All member reviews for The Fresh Beat Band

Perky pals teach musical concepts with positive messages.

Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2012

bbbooorriinnng and dumb

who wants to watch grown 27 yr. olds dance all around and act like their young
Parent of a 2 year old Written byVivsMommy December 6, 2010

Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2010

I actually like the show and the songs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHimynameissomething September 26, 2012

Boo to the fresh beat band!

The fresh beat band is just plain stupid! It's so dumb! All it does is make kids addicted to their songs so the kids will want to go to it, so they'll get money. Everyone in it is ugly and annoying, too!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 21, 2012

*Ears bleeding* MY EARS *washes ears in a bathroom* That's better!

This is an annoying show,based on an annoying band.THEIR MUSIC DRIVES ME CRAZY! This band (and show) should be renamed "The Crap Beat Geeks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bycry4dawn July 26, 2012

Great show with positive messages

Parent of a 9 and 10 year old Written byTosc Weaver March 3, 2012

Something Feels Off

There is something very disingenuous and contrived about this show. I tried to be open-minded cause I thought it would be similar to Imagination Movers (which is no longer on Disney Jr but a show our family liked) but every time I watched it, I couldn't help feel beaten down by its painful lack of originality in scripts, music and characters. There's a dumbed-down quality underneath its over-the-top perkiness and an attempt to play against cliches that in turn becomes little less than farcical.
Parent Written bymsbroberts January 8, 2012

Great for singing and dancing and good messages, as well

My daughter loves the Fresh Beat Band. She sings and dances right along. The nicest part, for me, is this is one show the whole family can actual stomach watching with her since there is a large age gap.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2011

lame

Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew August 10, 2012

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! JUST STOP THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!

This is an awful show! The band this show is based on is terrible as well.Very medicore singing,cringe-worthy acting,ect.It is also a rip-off of iCarly.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bykeesimo January 14, 2011

e.g.Not wrong with the show

Why can't the just be Actors/Actress's that has gigs doing kid entertainment? Do you say the same thing about clowns and magicians that come to your kids Bday party? NO! some of you are over the edge pansy aholes. However Twist is to hyper like he's doped up of speed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoBrofanJa19 October 11, 2010

i'm 13 and i love this show! the music's is pretty good for a preschool/toddler show and the band can actually sing. i love when Twist raps! they all are great role models and this show teaches friendship and music and helping. Of course to me some parts are corny or phony but it's just cause i'm not a toddler lol.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byRaevynFaerie August 16, 2010

My 3 y.o. daughter and I love this show. We love to dance and sing along with them. It has caused her to really take an interest in playing the drums too! I can't wait to get her a real drum set of her own so that she can play along with Marina.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byEsSaMom July 28, 2010

Great for budding dancers/singers especially!

My almost three year old LOVES this show. She dances along with the Fresh Beats whenever they have a song/dance and pays attention for the entire show. We even recently got her her first drum so that she can play like Marina!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymelrow38 June 12, 2010

Toddlers only!!

My 4 year old loves it. I however, have to leave the room when its on. The tall guy, Twist, acts goofy like the lion from the Wizard of Oz. And the girl in pink, Kiki, drives me nuts because she squints all the time. It's just soooo corny but, like I said, toddlers seem to love it and it's harmless to them!
Parent of a 2, 2, and 5 year old Written bybkndhrtd February 10, 2010

I'm 64. Daughter is 25. G'kds r 2 and 7 mo. Go figure.

The pre schoolers in this house just love this show. They would really be heartbroken if it were to be removed from our viewing. The big guy, Twist, really enjoys what he is doing. He is the only one out of the four that seems like he really enjoys what he is doing. The others are there for the money.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjmc2439 January 21, 2010

Great for children love the music

I love it and so does my daughter..every time it comes on she is dancing all over the place she also gets everyone to join her. I think the music is really upbeat and fun. I don't see why others do not like it. Let it go it's not for you it's for your kids and to please them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKids Media USA February 28, 2015

[Very mild spoiler] I agree with all the haters (especially "nelly6971"). Same with Yo Gabba Gabba; only slightly more age-appropriate.

Very inappropriate songs played, at least one reference to a girl's sexy ego/hips, juveniles talking like kindergartners. NOT for preschoolers or kindergartners. I watched this when I was only 10-1/2 and it's about 60 times worse than Family Guy. They also curse and act and speak inappropriately.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymalikthewisdomteen1 December 18, 2013

GOOD KID SHOW.

Good show for kids ages 2-7. But for teens very boring. A very lame show!
Written byAnonymous October 9, 2013

I have such a headache!

This show makes me want to change the channel/mute the TV. For one thing the songs are overused and incredibly annoying. Please don't bother