All member reviews for The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Scary, cynical, gross, and not meant for kids.

Kid, 0 years old December 5, 2009

Overly-Sensitve

I think that many of the adults on this site are being positivley ridiculous.You grew up with thinks like Loony Tunes and all that crap yet you slam Billy and Mandy? It is actually no different to what you already know.People say I am exactlly like Mandy,and no it is not from "influence" of the show either,I was like it anyway.The cartoon style isn't scary you may say that Grim is scary in his own right,well that is garbage.Most kids can freaking draw him,and if they are scared of it then they must be sensitive.Kids need to know about this stuff some day,so let them get it from a cartoon instead of some pinhead at the park.And yeah I am only 11,but whoose to say that im not more mature then the majority of you on here?
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Fooshster January 1, 2011

Best show on CN

I love this show. Sure, Mandy and Grim aren't the nicest characters, and Billy IS a total idiot. But that's what gives this show its character. The info given on Common Sense Media is most likely with ages 8 and under in mind. It's really not that terrible, a few potty jokes here and there but otherwise it's a REALLY GREAT show! :D
Teen, 14 years old Written bySLENDER January 6, 2014

its awesome

its totally awesome!!!! meerdog and others saying that iys bad go to sleep and get off this website haters!
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2012

AWESOME SHOW!

I USED TO WATCH THIS ALL OF THE TIME! ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER IN MY OPINION!
Teen, 16 years old Written byhelloiloveyou July 10, 2011

great cartoon!

I started watching this show back when I was seven years old, an it was one of my favorites. It's well/ cleverly written and presents interesting ideas. Some children may be distured/ may misunderstand some content, so watch this with your kids! Billy and Mandy was one of the few shows that got me thinking more than the average cartoon. It also got me out of watching TV and into books (probably because I feared to turn out like Billy who though of the TV as his master). I was also never influenced by any of the character's negative personalities, in fact I aspired to never turn out like either one of them. Overall a good, solid, well written cartoon, but should be monitered by parents.
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2010

ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER

billy and mandy are bad role models,but thats the point of the humor. its a kick-butt show its voilent(with vampires,ghosts,monsters etc.) but the theme song may look like its over-the-top voilent but its not as voilent as it looks.ive watched this show since i was six language is only mild like stupid,dumb etc.its a little strange sometimes. but its SUPER MEGA JACKPOT FUNNY.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Disgusting, awful, grotesk...

This show is absolutely revolting. CN has turned into a piece of unsavory, crude, crass, and violent junk. DO not let your kids watch this show-- or CN for that matter-- EVER! I am absolutely disgusted that some parents have compared this stupid show to Looney Tunes. Looney Tunes is my favorite cartoon of all time, and to have this dark, morbid, depressing, and all-around monstrously grotesk show compared to it is just rediculous. Yeah, characters get anvils and pianos dropped on their heads. So what? In Billy & Mandy, there's implied cannibalism, death threats, explosions, and constant bullying. Looney Tunes is totally clean! I am horryfied at what cartoons have turned into. The jokes in LT were actually FUNNY. They did NOT use potty humor. There WERE NOT evil little girls who gave death threats. Billy & Mandy is a horrble show and I beg you to not let your kids watch it--you should block CN on your TV if you know what's good for you.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasper April 9, 2008

Hey, it's not great but it's interesting.

I've been watching this showing since the old "Grim and Evil" days. Wow, I was really young back then, wasn't I? Anyways, this TV Show contains some sexual humor, but not enough to worry about. (Oh, I love the references to mythology) It does have it's creepy scenes and it's disgusting scenes. Make that, very disgusting. The plots are what keeps me watching. Like I said, it's interesting but not a masterpiece. And if your child starts acting like Mandy, go throw away the TV. Please do. Now, the bad thing is that this cartoon does a lot of stereotyping. This is frequent and should be discussed. The social behavior isn't that great either. Mandy is a manipulative bully that bullies other bullies (I know it sounds weird). Grim is a darkly humorous character who acts way too soft to be Death, and Billy is just flat out hyperactive. Sounds like it's appropiate enough for your kids? Go for it. And don't blame me if your child starts acting like Mandy or having nightmares. The TV should've been thrown out a long time ago.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrecociousBubblegum February 2, 2015

I LOVE THIS SHOW

This show is amazing! True, some REALLY sensitive kids might get scared by this show. Maybe. But seriously, the darkness is what makes it fun! The subject of death scares us, I think, so laughing at it helps us cope. The death jokes, creepy cute monsters *ahem Nergal Junior* and even random creepy things, like that one, uh, memorable episode (I believe it was called Tastes Like Chicken) that featured Mandy eating Irwin and spitting out his glasses afterwards. I saw that scene at age 5, and did I get scared or freak out? Did I afterwards have terrified dreams of Mandy coming after me with a hungry look on her face and a salt shaker in her hand? NO!!! I WATCHED MANDY REVEAL THAT SHE ATE A MAJOR CHARACTER, AND I LAUGHED! BECAUSE IT WAS HILARIOUS! And chances are, if your child is actually frightened by something like that, you're probably babying them. Now- OH MY GLOB IT'S MANDY!!! OH GLOB!!! RUN!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! SHE'LL EAT US ALL!!! JK
Teen, 14 years old Written byPopaAndreea890 August 18, 2014

gross show

we can see billy picking his nose all the time and it's disgusting.mandy is a mean cruel girl who never smiles.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2014

Zany cartoon is better for older kids

Let's face it- this isn't meant for kids. In fact, this is probably one of the iffiest cartoons to be rated TV-Y7. But it's crazy ideas and fast-paced stories will definitely be funny, and it does have a dark premise that is- to some people- a good fit. There are a few funny jokes consisting to the grim reaper, like the grim reaper when he gets exhausted after a full day of killing people, like other average work days with real people. Tweens+.
Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2013

One star is too good for this crap!

Let me start out by saying Mandy is a short girl obsessed with violence, plus, she only smiled twice in the ENTIRE SERIES! HOW CREEPY IS THAT?!?! Next we have Billy, the half-wit. And last, but least, the Grim Reaper. I mean, a walking skeleton in an axe...? TELL ME THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE CREEPS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2012

Wrong

It Should be Ages 2-5 Off and Ages 6+ On
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

great show stop overreacting

good show ibeen watching since i was little.it doesnt even show reruns anymore!i personally dont see much wrong with it the grim reaper as a babysitter is for laughs its not like their saying "WORSHIP THE DEVIL!"
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatsaremyfriends August 11, 2011

don't fear the reaper

Yeah, It's allright. I have a thing for twisted cartoons, but this isn't my favorite. If you're looking for great dark humor with SLIGHTLY good role models, I would look into Invader Zim. This show is only funny if you can appreciate the extremes of evil and stupidity and find them amusing. Personally, I'm only in it for Mandy, and Richard Horvitz.
Kid, 8 years old July 1, 2011

ok for kids

it is on cartoon network and not on adult swim it is ok for kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byheymonday101 January 29, 2011

AMAZING!

Oh my gosh!!!!! This is the best show ever(it's tied with Foster's) I really love this show, even though it's barely on. :-()-;-()-:
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

Grim is not scary

I love this show, it's really funny.
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2011

Have you taken leave of your senses? This was a great series!

We all know where shows are going nowadays. Take Disney as an example. They try to have quantity instead of quality! Back in the days where quality mattered, this was one of the greatest shows on the air. It's fourth wall humor and brilliant animation made it #1. There were lessons I learned from this show when I was little, but I came here and all the parents were saying that there were no lessons... Well, that really makes me mad! People critisize this show, but this is one from a sipler era, where oboxious shows like Suite Life on Deck and Iron Weasel did not exist.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 April 28, 2010