All member reviews for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Over-the-top 'toon OK, but lacks substance.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesome_O September 25, 2010

Awesome, but dark.

This show is pretty awesome in a teen's opinion, but the show may be too dark for what Common Sense Media is saying it is targeted for. I'd say a tween audience would be good.
Parent Written byrogdigity June 19, 2011

not for young kids or sissys

On par with a rob zombie music video. Promotes glutinous candy and syrup intoxication. Some images would likely give a kid a good scare. Not exactly educational in the least. This show would be great for adult swim. That being said, I loved the show. Very good if you are of an age old enough to appreciate the show for what II is, watch it. This show is hilarious!
Adult Written byskofabordello December 18, 2008

Best thing ever!!!!!

I love flapjack! My friends love flaplack! my niece and nephews love flapjack. It's not violent., its cute and light hearted! Only Nazi's dont like flapjack and call it Inappropriate!!! FLAPJACK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bythestarynightcritic January 19, 2015

worst show ever

pure utter junk.will slowly kill any kid watching kid watching it.brings nightmares to my mind when I close my eyes.teaches liberal ways and 100 times worse then any other Spongebob episode.never makes any since and you could not pay me any amount of money too watch 5 minutes of this sick,time wasting,dumb show.
Written byAnonymous October 5, 2013

Good, but still has a lot of flaws...

This show is pretty good, but there are a lot of things stopping me from saying 'It's a good show'. Let's go over the show. Plot: A little boy name 'Flapjack' that goes on adventures with a sailor named K'nuckles to get to candied island. Pretty good, original premise. Animation: Not bad, I'll give it a 6.5/10. Art: Very disturbing, it makes you want to look away from the show. Humor: Funny. Voice acting: In my honest opinion, it only fits Flapjack and K'nuckles quite well. Every other character? No. My other problems with the show: The episodes can get really disturbing and gross. So if it were less disturbing, I'd like it more, but otherwise it's an okay show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 21, 2012

Chowder was clever, but THIS, no way!

you dare call this a show, I saw episodes that were disgusting, I saw one where a fat and ugly lady made k'nuckles kiss her toe(CHANGE THE CHANNEL!) and I saw other disgusting episodes that I do not ever ever ever ever ever want to mention! Go see a doctor if you like this show, he will help you so you will not be GROSS!
Parent of a 10 year old Written bykells727 April 26, 2010
It is FUNNY! If you are worried about the "wrong message", watch it with your children! You might find yourself laughing along with them and maybe that half hour you spend watching this silly, far-fetched show might be one of the memories your children will cherish- the time Mom or Dad watched Flapjack with me. Worth the 30 minutes, don't you think?
Adult Written byFelicity1169 September 7, 2012

It's like watching old sea tales that went out of hand.

I love this show. I don't know why but I do. The entire show takes place in some surreal colonial era world where all the old sea tales of monsters and mermaids are real. It's a great show with entertain character. I admit some scenes are really scary though.
Adult Written byShizukaVictoria May 31, 2011

Exceptional :)

I personally admire this show, I'm not the biggest fan but I'd watch it anyday. I agree the graphics are sort of unpleasing to the eye at times but if you can't stomach it theres no reason to internationally state that this is a disgusting show. Flapjack and K'nuckles remind me of the relationship Spongebob and Mr.Krabs have and who doesnt love spongebob?As well for this show having a nautical setting which can relate to spongebob very well. It almost has the same humor, Flapjack randomly singing for like 10 seconds which i find adorable.This show is definitly out of the box although in the show itself it seems to be getting nowhere with its primary goal which is to get to candy island(?). However, I find this show to be alright for a kids 7+ to be able to watch if he's not disturbed by the graphics.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byhealthymum September 25, 2010

Perfect for all ages.

This is a great show for kids. My child loves to watch these quirky characters and I love the messages it gives her. Thanks to Flapjack and K'nuckles, we don't have to eat vegetables anymore, just candy. Thank goodness for that. She also now loves to play in the mouths of large marine animals and hug drunkards that we pass while bar-hopping. The only concern I have is whether or not this show will encourage my daughter to build large minions out of fish heads and hair.. I suppose I just won't take her to any barber shops for a while. Nevertheless, we all love this show!
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycatgirl102 September 23, 2010
Just not a good show period
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 5, 2009

Some Suggestive Nonsense

I was watching one episode,and Captain K Knuckles fell in in love with a mirror. The mirror is dressed like a lady and Captain K Knuckles had his shirt up the whole episode. Flapjack hides in the covers of the mirror, and Captain K Knuckles married the mirror(probably Flapjack,too). Flapjack has to act like a mom and raise some kids. There was a naked baby in one episode. Knuckles cursed in episode(We could not hear him and not understand him). Besides that, it should be TV-Y and for age 4.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydanny 7000 August 14, 2015

the marvelous misadventures of flapjack is not for little kids

i think the marvelous misadventures of flapjack is a amazing show but its not for little kids because its really creepy dark and vilonte theirs one episode where this lady breathes in captain knuckles face and his skin peels off and you see his flesh theirs lots of creepy images in the show flapjack gets sea sickness and goes crazy captain knuckles goes crazy without candy and stares at flapjack with a creepy smile and then he has a creepy hallucination where flapjack pours a bunch of candy down knuckles mouth the docter is seen eating something by the patient on the bed his face looks all red but then it turns out he was just eating a red donut the docters really creepy in one episode flapjacks face was stuck to a peice of paper and he was gonna stab him in the face with a spear and in another episode it looked like he was gonna stab flapjack and captain knuckles santa clause appeared in one episode and made a bunch of bugs crawl on flapjack theirs also some adult jokes like a guy selling crabs yells i got crabs and a box genie asks flapjack to get him more lubricant with that being said i think flapjack is for preteens and teens and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 13
Parent Written byAmityPeaceful1 April 13, 2015

Good

It is really good for kids see flapjack is kinda raised by two people a whale and a very bad person named Knuckles' but besides Knuckles' Flapjack might copy what Knuckles' does but Flapjack takes everything in a good way Like he likes togetherness and friendship Bubby helps out alot she's like his mother what I'm trying to say my kids love this show I even love it. Its Funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 6, 2014

Dark but has humor.

This show is really good in my opinion its dark and has its scary moments like the cats episode and others but its a pirates life more likely and there's the candy store it replaces the bar but the same it just sells candy captain knuckles and flapjack get really sick of the candy and it has the same affect as drunkness but the little kids wont get it and its funny aswell!
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2014

Strange cartoon is too edgy for very young ones, but still entertains

Dark images, weird plots, and strange background characters- the whole thing seems like a college kid's flash animation. But it's much more than just that. This TV cartoon is actually more for adults than for kids, but that's not an issue, considering kids can still laugh at the slapstick cartoon violence. Sure, it's dark, but not dark enough for the youngest of children to be scared. It's not perfect(keep that in mind), so it isn't quite five-star material, but anyone who can find humor in edgy darkness will laugh.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLunarWolfe September 23, 2013

Not bad!

Mm... Not bad, a little disturbing in some episodes, but not bad.
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 20, 2013

What the heck did I just watch?

Flapjack is CRAPPY and OVERRATED. The animation is horrible and the characters are annoying. The acting is horrible as well. Go watch Gravity Falls, not this piece of garbage.
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 20, 2013

Just No...

this show is anything else than marvelous, here we go again, the characters are unlikeable the animation is horrendous, it has no real jokes and it feels like the people who made this show are on drugs and at times it tries to copy SpongeBob it barely lasted 3 seasons and got replaced with shows that are just as mediocre as this crap
Kid, 8 years old August 30, 2013

it's funny but a little crazy

the amazing cartoon they are working on the episode charcter are flapjack,keptenkenels,bubby