All member reviews for The Koala Brothers

Brothers struggle with the simple(st) things.

Kid, 7 years old April 6, 2012

Cool

Ok, i don't watch it anymore but my little brother does when i spot my eyes on it (cause i haven't seen it in a long time) today i got freaked out i was like oh! heavens! when i looked bad i said to my brother why don't you watch it? he laughed and sat down and watched, its a bit creepy cause why is the koala's skin purple? i don't know if its better than oobi i hate both cause im older not a baby im a kid but its fine
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

!

I DO NOT LIKE IT BUT I AM 9 IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR LITTLE KIDS
Adult Written byBooBooMagoo April 9, 2008

A hit with the young set!

When I first saw this show I thought it was a bit "hokey" for lack of a better word. However, my 3 year old was instantly hooked! I love the message of always helping others and my son always asks, who are Frank and Buster going to help today as soon as he sees the little Koala Brothers. He even asks how he can help me! With so many shows having questionable content (even those that are aimed to the preschool set) I find this a refreshing show. I can leave the room for a few minutes and know that he was not exposed to something that I will later regret. This show is one to turn on for the youngsters!
Adult Written bytiwi March 2, 2016

I Love the Show

I'm an adult who enjoys watching animations before I go to bed to put me in a peaceful mood. I stumbled upon the Koala Bros on Netflix and after watching 2-3 episodes I fell in love with it. I personally prefer British and Australian animations because they have a certain touch of sweet and gentle kindness to them that I can't find anywhere else. The show itself is about a few different animals that live in the outback of Australia. Each character has its positive and negative personality traits. A typical episode consists of a character struggling with their weaknesses and the koala brothers helping them overcome challenges. The show promotes kindness and teaches people how to deal with their personal problems. Not everyone is perfect and you can fix or do anything with the help of your friends. This show is not intended to be educational, but the visual/ audio senses will be stimulated. In my opinion its for all ages adults to youngsters, but anyone not interested in a kids show wont enjoy it (no brainer). It isn't painful for adults to watch because some of the animals have personalities that are humorous from an adults perspective. Mitzi for example is a painfully blunt opossum who often comes off snotty/ bratty/ self-centered/ whiney/ demanding and usually upsets people with her words, but she doesn't realize it. She just says what’s on her mind and tries to do good things, but she doesn't know how to do that and often ends up in sticky situations. Luckily for her, her friends help her make everything right again. She learns her lesson along the way. I think this character’s personality is dreadfully common. Another character is an alligator named Archie. He is very talented and classy/ sophisticated. However, sometimes it’s off-putting for other animals. He excels at most everything and can get a little too arrogant at times. The koala brothers help Archie socialize better. Everyone knows someone like Archie. The only thing remotely negative that caught my eye is that the animals don't eat healthy foods. They pretty much only eat cakes and ice cream. They love cooking delicious things to share with all their friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byilovekoalas June 17, 2012

AWESOME LOVE IT

THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!!!! LOVE IT AND I LOVE THE THEME TUNE!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! USED TO LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old February 7, 2012

Koala Awesome

Good
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

boring

Parent Written byMChalice December 14, 2010

Sweet, enjoyable and just a tad exotic.

We love these adventures in general. In contrast to the review above, I think the themes are imaginative for young children. The landscape and characters are far from my child's own world, not watching much television and living in the four-season NE. We enjoy them as a family, especially the Christmas special of bringing Penny penguin back to visit.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGeodeGem March 17, 2010

Koala Brother's Climb the Tree's to the Top!

It's soooooooooo cute! I love there acsents and, in a way its educational, somehow it brightens my mood, just like that show Stanley.
Adult Written byBLLingg April 9, 2008

My Favorite Cartoon!

It may be slow with some contrived situations, but I don't notice it! I just flat out enjoy the cleanliness of the show and I REALLY enjoy listening to them.
Adult Written byrmaryyanek April 9, 2008

The best!

With so many shows trying to teach kids about letters, shapes and numbers at this age, it is refreshing to find something targeted at social skills. I disagree with the commonsense rating. My 5 year old loves the show and he has taken up the cause. Please give us more quality tv that teaches about compassion, kindness to others, and understanding.
Adult Written byhollikins84 April 9, 2008

Wholesome

I think this show is so incredibly sweet and wholesome that it is perfect for growing toddlers and young children. It teaches children exactly what most other television shows lack- social skills.
Adult Written byWyoMom April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjulesmck April 9, 2008
Adult Written byonekid April 9, 2008

Good show

Who says all TV has to be educational? I like to watch TV for fun sometimes, and I'm sure my daughter does, too! She likes to watch the "Koala Brudders" as she calls it, and she likes to help me, just like they help thier friends. I like the claymation, it's nice for a change.
Adult Written byshinmachi4 April 9, 2008

Why We Like It

This has rather quickly become my daughter's (3) favorite show. We like the (slow) pace of the show, as it is a bit of a relief from the ever-quickening tv programs out there right now. Also, we think it is actually quite educational. While it doesn't necessarily teach easily quantifiable skills like colors, left or right, or a new language (like Dora), it does teach some very responsible social skills. Communicating our problems, helping one another, and getting along well are the top skills it reinforces. Also, KB does a good job teaching calm problem solving and trial and error. A great example of this is the episode where Lolly's ice cream bell breaks, and they attempt to find a suitable replacement. All in all, a great show - and one that does teach some important skills, while being just plain fun.