All member reviews for The Good Night Show

Say goodnight with this evening soother.

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2010

trusting in sprout

i love sprout there is no bad things in it at all and i just love it
Parent of a 1, 3, and 8 year old Written bytoetoern March 16, 2009

....when you are trying to lie down for bedtime watch something on TV with your little ones .. you know you can always count in Sprout ! please keep up the good work ... my three boys always know they can put it on sprout anytime and theres something good to watch ; and parents we dont have to worry about what "might " come on that may be inappropriate; I see in no way that it keeps my boys from going to bed , or sleep; WE LOVE SPROUT GOOD NIGHT SHOW!
Adult Written bylcm0709 April 9, 2008

My son's favorite way to start his wind down to bedtime

The host (Nina) and Star are engaging and soothing at the same time -- a difficult thing to do and they do it well. The cartoons they show in between segments are also soothing and calming. There is nothing sweeter than the goodnight songs sung to hush the fish and the little sproutlets watching. I also like how you don't have to watch all 2 hours (which I would not want my son watching 2 hours of TV) but you can pick up at any point and feel like you are getting the full experience. PBS Sprout really does preschool programming well and this, in my opinion, is the cream of the crop.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2011

e.g. Perfect for preschoolers, older kids might think it is silly

My sister watches it before bed every night. Nina and Star teach you spanish and are very calm to help settle down a preschooler. They encourage you to do your best and play games and sing songs
Adult Written bymandalyn April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybadtman April 9, 2008

Melanie is a wonderful influence for children

My wife and I enjoy watching our 18 month daughter react and play along with Melanie's helpful, delightful and happy values
Adult Written bypunkerpirate April 9, 2008

My son loves The Good Night Show

My son looks forward to The Good Night Show every night. The shows are all good "PBS type" choices which teaches my little wild cat how to be a kind and caring little boy! He'd rather watch this good stuff instead of SpongeBob and similar with his older brother which is a pleasant surprise. I'm really glad that we have this viewing choice.
Adult Written bydeanabee April 9, 2008
This is my 4 year old's favorite right now. She sings along with Leo and really enjoys all the PBS kids shows that go along with Good Night Show. It encourages creativity as well.
Adult Written bynazmom April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymadoogles April 9, 2008

My Kids LOVE Nina and Star

I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old they both really enjoy watching this show. What's convenient is that it is a 3 hour block of show - each one is about 15 minutes or less, so I can tell my children they may watch one more and then it's time to get ready for bed. I think that it is quite helpful for parents. I do however think that you need to update the picture on this site, Leo was the previous host. Nina has been the host since January.
Adult Written byemilyd April 9, 2008