All member reviews for The Fresh Beat Band

Perky pals teach musical concepts with positive messages.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byRaevynFaerie August 16, 2010

My 3 y.o. daughter and I love this show. We love to dance and sing along with them. It has caused her to really take an interest in playing the drums too! I can't wait to get her a real drum set of her own so that she can play along with Marina.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2010

I actually like the show and the songs.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMommaG July 16, 2010

This is the only show I allow my two year old daughter to watch and she loves it. My husband recently bought her a little drum set and she will play while watching. Please note that is is about what my daughter likes not what I like. For those that are critical - this is a harmless show.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymelrow38 June 12, 2010

Toddlers only!!

My 4 year old loves it. I however, have to leave the room when its on. The tall guy, Twist, acts goofy like the lion from the Wizard of Oz. And the girl in pink, Kiki, drives me nuts because she squints all the time. It's just soooo corny but, like I said, toddlers seem to love it and it's harmless to them!
Adult Written byCamrynsmommy June 3, 2010

My child loves it.

My child loves this show. She can be crying or whatever but when this show comes on, she doesn't make a peep until it's over.Not all kids will like it, but I think alot of them do. Some parents don't like it because they say it's cheesy or corny, but it's not for them. I've read some reviews of people saying they absolutely hate it. They need to grow up. There's no reason to feel that extreme about a kids show unless maybe they're just hateful people, or have nothing better to do than watch t.v. all day. There is no reason anyone should take the time to write a bad review about this show.
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2010

i love that show i watch it all the time my fave chac is kiki
Parent of a 2, 4, and 14 year old Written bycydsmom April 20, 2010

Boring......

My kids can't stand this show. The music only carries it just so far. They get bored and want to watch something else. Part of the issue is also the fact that this show has replaced some of their absolute favorite shows ever on Nick Jr. My 4 year old is still really mad that the Backyardigans aren't part of the daily programming. Watching Disney channel now....
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymilkmann1977 March 16, 2010

go fresh beats go

my 2 yr old loves this show. when he plays with his phone he calls them. and he is always turning off the light to play the drums in the dark. he is a one man band lol. he sings and dances with the show and with out sometimes. i like this show as a parent. we need some new episodes.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byProud Grandma March 11, 2010

Wonderful show for a 3-year-old.

My granddaughter who just had her third birthday has watched this show since it first aired. She loves it and gets excited when it comes on so that she can dance. Then she asks me to dance with her, which is one of those wonderful moments for a grandmother to share regularly with her granddaughter. This show is full of fun, energy, and good messages, so I hope it stays on for a very long time.
Kid, 7 years old March 2, 2010

it's good for kids

this is good i watch this all the time!
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byAshleyn716 February 27, 2010

Even great for toddlers who love music and to dance

My daughter is 16 months and she loves this show. It is one of the 3 shows on TV that I let her watch, because she loves music and she dances through each episode. I love that it keeps her active in the winter when she can't get outside to play, because she dances in circles in our living room. Between the songs, she is in a trance listening to what the characters have to say. I love that nothing gets them down, they don't insult each other or make each other feel bad. They are great role models for how friends should treat each other and how to have a positive outlook on life. There's something very encouraging about a show where they wake up happy and can't wait to get out of bed and start a new day. Additionally, it is a show that I as a mother enjoy watching with her - the music is tolerable for a change, not too far from what I'd hear on the radio sometimes. Even the dances are fun to watch as they're well choreographed.
Parent of a 2, 2, and 5 year old Written bybkndhrtd February 10, 2010

I'm 64. Daughter is 25. G'kds r 2 and 7 mo. Go figure.

The pre schoolers in this house just love this show. They would really be heartbroken if it were to be removed from our viewing. The big guy, Twist, really enjoys what he is doing. He is the only one out of the four that seems like he really enjoys what he is doing. The others are there for the money.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bysolangel2k February 8, 2010

MY ONE AND MY FIVE YEARS OLD LOVE THE FRESH BEAT BAND

LOVE IT.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bytreandavasmommy January 20, 2010

My 14 month old and 2 year old LOVE this show... We DVR every episode and my 2 yr old will ask for "band" when he wants to watch it which is at least once every day. Both kids dance to the music and they have the biggest smiles when it comes on. They will run in from the other room if they hear it to watch it. To the parents who hate it: Give it up. It's not supposed to be for your viewing pleasure. It's about the kids and what they enjoy.
Parent of a 2, 6, 10, and 12 year old Written byBrannidawn January 15, 2010

Great for energetic toddlers

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byMamasay January 13, 2010

Stop cracking walnuts people! Jeez... so much hate here. Look, it's a cute show, the kids like it.. 'nuff said.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJenDiLay January 8, 2010

Parent of a 3 year old Written byAnnieB January 6, 2010

Almost as phony and mindless as Barney.

So phony and lacking in wit. I wish they would stop the relentless advertising of this show in Nick Jr. They're trying to get us to cross over to Nickelodeon and watch it, but to do so they are removing some of the cuter little station-break songs they used to have in the same space. What I dislike most is the implication that the most desirable thing to do in life is to be in a band, "ooh, just like Hannah Montana!" I don't want my child to think your life is best fulfilled by being a little pop star.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byldelrieu January 5, 2010

I think this is a cute, fun show. But what I think doesn't matter as much as what my 3 year old daughter thinks and she LOVES it! She sings and dances with them; it's positive and cute.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byGrundy December 29, 2009

perfect for no one

Hate is not a strong enough word. Nickelodeon really should put Yo Gabba Gabba back on in it's place. The messages are better, the music is better, and it doesn't suck. The lack of negative stars makes it get 1.