All member reviews for The Magic School Bus

A fun, frantic, and educational ride for kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 December 3, 2013

Awesome, though it does promote evolution.

This show is great, and I only have one thing against it. This show does promote evolution, which is my one and only problem with it. For parents who are concerned with that, there are only one or two episodes to skip.
Adult Written byLowe's man May 8, 2016

even worse than Barney

Yes, you read that right. Several years ago MommaFish felt a need to tell her daughter that school isn't going to be like Miss Frizzle's classroom. It had better not be! And if it is, heaven help us! If I would've had Miss Frizzle I would've asked Barney to come and rescue me and fly me into a purple phone booth. Sometimes even our enemies are our friends! I saw this show once or twice in the late 90s, and my, was it overstimulating! If I would've had Miss Frizzle I would've run for cover. SESAME STREET, CAPTAIN KANGAROO and 3-2-1 CONTACT made science fun and entertaining without being overstimulating. No one on those shows ever wore loud clothes either like Miss Frizzle did. Those were much better shows! Another thing, at least according to marykins2004, is that there was one episode where the kids went inside a sick kid. Didn't they ask his doctor for permission first? If they didn't, Miss Frizzle was showing a reckless disregard for HIPPA laws and in the process encouraged her students to do the same. This show may be unwittingly encouraging unethical behavior. And let us not forget the simplistic language used on THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS. Introduce your children to SESAME STREET, CAPTAIN KANGAROO or 3-2-1 CONTACT instead. You'll thank me. As for THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS, let's be glad that it's gone, and let's hope that it stays gone!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 24, 2014

Classic!

This was a great show. Nice animation, very educational, funny characters, and cool plot. PBS Kids, bring The Magic School Bus back! It's way better than the crap you have today!
Kid, 9 years old March 9, 2013

The most informative science show

The topics cover space science, body functions and medicine, geology, a little bit of chemistry and more as an 18 year old now I can say I just watched it for the entertainment value but once I turned about 10 I found it helped me better understand many concepts I was learning in a fun way and as I watched an old episode today I noticed many facts that many adults aren't aware of presented in an easy to understand way and othe r facts I learned in highschool for example the episode was on going to space and they gave loads of facts about the various planets and why they look the way they do ( due to storms, asteroid impact etc) and various other concepts I wasn't aware of and learned throughout highschool and middle school. I think its a very important show that should be watched by children growing up as it helps understand concepts that most kids are learning as I know it helped me excel more in my studies as a child.
Adult Written byJEDI micah February 27, 2013

This was a fun way to get televised education!

While there are some moments where the kids might be in danger, there's nothing here that parents will want to raise their eyebrows. Besides, this is a fun show! I used to love it so much, and it's very educational!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 15, 2010

The best show ever!

This is the very best show for children of all ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheacky3 May 31, 2009

I use to watch this in kindergarten

This is a great show on discovory kids. This show is a show on dk that looks like it's rated TV-G. It's so kidish but they teach all age science. This show is rated right, unlike the other TV-G shows on dk. The other shows with the rating TV-G look TV-Y. The other shows like hi-5 and stuff are a bunch of crap. I mean come on. Im 13 years old, and there is no way all ages are going to watch those other TV-G shows on dk.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byJennEBryan April 9, 2008

i nearly died watching it in school!!

Too boring! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Parent of a 4 year old Written byfierce_mink_2000 April 9, 2008

great show!

I am very conservative regarding what I let my kid watch--every movie must be screened before he sees it to be sure it's ok. The magic school bus meets every criterion--there is no sex, no violence, no massively adult themes (like racism or nazis) AND it's educational AND it's fun. My son loves the show, and so do I.
Parent Written bylimegreensneaks@gmai November 17, 2015
My preschooler started by reading the books before we moved onto the TV series. Each episode follows a book quite closely, which might be helpful for younger viewers (our library had almost all of the books). He has picked up several scientific concepts from the show, although some are (obviously) over his head. However, he still enjoys the characters' interactions even if he doesn't understand the scientific concepts. Aside from the science lessons and some discussion about what might be happening interpersonally for the characters, my son also learned a lot about wordplay, puns and jokes thanks to Carlos' perpetually bad jokes. Personally, I like that the kids are diverse, and that the character of Miss Frizzle is a very positive female role model. Also, unlike in other shows, where the child-characters can engage in nasty name calling or bullying, the characters in this show sometimes are in conflict, there is positive modeling of how to handle that. While I understand that other parents might be concerned that this gives kids unrealistic expectations about school, this has not been an issue for us--he has asked how the bus could do X, Y or Z and we simply explain that it is magic and make believe. This seems to be enough for him.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpike-G. November 7, 2015

Awesome show!

I don't care how old I am, I still watch this show. What can I say? There's only good things about it. While it's entertaining enough on its own, you can also learn a thing or two while watching it. Not gonna lie, I think it's pretty funny. Especially when Ralphie attempted to hide the fact that his entire class was inside him, or when Carlos did his Arnold Schwarzenegger impression. In my opinion, more people should be watching this, of all ages. There's no reason not to. Kids of the right ages will like it and so will adults.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad November 4, 2012

A ride on the education bus!

the show has quality educational value, and the field trips aren't "field trips". their straight-up adventures (with educational value). but here's something potentially funny about it: in one episode, the class goes on a "field trip" into outer space, and they think that Miss Frizzle has disappeared, and she gives them a "clue" about where she is: "the colder you get, the hotter you'll get." It wasn't a "clue"(which actually would have been better). It was straight-up a dead giveaway. I'm not using that as an unprofessional criticism. I just thought it might be potentially funny.
Parent Written byOnlineParentSpy July 17, 2012

TV Show (Magic School Bus Review).

The magic school bus is a fun learning TV show! In This Case... My 4 Year old loves this.... she says... she wants to watch it for the rest of her life time!? I don`t know where she learned that! But.... this is very good for all ages! They Learn About Bugs, Animals, Germs etc. This is fun for kids! I am giving it a 4!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

This is a good show.

I LOVE this show! It is funny,well written,and has a great plot! I recommend it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover January 25, 2012

little kids only

Good for the little ones but older kids will be bored in seconds.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 3, 2011

Makes learning fun...

Magic School Bus is a really entertaining show. It literally makes science fun.
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2011

A great educational thrill ride for kids!

This show brings back so many memories! I love it! It is very educational because it teaches you about science and stuff! Kids 5 and up are A-OK! Make this a must see for your kids (if you are a parent). Although the animation might be outdated (the show was made in the 90's).
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

Education on TV! It exists!

This show is good for educating little children. Many shows are violent but this cartoon explains how things work and has many science topics for kids under the age of 10. It is a basic show with some humor and is safe for younger children to watch. I give it an A+!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaplefrost February 28, 2011