All member reviews for The Goldbergs

Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2014

MoreTruth!

I think kids like me are ready for these words. America, you try to keep them away from bad stuff. Might as well quit now. even if it DOES have bad words, no use flipping the channel. damn is a word an 8 year old knows about. It wont scar them or kill them. And its best they know words like that around age 9
Teen, 13 years old Written byThePointIsHere July 1, 2014

Middle-School Level

The goldbergs is a great comedy and it brings back memories for the parents. The language they use is nothing other then stuff they hear in the middle school halls. If somebody drops the f-bomb then they bleep it out. BOTTOM LINE: start having your kids watch it when they're in middle school, but watch it with them because you'll laugh because it's true and if there's a reference (Star Trek, ghostbusters, etc) that they don't get you can tell them your story about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilikepie367 December 30, 2014

Disgusting Waste of Time

Don't bother with this show unless you want to watch the most stereotypical program on tv. You have the basic slutty teenage girl (not all teen girls are boy-obsessed and dress inappropriately!) You have the jock dude, and you have the nerdy boy (gee where have I heard that one before)? Then you have the perverted grandfather and embarrassing parents (again, no surprise there). Not only is this the stupidest, worst, and most dull show I have ever seen, but the writing and acting make it seem as if it should be on Disney. Although I doubt Disney shows have older siblings instructing a 10 year old kid that as soon as he meets a girl, the goal should be to touch her boobs (this actually happens) and has a grandfather instructing the kid to do the same thing. Worst television in the world. Do yourself a favor and avoid this crap that somehow manages to call itself a sitcom. It should be left in the 80s (but that would be punishing the 80s).
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2015

Review

This is quality tv, started watching last year and enjoyed it. Nothing really to worry about except some cursing, but your children will hear them one way or another, Quality Tv That's Funny
Teen, 15 years old Written bymvp.explorer March 14, 2015

My review

I honestly think that this show shouldn't be PG because kids shouldn't be exposed to foul language and sexual suggestions. Although they bleep out some, they don't bleep out all inappropriate language. In the first episode I believe the grandfather was telling the young 11 year old, Adam to touch girl's boobs. There are also a lot other inappropriate talk throughout the series. So, saying all this, I highly recommend this show to be determined carefully when deciding whether your child, 13 or below should watch this. I love this show a lot because it reminds me of my grandmother's obsession with cooking for everyone:) The mother loves to cook for her children as well.
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2015

My new favorite show- One of the best sitcoms in years

The Goldbergs is a laugh out loud type of show. The humor is hilarious, and the episodes are always clever. The Goldberg's is a sitcom taken place in the 80's. It revolves around a bunch of scenarios and things that happen with the family. This show is very clean, with only some mild language and the strong words are bleeped. There is some great role models and most of the time when a character gets in trouble they learn a lesson. True,while some episodes have some mild iffy content, The Goldberg's is the best sitcom on tv.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 July 19, 2015

Not that funny

My 11 year old brother loves this show but I think it is lame. The humor just does not get to me. Plus they have to bleep out a curse word in almost every episode.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGetshrektm8 May 19, 2015

The Goldbergs

The Goldbergs is an American sitcom set in the 80's. It has some sexual innuendo and a lot of yelling (which is put on for comedy) The father, Murray, calls his kids morons, which is also put on for comedy. It has mild cursing and occasional bleeped cursing. It is very, very funny and has throwbacks to the 80's like star wars and Nintendo. It is one of the best shows on TV and I would recommend watching it if you have not already.
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

A Good TV Show

I like it because it's funny. They are good actors and actresses and it is a true story. You should watch it too.