All member reviews for The Fresh Beat Band

Perky pals teach musical concepts with positive messages.

Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2013

Musical for preschoolers is a bust!

I saw this commercial and I thought they were advertising fruit, but when I decided to watch an episode... It's too babyish and they are too perky, there's too much light colors! I think those adults are so embarrassed to do this show, I feel bad for them, the songs aren't catchy, but stick in your head in the bad way. I don't even dance to this excuse for music. The adults act all goofy and scary and so scary that they scare kids with their large clowny smiles and loud mouths. I put not for kids because this appeals to ages 0-3. Now kids will think they are so cool because they know them and they know their songs. This is the kiddy version of One Direction. Thanks for making kids obssessed! What's even worse is that Kiki, the brown headed girl was on Zoey 101 and BTR, so so sad!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2013

the fresh freak band

hmmm, where should i start? this is probably one of the most stupid shows ive seen in my life. all it is is a bunch of freaks dressed up in stupid costumes. i dont even see the point of this show, the idiots cant sing, they cant dance, and they are all as ugly as butt. and they purposely put kids (who actually HAVE SOME TALENT) in the backround just to make these morons look good,because they have no talent. the songs are crap, the plot of the episodes are all lame, and, just put it this way, THIS SHOW IS A PILE JUNK!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHimynameissomething September 26, 2012

Boo to the fresh beat band!

The fresh beat band is just plain stupid! It's so dumb! All it does is make kids addicted to their songs so the kids will want to go to it, so they'll get money. Everyone in it is ugly and annoying, too!!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bycry4dawn July 26, 2012

Great show with positive messages

Parent of a 9 and 10 year old Written byTosc Weaver March 3, 2012

Something Feels Off

There is something very disingenuous and contrived about this show. I tried to be open-minded cause I thought it would be similar to Imagination Movers (which is no longer on Disney Jr but a show our family liked) but every time I watched it, I couldn't help feel beaten down by its painful lack of originality in scripts, music and characters. There's a dumbed-down quality underneath its over-the-top perkiness and an attempt to play against cliches that in turn becomes little less than farcical.
Parent Written byGWKMommy February 22, 2012

Harmless fun

My nearly 2 year old loves this show. It is one of the few shows featuring real people versus animation. The music is age appropriate with a positive message. Let's be real, it is on Nick Jr. so it is for preschoolers. The music and rhythm gets my little one moving and it doesn't make me want to blow my brains out like some other children programming. Ive noticed the music is getting more pop as they get more of a fan base, it's truly a marketing genius! This is just the thing my little girl loves to rock out to and there is no harm in that!
Parent Written bymsbroberts January 8, 2012

Great for singing and dancing and good messages, as well

My daughter loves the Fresh Beat Band. She sings and dances right along. The nicest part, for me, is this is one show the whole family can actual stomach watching with her since there is a large age gap.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDr.Pepsi May 21, 2011

I love this show

I love this show, it's educational and entertainment!
Kid, 8 years old May 8, 2011

crap

STUPID plain stupid. it is trash.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLovebug89 April 9, 2011

I HATE the repetitive songs!!

Can they PLEASE just come up with some new songs already!!! My daughter watches this show once in a while and she doesn't notice that they sing the same songs over and over in each episode because shes 1-1/2 however, I am so fed up with them, they are so annoying and repetitive, I'd much rather put something else on for her to watch.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMomtoClaire March 12, 2011

Wonderful show for preschool and pre-k kids! :)

My 4.5 year old daughter LOVES this wonderful show and has been watching it for over the past year or so. We sing, dance and groove along with the Fresh Beats and try to replicate their moves...she loves trying to do it on her own and with me! Can't say enough positive things about this show. (Just wish there were DVDs of the show available for purchase.) Also like that it is educational yet fun and upbeat. And watching a show with "real people" is a nice change of pace from all the other animated shows she watches. We Love The Fresh Beat Band!! :-D
Parent of a 2 year old Written byClarin March 10, 2011

Fun, fun, fun!

This is another great show for kids. My girls just love to dance & sing to the happy, catchy tunes. We just came across it one evening & my girls were mezmorized. I catch myself singing the Fresh Beat songs in the shower. It's a great way for your kids to learn about different instruments.
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written bymommy2005 February 26, 2011

Great Show

My sone just turned 1 last Nov of 09, he was watching this when he was a baby. He got his older sister into the show and they both love the show. I have to record it for my kids, especially for my daughter who is in school all day and misses it. Parents complain about what the kids watch because they get annoyed with it, it's not all about you it's about the kids too.
Adult Written byOriginal January 30, 2011

Nothing wrong with this show

This show makes the little toddlers wanna sing and dance a lot
Parent of a 3 year old Written bykeesimo January 14, 2011

e.g.Not wrong with the show

Why can't the just be Actors/Actress's that has gigs doing kid entertainment? Do you say the same thing about clowns and magicians that come to your kids Bday party? NO! some of you are over the edge pansy aholes. However Twist is to hyper like he's doped up of speed.
Parent of a 2, 4, 10, and 11 year old Written bybpm01 December 11, 2010

Annoying but the kids love it!

I think this is one of the most annoying kid's shows ever. I can't stand any of the 4 obnoxiously perky singers. That being said my kids love it. My son always dances and say "Mommy, I watching Fresh Beat Band!" with a big smile on his face. So I deal and let him enjoy it!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byVivsMommy December 6, 2010

Parent of a 4 year old Written bycherry0303 November 9, 2010

Great for children who loves music and dancing!

Love this show!!!! My little girl loves it also, she loves the music, beat, dancing everything!!! Please more shows and please come out with music instrument....BEST SHOW!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff November 5, 2010

Don't waste your time.

Oh my God, this is the worst show ever. This is one of those shows when people talk really loudly and never blink. I know, I'm thirteen, but seriously, don't watch this, unless you want to have a chronic headache for the rest of your life. The End. Have a nice day! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoBrofanJa19 October 11, 2010

i'm 13 and i love this show! the music's is pretty good for a preschool/toddler show and the band can actually sing. i love when Twist raps! they all are great role models and this show teaches friendship and music and helping. Of course to me some parts are corny or phony but it's just cause i'm not a toddler lol.