All member reviews for The Fresh Beat Band

Perky pals teach musical concepts with positive messages.

Parent Written byjessejps May 27, 2011

the most annoying show on TV

Horrible show. the songs are not particularly catchy, the story lines are not very engaging and the characters are entirely unlikeable. The tall yellow kid in particular is like sand in your swim suit.. IRRITATING ! there are so many other great kids show out there, avoid this one and hopefully it will go away soon.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySheenaLongland November 15, 2010

Good.

My son loves this show. I like the show, I just feel like they sing the same songs over and over again. I get if they did that for maybe one song, but there are like 5! Still though, I think its cute and worth watching.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bycherry0303 November 9, 2010

Great for children who loves music and dancing!

Love this show!!!! My little girl loves it also, she loves the music, beat, dancing everything!!! Please more shows and please come out with music instrument....BEST SHOW!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byClarin March 10, 2011

Fun, fun, fun!

This is another great show for kids. My girls just love to dance & sing to the happy, catchy tunes. We just came across it one evening & my girls were mezmorized. I catch myself singing the Fresh Beat songs in the shower. It's a great way for your kids to learn about different instruments.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff November 5, 2010

Don't waste your time.

Oh my God, this is the worst show ever. This is one of those shows when people talk really loudly and never blink. I know, I'm thirteen, but seriously, don't watch this, unless you want to have a chronic headache for the rest of your life. The End. Have a nice day! :)
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMomtoClaire March 12, 2011

Wonderful show for preschool and pre-k kids! :)

My 4.5 year old daughter LOVES this wonderful show and has been watching it for over the past year or so. We sing, dance and groove along with the Fresh Beats and try to replicate their moves...she loves trying to do it on her own and with me! Can't say enough positive things about this show. (Just wish there were DVDs of the show available for purchase.) Also like that it is educational yet fun and upbeat. And watching a show with "real people" is a nice change of pace from all the other animated shows she watches. We Love The Fresh Beat Band!! :-D
Parent of a 2 year old Written byneya78 October 16, 2010

Kindergarten Teacher Loves your Show

Developing a sence of rhythm and love for music is important, as a teacher I know that music is a wonderful tool used to teach children many different skills. I love this show, and am glad that it's on. My daughter loves it, and knows all the words to all the songs. She is 2.
Kid, 8 years old May 8, 2011

crap

STUPID plain stupid. it is trash.
Kid, 1 years old December 8, 2010

the fresh beat band is the only show that keeps the attention of my 2 year old grandson for 23 minutes. he loves to watch it for an hour on Saturday and Sunday ---- as soon as the music starts = he is up on his little feet and going thru the motions Great Show
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLovebug89 April 9, 2011

I HATE the repetitive songs!!

Can they PLEASE just come up with some new songs already!!! My daughter watches this show once in a while and she doesn't notice that they sing the same songs over and over in each episode because shes 1-1/2 however, I am so fed up with them, they are so annoying and repetitive, I'd much rather put something else on for her to watch.
Parent of a 2, 4, 10, and 11 year old Written bybpm01 December 11, 2010

Annoying but the kids love it!

I think this is one of the most annoying kid's shows ever. I can't stand any of the 4 obnoxiously perky singers. That being said my kids love it. My son always dances and say "Mommy, I watching Fresh Beat Band!" with a big smile on his face. So I deal and let him enjoy it!
Adult Written byOriginal January 30, 2011

Nothing wrong with this show

This show makes the little toddlers wanna sing and dance a lot
Teen, 13 years old Written byZWalsh December 19, 2010

Positively unique!

Any parent can't deny that this upbeat, witty show is perfect for any child age 3+. It's got music education that other shows lack, contains the perfect amount of humor for preschoolers (And younger students!), and the catchy songs will be stuck in your head all day! My two year old sister and even my 14 month brother both burst into dance whenever the 4 friends do. They're great actors as well. All in all, a good kid's show! Definitely recommend!
Parent of a 3 year old Written bybrit21584 September 14, 2009

I personally hated it at first. The characters were kind of annoying to me. But my 3 year old loves it. My mom put it into perspective for me...the characters are "realistic" instead of unrealistic perfect characters that your kid can't necessarily look at as a true role model. These characters are like everyday people and we need more shows like this.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

Pointless

Stupid! I hate the shows where they make adults do stupid things. If I were one of them, if quit.
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written bymommy2005 February 26, 2011

Great Show

My sone just turned 1 last Nov of 09, he was watching this when he was a baby. He got his older sister into the show and they both love the show. I have to record it for my kids, especially for my daughter who is in school all day and misses it. Parents complain about what the kids watch because they get annoyed with it, it's not all about you it's about the kids too.
Parent Written bynelly6971 March 7, 2012

like a rock star song

i think some of the messages they sing about is wrong, for example the song 'like a rock star' why do they symbolize the devil in their video? having little kids making that same sign at home and unknowingly praising the devil ? they should put more thought into everything they say and do, a simple mistake like that can misdirect our children, haven't anyone noticed them in the video or was it done on purpose? are my kids watching a bunch of devil worshippers? i was pretty upset to see my son jumping up and down making that sign when the song was on and after. well thats all for now. thank you
Parent of a 2 year old Written byJr and J September 2, 2009

I hate it, but my 2 year old loves it.
Parent Written byGWKMommy February 22, 2012

Harmless fun

My nearly 2 year old loves this show. It is one of the few shows featuring real people versus animation. The music is age appropriate with a positive message. Let's be real, it is on Nick Jr. so it is for preschoolers. The music and rhythm gets my little one moving and it doesn't make me want to blow my brains out like some other children programming. Ive noticed the music is getting more pop as they get more of a fan base, it's truly a marketing genius! This is just the thing my little girl loves to rock out to and there is no harm in that!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAndrea H February 12, 2012

Fun for my 3 year old daughter

My daughter loves the show! I know other parents have said the songs are repetitive, but I think it's a good thing at this age. She was singing herself to sleep with one of their songs in bed last night. It's also nice that the show has actors instead of animation. I especially like how in the pool party episode the girls are wearing modest swimsuits. Yes they're pretty cheesy, but it's geared toward preschoolers, not adults. Their songs aren't too bad to get stuck in your head all day anyway :)