All member reviews for The Legend of Korra

Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

Very good

this is such is an awesome show. Quite darker and more suspense...etc than Avatar the last airbender. If you know your kid can handle much violence and fantasy than this the show for you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyoda1494 February 5, 2013

Kora

Alright
Teen, 17 years old Written by012345678900000 December 20, 2012

cool

cant wait till this comes to my country!
Teen, 15 years old Written byFuschiaphoenix November 17, 2012

My favorite show!

This is the we've been waiting for since The third season of Avatar: The Last Airbender ended. The first season of The Legend of Korra starts 70 years after The Last Airbender, but I have to admit the first season was very rushed. We're still waiting for three more seasons! So excited! LOK has a very devoted fandom, sometimes pairings and shippings get out of control. But anyway, this show definitely uses violence. Either from electrocuting your enemies or from the increases use of bombing buildings, you can bet it to be all about action and adventure to keep the show going. Slight romance, but nothing more than kissing and hugging. But when season 2 comes out-please watch it and see for yourself!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

Action! Action! Action!

This is a great spin-off of another great show! Nice animation style,great adventure,ect.Recommend it to anyone!
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2012

Korra is awesome.

Good show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byicebrotha July 25, 2012

Awesome but could be a bit much for kids.

The aspect called Blood Bending in the show could be a bit scary for young children. Read other people's reviews to get a more in depth review. That's all I'm gonna say! Oh but it's an excellent show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMakorra July 23, 2012

Magical!

Teen, 15 years old Written byishaan sharma June 25, 2012

The Review Came a Little Early

This is, by far, one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. It is a perfect blend of action and comedy, and has socio-political themes that are also relevant in contemporary society. However, this review came out much to soon, and the show eventually became darker than one would have thought after the first two episodes. The finale for the first season ends with a man blowing up a boat to kill both himself and his brother (the main villain of the first season). While both men were cruel, and this was intended as an act of redemption, I still feel that it was too dark for a show on Nickelodeon. Regardless, the show is amazing, and I would recommend it to everyone.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTruthForYouIdoits June 23, 2012

Violence With a Good Purpose

Honesty I love the series just as much as I loved the first although it has gotten much darker. The main villain of the first season, Amon, decides to flee the city with his brother but when they are in the boat leavening the city Amon makes a comment that "everything would be like the old days" right before his brother took one of the eclectic-gloves and put it over the gas tank to blow the boat up. It doesn't show any gore but it doesn't take much to realize that he just committed suicide to kill his own brother. They show the boat exploding but leave the rest to the imagination. Other than that though, the show is wonderful and has a lot of positive messages also. There is a strong female character other than the title character Korra as well, named Asami that makes the right choices even when tempted to do otherwise.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 June 18, 2012

A wonderful sequel that manages to even improve from the original show.

In 2005 my favorite show of all time Avatar: The Last Airbender started and went down in American Anime history. It was smart, funny, and very cool. Sadly the show had to come to conclusion in 2008. Then a terrible move was based off the show and I really thought there was no hope for Avatar to keep going. But then when least expected The Legend of Korra comes. The Legend of Korra is a excellent show. It brings back great nostalgic memories from The Last Airbender but it also brings a new feel to the show. In many ways it is even more entertaining than Avatar. Saying that it is better than Avatar: The Last Airbender would be a little off. Honestly, I think it is just as great as the Avatar and no better. I do miss the characters from Avatar but the show brings in great new characters that are very well developed. Like I said, the show feels like Avatar. Thats what is so great. The animation looks like Avatar and it also has that awesome feel Avatar managed to so easily capture. What I like about this show is it feels more modern. It takes place maybe in the 30s or 40s era. The show takes place in a more urban setting than Avatar. That setting gives the show new opportunities to try new things and make it even a better show. I'm so glad The Legend of Korra is here. I was a little worried at first it would fail but I can assure you that is never going to happen.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySummerGaal June 2, 2012

Violent, but still great.

Being the obsessive mega-fan of the original series that I was, I was awaiting this series as soon as the credits rolled on the original's finale. I have to admit, it's lived up to some of my expectations. Although its definitely not Avatar: The Last Airbender, it makes a good fill-in. That being said, it's still perfect for those who didn't watch the aforementioned. Like the creators have said, this is like A:TLA grown up. We've still got the drama/comedy mix, but it's more for older kids/teens. There are relationships, flirting, a couple of kisses, and a love triangle, but is completely chaste, and not so "icky" that it keeps boys from watching. There's also violence; some of it getting to the point of being dark and downright scary. On one particular episode, the antagonists (The Equalists), take control of a social hub, electrocuting anyone that got in their way, blowing up portions of the building, dragging Korra and friends out of the water after they had been electrocuted, etc. We also see multiple police vehicles(both air and water) on fire and sinking in the harbor. I don't know if it will get any worse, but that's been the most violent thus far. Aside from that, Korra and her friends/allies are wonderful role models for both boys and girls. They teach kids to be who they really are, and to stand up for themselves and what's right.
Teen, 15 years old Written byspacechick22 May 26, 2012

My Favorite Show

One of my favorite shows on television! It caters to the fans of the previous series, who are mostly teenagers now, but is also great for younger newcomers to the Avatar universe. Great story, deep characters, and thoughtful issues make it more than just another cartoon. It is a bit darker and more mature than the previous show as it deals with mature issues, but the fun and humor is still there. I think it's great for kids, teens, and adults alike!
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2012

the legend of korra

it is a fun show that kids will love
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 April 15, 2012

Great show, but has a mildly dark storyline

I saw the first episode of this show and it's a really good show. However, the show seems to have a darker storyline than Avatar: The Last Airbender. But the show's really good and it's not too scary for kids 7+. Violence: Some fantasy violence during bending battles, but nobody gets seriously hurt. The show seems to have a darker storyline than Avatar: The Last Airbender, with a creepy masked villian making plans to get rid of the main character. But nothing too scary for young kids. Sex: Some references to teen crushes, but nothing too much. Consumerism: Based off the TV show, Avatar: The Last Air Bender, which kids might want to watch after seeing this show.