All member reviews for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Good-natured sitcom that the family can enjoy together.

Kid, 2 years old September 16, 2011

Great show!

Great for 8+
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2010
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is a really funny show. I now get up everyday (Summer) and watch it. This is where Will Smith first sparked his talent and potential. Though the show is funny, I'm ticked off about Will (the character) as a role model. In the show, Carlton is portrayed as a dork for being intelligent and sensitive. Will is portrayed as the hero for women with disrespect, and slacking off in school. This I believe will give kids ideas.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymye mye October 23, 2009

this show's is awsome

I love this show i'm watching it right now on 67.
Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2010

Great Show!

a great show, will smith is soooooo funny! :) somtimes not appropriate, but most of the time a fabulous show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 September 10, 2010

A nice family sitcom

I watched some episodes. It's a funny show to watch. Will Smith was really good in this. Parents should know that this show gets more mature as the seasons progress. Sex: Some flirting/dating/kissing; some later episodes talk about sex. Language: There is some cursing ("H*ll", "d*mn, etc.) I remember one episode about drugs, but otherwise I can't think of anything else that may be concerning.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 13, 2009
It's Rated TV-G though there is some mild sexual content and language. Not bad at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 18, 2013

Perfect sitcom.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was a very funny sitcom for the whole family. It was very funny and i've seen every episode of it. The theme song is very catchy. This was and still is one of my favorite shows.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 24, 2012

Great show people!!!!!!!

This is an amazing show and it is a great show to watch for the whole family. I cannot believe that Will does not star on tv shows anymore. He is funny!
Parent Written byPlague January 25, 2010

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I super funny sitcom the whole family will love.
Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2009

... lol

in one episode cariten wills cousin has sex and tells will that he broke his virginity and they are happy not for ages 6-9
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2009

Good for 10 yr olds and up.

Great show. It's really funny. Will Smith is a good actor.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydreweth August 30, 2009

Show becomes more inappropriate as seasons go on: First season was excellent for younger kids.

Don't get me wrong: This show is brilliant. Funny, clever, but had good family morals; Like most sitcoms, but better. I must warn you, though, this show was designed to show the family growing up, and growing up they did. When the show got older, the writing was older-themed, if you get my drift. Still, try to catch shows airing during nick-at-night.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylinglingrocks218 April 9, 2008

funny sitcom

this show is great. It's kind of like full house. It got cancelled so they're no new eps :(. There is some sexual content. No violence. There is mild language like "damn", "hell", "crap", and one ep had the word "ass" in it. There is drinking by adults but there is no issue bcuz there is no drinking and driving or underaged drinking. So yes 11+ is good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: PG/TV-PG for mild language and some sexual humor

Teen, 16 years old Written byArtislifeAndiloveit August 4, 2016

It always puts a smile

incredible
Teen, 13 years old Written byPhilosoraptor July 20, 2016

Hilariously funny show, but more for adults

Okay, maybe the first season is okay for kids of 11+ years, but later, there are many mentions of sex, getting in bed, virgins, getting busy and there was even an episode with Carlton at a strip club being adored by older women. Of course, his mom catches him before he goes completely naked, but it's disturbing that even his mom was there! If anything, this is like PG 13, with mature humor. There is occasional swearing, more than you would find in a Disney or Nickelodeon kids' comedy. It's still a funny, great show you should watch though!
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2016

Good show.

I like this show and think anyone who enjoys comedy and is 9 or over would as well. The kids do date, but the show is not really inappropriate . The show has pretty good messages and positive role models except for the fact that there are some offensive jokes that do bother me, but still the are still some positive role models in my opinion. There is no violence or consumerism. there is also not much drinking drugs or smoking and not much swearing. I do suggest this show to kids 9 or over.
Adult Written byAdamNY March 20, 2016

Great show but some topics can be quite crude

Swearing tends to be in the minium. This is a great show, much like "Seinfeld," but beware, some immorality is played off for laughs (like one episode with Will taking advantage of a girl to have sex). Lots of swearing, but they tend to be censored, and limited to the bloopers.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2016

Will Smith is back

This is a great show for 4+. There is some suggestive terms but it's very very very very mild and usually hidden(I.e. worst is sexy being used
Adult Written byRyanD 1 July 23, 2015

Hilarious Show

Carlton is the best dancer ever!!!! All the characters of this show are original and hilarious. I love the scene where Jazz walks in to the house and Aunt Viv is no longer played by Janet Hubert Whitten. He says to the new Aunt Viv(Daphne Maxwell Reid), "there's something different about you.". I also love when Jazz gets dragged and thrown of the mansion by an irate Uncle Phil(James Avery) whenever he does anything Uncle Phil finds intolerable. Geoffrey the Butler PARTIES with a whole bunch of guests(including WOMEN) when the Banks family leaves the house for a weekend tending to their own affairs. That was a classic moment. I also love the episode where Carlton and Will do the Apache dance and the one where Tom Jones visits Carlton as his guardian angel to show him what life would be like if he had never been born. Overall, the show is a real treat. The language is mild(hell, damn, etc.) Sex is insinuated infrequently during teenage conversation. There may be some name-calling/ridicule but the show is fine for 12+.