All member reviews for The Hour

Artful drama explores the origins of news as we know it.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 3, 2012

hour

Why were women often considered inferior to men, particularly in a professional environment, and how does the show address these prejudices? How have attitudes about the feminine "nature" changed since then? How does the one-hour news show the characters create compare to the mix of news and opinion programs on the air today? How has the 24-hour news cycle -- and the Internet -- changed the way we get information? Do people smoke and drink more or less than they used to in the 1950s? What social, environmental, and political factors brought about the change?
Kid, 6 years old January 11, 2014

AAAAAAAAAAAh!!!

Dark Themes
Adult Written bycamronf June 25, 2015

Not What I View as TV-14

We're a Christian household, and are always trying to find things that fit within our moral standards. This show does have a lot of cursing (which I mute, aided by a script I find online) and ended up liking the storyline and that there wasn't excessive gore or sex scenes... until either episode three or four, when an extremely inappropriate love scene toward the end started on the screen. Nothing I would let any fourteen-year-old, or even myself, at nineteen, to watch. I am much stricter, I suppose, on what I would consider too intimate for the general public to be exposed to no matter their age, but I find a lot of parents would agree that this is too mature for fourteen-year-olds or anyone under the age of seventeen. So sad because I was enjoying watching the show with all of the mystery and intrigue.