All member reviews for The Hills

The Hills are hardly alive, but will appeal to teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAbErCrOmBii LuVr April 9, 2008

I luv LC!

omg lc is like so pretty and sweet and i was so excited to watch the hills. she persues her fashion career. i want to be like her
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn October 8, 2009

I love this show! It is so addicting!!
Adult Written by90210fan January 31, 2011

Love it not just negative messages but some postive ones like consequencez for actions and cheating
Educator Written byJessicaMonster October 21, 2013

Perfectly innocent and fun teenage watching

I watched the hills back when I was 14, all throughout secondary school until it ended a few years back. I'm now 20 and have been watching all the series online again - due to nostalgia and because it's easy, fun watching. However, getting back on topic, is this program a risk to children? I'd say children in primary school (13 under) shouldn't watch it, but anybody over that age is absolutely fine. There is no swearing in it, and rarely when there is it is bleeped over. There is no heavily sexual content except for kissing (nothing unusual there). A lot of the episodes feature scenes of them socialising in clubs with drinks in there hands, but there is no obvious or outrageous drunken behaviour, nor is there any drug use. These girls are all well behaved in the aspects I've just listed. Yes I agree when people say it's an unrealistic view of life, but that's why it makes good television - it's a form of escapism and fun to watch. It's not like the characters are portrayed as spoilt rotten people, that get their own way at a click of a finger. They all have jobs and a lot of scenes should their climb up the career ladder and the perks of the job - Audrina works at Epic Records, Heidi at BoltHouse Promotion, and Lauren and Whitney at Teen Vogue and later on in the series Peoples Revolution. Although these jobs are unrealistic to the average young adult, they still show the cast members working which in my eyes, is a positive message for young girls. The series also has parts where it "frowns upon" characters which are jobless and in aspects unmotivated. Heidi's boyfriend Spencer is jobless and spends a lot of time doing nothing at home, he is portrayed as lazy and useless because of this, and the show therefore is portraying that having a job is a good thing - which it is. Therefore I really don't see how The Hills is a bad influence on young teens. It undeniably has lots of gossiping in it, and arguments - but that is all a part of life, and much of it young teens/adults can relate to (which is the audience The Hills is aimed at). I previously stated it wasn't suitable for people aged 13 and under, and that's only because they wouldn't necessarily understand what's happening, and may misinterpret some of it. But overall, I find The Hills perfectly innocent and enjoyable TV watching for teenagers and young adults (like myself!).
Adult Written byraquelp1234 November 6, 2011

Liked this show.

I'm a fan of this show. and would watch every episode. the only time i stopped watching it when was lauren left. she was the reason i watched the show.. and the girls have really cute clothes. =D
Adult Written byPlanet July 10, 2011

Planet

I think Laguna beach is slighty better than The Hills. Some bits of The Hills is Fake and some bits is real.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeautiful.teen August 29, 2010

Perfect for teens 13 and up :)

I watched it only once (so far) and i actually liked it! i think it's appropriate for ages 13 and up, it's really nice! I'm definitely gonna watch it from now on!
Adult Written byRandabby69 May 22, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written bysoccer_411 February 9, 2010

This show is definitely my guilty pleasure! I'll admit it was much more appealing when Lauren Conrad starred on it but I still love to sit down and watch all the blow-ups and cat fights. Its a captivating show just behavior isn't exactly what you'd call appropriate.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byJimmyH December 16, 2009

Parent of a 8, 10, and 13 year old Written bySunshine90 December 16, 2009

This show makes getting in cat fights, drinking and sleeping around seem fun. When in real life its not. These Characters make bad decisions and have no consequences. This show is not good for Preteens or young teenagers.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmnp96 October 30, 2009

Ok good enough to watch

harmless getaway for all tweens and teens nothing inappropriate in it just idiotic characters

Drama! Moving! Fun! Laugh! Cry! The Hills has it all...

Lauren Conrad 'LC' proves that if you want something bad enough you can't just wait around for you've got to get up and chase it down until its all yours... Sometimes she lets her gaurd down with people too quickly but she has her life long friends to keep her grounded... I've been following this show for quite some time now and I want you to know it's a very moving experiance, ther's drama(like in everyday life), friendships being formed and lost, and of course more drama, but after all this time Lauren has taught me some very important thing to look forward to in life!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheerleaderx3 April 9, 2008

laguna beach sequal

it is a pretty good show its kinda a remake of laguna beach i think its little inapropriate but i think at my age kids should know beetween right and wrong but def. not for under 12
Teen, 13 years old Written byelly216 April 9, 2008

I love this show!!!1

This show is about a girl is just moved to hollywood,CA with her best friend. But then theres problems. And its such a good show ilove. and i dont want to ruin the show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKrazykoolkid12 April 9, 2008

It's okay

Sometimes I find this show really fake and the characters super stupid, but for some reason I always find myself watching it. I like it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychingy123 April 9, 2008

I loved

I really catch myself just waiting for the Monday nights to roll around. I have to admit though is that it is very dramatic! Things are always happening to the cast. I teaches you every day challenges and lessons. I only encourage this show to older teens due to some of the contient. other than that it is so awesome!
Adult Written bySaRaHuGhS24freak April 9, 2008

i lost 6 brain cells watching this

this is a great show because it teaches you what it will be like in the real world
Adult Written byLRS April 9, 2008