All member reviews for The Fairly OddParents

Creative and fun, with occasional mature humor.

Adult Written bycalabash April 9, 2008

This show has gone downhill in quality

"The Fairly Oddparents" was once a funny and charming show. Timmy Turner, the main character, was a good-hearted, put-upon kid who badly needed the intervention of fairy godparents. Those godparents, Wanda and Cosmo, were originally a loving and lovable couple - but alas, due to an appalling and incomprehensible decision by the show's producers, Cosmo has been recently been turned into a jerk, especially to his long-suffering wife, Wanda; he insults her, and treats her badly (in one cartoon he thinks she's been murdered, and his only reaction is to regret not taking out an insurance policy on her. When he learns she's alive, he reacts like this: "Well, there go my dating plans.") Wanda, who is the only voice of reason on the show, is labeled a "nag" and victimized on a regular basis. As if this weren't bad enough, both godparents - who are married, mind you - are frequently shown flirting with other people. All this is an apparent (I'm guessing here) attempt on the part of the show's producers to give their show more of an edge; what it's actually done is to rob it of all its worth. I would not let ANY child watch this show's more recent episodes. What a pity to see a once-enjoyable show for all ages take such a steep dive in quality.
Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover May 15, 2011

It was nice while it lasted...

Honestly, it used to be funny. Now it's just potty humour, potty humour, potty humour, more potty humour, and stupid humour. I also always hated how dumb the parents are. In reality, parents would believe their children if their babysitter was evil. Also, the "Fairly Odd Baby" episode was kind of disturbing. I mean, Cosmo giving birth? Really? That's going to put some real weird messages in kids head. The old episodes used good messages and role models, the newer episodes on the other hand.... Well, you know.
Parent Written bysperryking July 9, 2011

Parents relax stop smuggling your kids

I think parents Are over reacting, yes it doesn't always have the best messages and a mean babysitter but at the end of every episode there always is a message that shows Timmy his selfish back-talking ways are wrong and teach him a lesson. it may not have as much moral values as a pbs kids program but its nothing that kids aren't already exposed to in school. i know many kids that are obsessed with wrestling shows which and whose parents buy them the action figures but i dont understand how we dont see any issues with that. Any words that are considered bad are mild words like "butt head" you'd be suprise what your 5 year olds say and learn in school.this show shows some moral values with the entertaining factor thats no worse than power rangers. please be open minded because your kids cant watch ni hao kai lan, or max and ruby forever they're getting older. while i do admit that it has gotten milder since poof came along well all the more reason for you le your kis watch it
Teen, 13 years old Written byBritneyBritney July 20, 2012

Good cartoon went downhill after having fairy baby

I honestly used to love The Fairly Odd Parents. But everything went down hill after they had that stupid baby. Now it's just terrible and Cosmo and Wanda spend all their time with the fairy baby and all it says is "poof poof!" I don't know what the writers were thinking! It doesn't add anything to the show, all it does is take away how great it used to be.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 2, 2012

MAKE A WISH!!!

I grew up watching this show, and I still love it! It is very creative and hilarious! Nothing too violent, sometimes there are moments where each character is hurt, but they feel better in the next scene. I guess all cartoons are like that! Anyway, parents, this show will definitely entertain your kids if they haven't seen this show!
Teen, 17 years old Written byibarncat April 5, 2012

Creative and fun, with occasional good social commentary

Unfortunately, most people who looked at the title were probably thinking, "What? That show had no social commentary. Social commentary in kids shows died with Invader ZIM." Wrong. And even if that's true, that still doesn't affect this show because they premiered on the same day. All digressions aside, this was a good clever show. The premise, although it seems all too easy for Hartman to have thought of, works well because it allows practically a limitless amount of possible episode ideas. But what makes it even better is the fact that it sets up the show to expose the ups and downs of kids' lives, and it certainly did so very well, although the Oh Yeah Cartoons shorts and the first season aren't quite as sharp in this manner. In any case, the show was filled with many pop culture references and parodies (Lifestyles of the Rich and Wasteful), occasional odd satirical moments you don't see in most kids shows (a mob chasing the weatherman with pitchforks and torches just because his predictions of the weather were wrong), and the show also had some one hour movies that were more touching, more epic, and more funny than the movies of, say, Jimmy Neutron or Rocket Power. For example, the School's Out movie had a hilarious parody of summer institutions that substituted schools, a one-time character who was supposed to be a clown but was raised by the Pixies to be a businessman and gets very confused when he finds out who his parents are, and an absolutely hilarious parody of overly sappy love songs when Cosmo and Wanda are forced to go to jail. And that's not even quite everything that happened. So I have established my point that the pre-Poof episodes were witty and classic. But what is my opinion about episodes made after the show was resumed in 2008? I think most of them are still good, but a few have been disappointing and are missing the sharpness that dominated the show in its earlier years. But there are still brilliant ones, though. For example, one episode had Timmy's parents discover Poof and think he was an alien baby with powers like Superman was supposed to be. They quickly get their focus off of Timmy and blame him whenever something bad happens to Poof. So while Poof may be a bit too much of a plot point in some ways, as the YouTube ranter pieguyrulz once cleverly pointed out, he hasn't ruined the show entirely and age and Nick's new all-silliness policy are probably more to blame.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2012

it was great till poof came along....

THIS SHOW USE TO BE A GOOD SHOW BUT THEN A UGLY BALL CAME IN CALLED POOF!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 14, 2012

*in Timmy's voice* I wish this show gets back to it's feet!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it's old episodes! But since Poof came in,the humor started to go away.Also,did you know Butch Hartman is ADDING ANOTHER CHARACTER who is a magical dog named Sparky? I'd feel so happy if Sparky saves FOP,but if he makes it worse,Butch needs to put this show on hiatus and work on T.U.F.F. Puppy (which is my 3rd favorite show.)
Adult Written byFairly OddParents 23 April 18, 2012

The Fairly OddParents

Some words like "heck," "turp," "punk" and more.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

Old episodes=GREAT!!!!!!! New episodes=NOT SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fairly OddParents was once a quirky and funny show,but after Poof was born,the show went to trash! The episodes became ANNOYING!
Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2012

good

wanda is for both positive roll model and messages
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2012

Ruined in 2008.

This used tp be the all-time ultimate Show. 2008 came and suddenly ruined the show... at the EXACT same time Phineas and Ferb came out. Poof. Racisim to Morbidly Obese People. And WAY too many running gags! AGH! I can't stand the episodes after 2004 anymore!
Parent Written bysumoni May 20, 2012

Great show, not so much in the later seasons

One of my favorite Nick cartoons since the 90s ones have left. It's very entertaining for kids and family alike. However there's a downside to unlimited wishes. Timmy, being a child, will sometimes take advantage of others. He'll wish for the craziest things and may represent some selfish ideals. While I have no problem with his wishes against Vicky or her character in general. I feel the parents are a little too goofy. They go from being somewhat parental figures, to complete idiots. Even Timmy's fairy godparents themselves, so he has no positive adult role models.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 24, 2012

Great Nicktoon!

This show is super funny! I like all the characters.Cosmo is REALLY funny! The theme song is really catchy as well.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

Great show!

I love this show! It is really funny and creative.If you like cute cartoons check this out!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymambobird March 28, 2011
this show is terrible;the concept is annoying and immature
Adult Written byBan Moy December 22, 2015

Common Sense too lenient

I think this show is a bit too edgy for 6 year olds. Some characters are rude to each other and authorities (parents, teachers, etc.) and some episodes deal with questionable themes. Overall, Off for 5 and under, pause for age 6-7 On for 8+
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2012

Stop over Reacting,

Seriously, What is up with the "Not for kids" Ratings? Might not be the most appropriate, but at LEAST 8&Up. Positive Messages: 2/5 The main charecter, Timmy, normally leans a lesson at the end of each episode. Sex: 1/5 He has a crush on a girl named Trixie. Also, Tootie has a crush on him. Plus, one episode, Cosmo, a boy, has a baby... Funny show, just not the best. STOP OVEREACTING!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiercoles748 June 10, 2012

BORING

Most boring show ever!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 14, 2011

Bad role models but good show!

I loved this show ever since it first came to nickelodeon! Cosmo, Vicky, and Crocker are all bad role models. Even the fairy that wears an army suit. I don't know his name but he is a bad role model. Lots of rough housing and fighting, Heavy cartoon violence. But It is still very funny.