pity to see a once-enjoyable show for all ages take such a steep dive in quality.
Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover May 15, 2011

It was nice while it lasted...

Honestly, it used to be funny. Now it's just potty humour, potty humour, potty humour, more potty humour, and stupid humour. I also always hated how dumb the parents are. In reality, parents would believe their children if their babysitter was evil. Also, the "Fairly Odd Baby" episode was kind of disturbing. I mean, Cosmo giving birth? Really? That's going to put some real weird messages in kids head. The old episodes used good messages and role models, the newer episodes on the other hand.... Well, you know.
Parent Written bysperryking July 9, 2011

Parents relax stop smuggling your kids

I think parents Are over reacting, yes it doesn't always have the best messages and a mean babysitter but at the end of every episode there always is a message that shows Timmy his selfish back-talking ways are wrong and teach him a lesson. it may not have as much moral values as a pbs kids program but its nothing that kids aren't already exposed to in school. i know many kids that are obsessed with wrestling shows which and whose parents buy them the action figures but i dont understand how we dont see any issues with that. Any words that are considered bad are mild words like "butt head" you'd be suprise what your 5 year olds say and learn in school.this show shows some moral values with the entertaining factor thats no worse than power rangers. please be open minded because your kids cant watch ni hao kai lan, or max and ruby forever they're getting older. while i do admit that it has gotten milder since poof came along well all the more reason for you le your kis watch it
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2011

Well, I seriously do not have a title to put here except to read my review!

What can I say it is a Nick show. It is very funny. Most of the jokes come in the form of irony. There is plenty of slapstick cartoon violence. Characters sometimes get injured but they recover like in 5 seconds. A bit of language, but not the cursing kind. There is some sexy behavior too. A character refers to himself as sexy. Some flirting. There is also a long episode where one of the male fairy characters had a baby. But what can I say, they are fairies so they try to make them a little weird and random.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

It was a funny and cute, then Poof came and ruined the show.

I liked this show and thought it was funny. The Poof came, and the comedy stopped. On of the dumb jokes; Wanda: "and I'm Cosmo! Look a frying pan! *hits self* aahhhh.. *faints*" Same-old same-old. On the newer episodes I say to myself on the jokes, "Like I haven't heard that one before". Well would you look at that, just like Spongebob.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2011

How does a baby name Poof ruin a good show? You guys are Crazy!!!!

What is wrong with you people? Poof did not ruin the show. How does a baby ruin a show? Its better than Jimmy Neutron and Spongebob. The only thing that is ruining the show is these horrid reviews its getting. Its really entertaining, Spongebob and The Amazing World of Gumball are the shows that used to be funny and are lame now. And Cosmo? He's at the same percentage as he used to be when he was stupid. He's stupider now. That's funny. Not making the show lame. Timmy is still miserable like he used to be. Everything is like how it used to be on the show. I am very disappointed in you guys for those horrid reviews.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydagnytheartist January 18, 2011

not as good as it used to be

I really wish I could put +2 and "positive messages", but the show has changed too much. I've watched this show for a long time, once even claiming it was my favorite, but now it's really changed. They still have the lessons at the end, but to get to the lesson you have to go through a bunch of bad stuff. In "Bad Heir Day" Timmy is babysitting baby fairy Poof and loses him. After risking his life searching for him, Wanda and Cosmo (his parents) find him before Timmy does. They get mad at Timmy and send him back to the Rabid Animal Zoo, a place he had gone to look for Poof, and Timmy was once again eaten by rabid alligators. If you buy the old "Season 1" and "Season 2" dvds though, the show was actually pretty good back then. But now it lost it's "magical" feeling and became more of an "action show". The characters talk really fast so things can happen all in one episode, but I have to watch the same episode three times to eventually understand what they're saying (not a problem, since Nickelodeon chooses to put reruns up anyway) I would say if you want your kid to watch this, first let them watch the old episodes than they can decide if it's worth their time watching the current seasons. The only reason i watch it anymore is to see how the characters are doing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byharleynakoa April 9, 2008

Good show, Bad for youg kids under 8...

This is a great TV show for kids a little bit older, It does have the word sexy alot, Sexy is used often in some episodes.I think this TV show is for children 8 and up...But it is a great show.
Written byAnonymous April 13, 2013

Not for Kids.

WARNING: Sexual Innuendo and this show be rated TV-14 Because of the Hugh amount of it. Timmy Turner is a 10 Year Old and in one Episode he said "Where did babies come from." I Hope it's not that 10 Year Old. ...and Guess what? It is this 10 Year Old that used that. This show is not for kids.
Parent Written byj9good September 11, 2012

not thrilled with this show

I'm not thrilled with this show, mainly because the characters often call one another an "idiot." On the plus side, it spurred conversations with my daughter about why we don't call another person an idiot. She's 6, and she assures me she knows it's a cartoon and would not call someone an idiot in real life. It is also strange that Timmy has not one female friend. In fact, there are no decent female characters at all, just a mean female babysitter and a pretty, vain girl who literally goes crazy if people stop telling her she is pretty. You'd be far better off with Phineas & Ferb, which has loads of decent girl characters - even boy crazy Candace has her redeeming moments. Or Johnny Test, which has Johnny's two genius sisters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMister Awesome888 September 4, 2011

Really Good Carton

Great cartoon I always thought it was better than Spongebob. Though if you watch that then your sure to be interested in this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byi<3edwardculln123 August 22, 2011

can be good

true timmy does back talk to adults and insult his freinds but he has almost evry right to sense he has been neglegted by his parents and was givin a crule babysitter. and whenever he does do something he ends up paying for it. so in the end the show is alrite and u parents need to lightin up they will learn worse in school unless u want them to be the weird homeschololed freak on the street.
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 July 12, 2011

Adult themes; adult humor.

This show is full of adult themes and adult humor, children would not understand it. It portrays all babysitters as evil and shows that with magic you always get what you want. It was rated incorrectly; it should be rated TV-14-LV at least. My children will not be able to watch this until they are at least 17.
Adult Written bykaraloyal May 14, 2011

Abusive babysitter is troubling

My kid loves this show, but I find it VERY disturbing that the bio parents are largely absent and blatantly ignore that the babysitter they hire over and over again is an abusive bully.
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2009

Ok for small children, boring for older kids

This show is very strange and repetitive. Through the entire show, there will be a joke that the character constantly refers to. The main character, Timmy, is an awful role model who is ignorant, selfish, and mean to some children. When he makes a wish, it is often selfish, such as, I wish I had a special race car that only works for me.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback September 24, 2009

Adult Written byemerld232 April 9, 2008

I have NEVER liked this show.

I honestly do not understand all the positive reviews of this cartoon. I do not allow my 8 and 5 year old boys to watch this show if I can help it. This show portrays teachers and babysitters as violent and threatening. The characters are always YELLING very loudly at each other. I don't like the hyper-activity of this show. The whole thing feels very mean to me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHainesama123 January 17, 2014

pointless and immature

This show is so pointless and immature. Timmy is such a dorky little boy that has dorkier fairy godparents. His parents are jerks. the dad is so stupid. the mom is clueless. theres better stuff out there than this.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJacobBrandyDoggy December 13, 2012

Just another POINTLESS Nick show!

This show is pointless, It doesn't really teach any Morals and Values like "Hey Arnold" Does. Timmy's 2 friends (not real friends at all) Chester and AJ always bail on him. This is another nick show that teaches kids nothing at all!!! Now "Hey Arnold" is where its at- Now there's a REAL show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTethys August 14, 2011

A Good Show For Any Age

I grew up with this show, and I think it's great for any age. The characters are funny, the show is silly, and each episode is wacky, and fun to watch. Although Timmy could be rash and selfish with a wish in the beginning of an episode, he can usually fix it in the end, and learn his lesson. The show doesn't teach anything bad to young children. Whoever's saying 7 and 8 are overreacting. I must have been watching this show since Kindergarten! Cosmo's stupidity made me laugh as a kid, and Wanda's nagging was funny. When I was little used to doodle my own little characters who had fairy god parents. The idea of being able to grant any wish intrigued me as a kid, even though I was aware that this was fiction. I named my 2 goldfish Cosmo and Wanda. I remember whenever my brothers and I watched this one episode, we used to laugh at this pillow in the shape of a pony's head that they called Mr. Nay Nay. They have minor language like "stupid" and "idiot", and in an episode or 2 they say "sexy", but that's pretty much it. If there was any innuendo, it must have went right over my head as a kid. There's no reason not to let your kids watch this show, I'm sure they'll love it. (: