All member reviews for The Glades

Bodies pile up in swamp-set show about quirky detective.

Parent Written byrojomi August 9, 2010
Kid, 9 years old June 18, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good series NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Educator and Parent of a 15 year old Written byshannongirl September 19, 2010

if you want to see this show,tape it and watch it without your kids

Adult Written byLDScomicnerd April 6, 2015

Edgy but fun show

This show has great characters, interesting stories and is well made. I have seen most of the episodes (Netflix version). On the Netflix version, the language is pretty strong for network tv. Roughly ( pg13) including sh**, I don't remember any F words. The violence is pretty realistic and corpses and cadavers are shown constantly. The show often contains material sensual in nature due to people having/discussing affairs, sleeping together, etc, and because its in Florida, swimsuits and beaches are commonplace. There are a few episodes that get a bit edgy (simulated sex with fleeting almost-nudity, one episode is about a nudist colony, and so forth). The main characters are generally good people though with fairly wholesome romantic relationships. I do not recommend this show for children or even teens unless they are fine with intense and graphic pg13 content.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBella Dancer August 14, 2012

Common Sense Media is Overreacting

I think that this show is just fine for teens 14 and up. It has some good messages about crime and the main character is a genuinely good person. The only person people might care about is the dead bodies and some of the language.
Parent Written bycalimomma September 1, 2011

Good show!

My husband and I watch this show every Sunday and LOVE it!
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2010
a witty, smart, and gritty tv show is very good. what i like about it is that its almost ,sorta funny. the crimes are a little grisly, and the main character is great. and theres mild flirting and sexual dialogue.