All member reviews for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Over-the-top 'toon OK, but lacks substance.

Parent Written byrogdigity June 19, 2011

not for young kids or sissys

On par with a rob zombie music video. Promotes glutinous candy and syrup intoxication. Some images would likely give a kid a good scare. Not exactly educational in the least. This show would be great for adult swim. That being said, I loved the show. Very good if you are of an age old enough to appreciate the show for what II is, watch it. This show is hilarious!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesome_O September 25, 2010

Awesome, but dark.

This show is pretty awesome in a teen's opinion, but the show may be too dark for what Common Sense Media is saying it is targeted for. I'd say a tween audience would be good.
Adult Written byskofabordello December 18, 2008

Best thing ever!!!!!

I love flapjack! My friends love flaplack! my niece and nephews love flapjack. It's not violent., its cute and light hearted! Only Nazi's dont like flapjack and call it Inappropriate!!! FLAPJACK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bythestarynightcritic January 19, 2015

worst show ever

pure utter junk.will slowly kill any kid watching kid watching it.brings nightmares to my mind when I close my eyes.teaches liberal ways and 100 times worse then any other Spongebob episode.never makes any since and you could not pay me any amount of money too watch 5 minutes of this sick,time wasting,dumb show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 6, 2014

Dark but has humor.

This show is really good in my opinion its dark and has its scary moments like the cats episode and others but its a pirates life more likely and there's the candy store it replaces the bar but the same it just sells candy captain knuckles and flapjack get really sick of the candy and it has the same affect as drunkness but the little kids wont get it and its funny aswell!
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2014

Strange cartoon is too edgy for very young ones, but still entertains

Dark images, weird plots, and strange background characters- the whole thing seems like a college kid's flash animation. But it's much more than just that. This TV cartoon is actually more for adults than for kids, but that's not an issue, considering kids can still laugh at the slapstick cartoon violence. Sure, it's dark, but not dark enough for the youngest of children to be scared. It's not perfect(keep that in mind), so it isn't quite five-star material, but anyone who can find humor in edgy darkness will laugh.
Written byAnonymous October 5, 2013

Good, but still has a lot of flaws...

This show is pretty good, but there are a lot of things stopping me from saying 'It's a good show'. Let's go over the show. Plot: A little boy name 'Flapjack' that goes on adventures with a sailor named K'nuckles to get to candied island. Pretty good, original premise. Animation: Not bad, I'll give it a 6.5/10. Art: Very disturbing, it makes you want to look away from the show. Humor: Funny. Voice acting: In my honest opinion, it only fits Flapjack and K'nuckles quite well. Every other character? No. My other problems with the show: The episodes can get really disturbing and gross. So if it were less disturbing, I'd like it more, but otherwise it's an okay show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLunarWolfe September 23, 2013

Not bad!

Mm... Not bad, a little disturbing in some episodes, but not bad.
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 20, 2013

What the heck did I just watch?

Flapjack is CRAPPY and OVERRATED. The animation is horrible and the characters are annoying. The acting is horrible as well. Go watch Gravity Falls, not this piece of garbage.
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 20, 2013

Just No...

this show is anything else than marvelous, here we go again, the characters are unlikeable the animation is horrendous, it has no real jokes and it feels like the people who made this show are on drugs and at times it tries to copy SpongeBob it barely lasted 3 seasons and got replaced with shows that are just as mediocre as this crap
Kid, 8 years old August 30, 2013

it's funny but a little crazy

the amazing cartoon they are working on the episode charcter are flapjack,keptenkenels,bubby
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 26, 2013

...

I like this show, but unfortunetly, it has gotten bad reviews saying it's stupid, gross, creepy and scary. I don't know, I KIND OF agree with some of the hate, but that's not the shows main focus. It's about a kid named Flapjack and a Captain named K'nuckles who go on adventures to get to candied island. While sometimes weird, it has a good amount of depth for a children's show, the character's are funny and the show itself will sure keep kid's entertained. It has plenty of good messages for kid's about the importance of creativity and adventure. Bubbie cares for Flapjack and will do anything for him no matter what. The mains character's do occasionally act drunk off syurp and drink candy out of beer glass, but it's funny. Good cartoon.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMitchell Charleston July 1, 2013

The title of this show is so misleading.

Why do people like this stupid excuse for a cartoon? The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is about a stupid kid who goes on crappy adventures with some idiot named Captain K'Nuckles. I really hate the characters. They are annoying and stupid. The animation makes me want to puke. It is so gloomy and ugly. Oh yeah, it gets WORSE. This show is so boring. Just like someone else on here said, it's boring as math. This show is a disgrace. A major disgrace to Television. It is also one of the WORST pieces of trash in Cartoon Network history. Regular Show and Adventure Time are 100% better than this crap. I've seen shows that are so bad that I'm surprised they are making it off the drawing board. There is only one good thing about this show: Brian Dole Murray voices Captain K'Nuckles. The reason why that is the only good thing about this is because BDM plays The Flying Dutchman in SpongeBob SquarePants (which beats this crap by a LONG SHOT). I'm glad this is no longer on the air. Because it was one of CN's worst mistakes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTripFoot January 11, 2013

Unadmirable characters and bizarre plotlines mar weird cartoon

I am not easily creeped out. This is coming from a girl who enjoyed Courage the Cowardly Dog, an extremely weird show. when she was seven, who loved grotesque books such as Abarat, and watched the sci-fi/horror movie Alien, and thought it was funny, when she was in 2nd grade. That said, I have to admit that one or two episodes of Flapjack have totaly creeped me out. Here I will provide a basic overview of the show. Animation: One word - ugly. Flapjack's world has a sailor/docks/small seaside city atmosphere. The atmosphere and feel of sea adventure isn't necessarily bad - except that the animation is overly ugly. Most of the adult characters are extremely ugly, especially Captain K'Nuckles; he looks bad enough from far away, but sometimes when you see him up close, you see all his nose-warts and facial hair, which doesn't seem to belong in a cartoon aimed at ages 7-10. Is it OK in Ren & Stimpy? Sure. Does it add anything to Flapjack? No. Characters: The only relatable major characters are the naive Flapjack and the fiercely loving whale, Bubbie. All of the other characters, such as K'Nuckles, are selfish, greedy, mean, etc. The worst part is that the only child main character admires Captain K'Nuckles. Storylines: The storylines totaly creeped me out sometimes. For example, in one episode there were these read heart-shaped things that were coming from flapjack's head. (Or something, I can't really remember.) They discover that the weird hearts taste good, so they sell them at the bar. Meanwhile, flapjack is feeling faint. They start wondering, what are these hearts? Then, the hearts come alive (with creepy bug faces and all!) revealing that the hearts were actually some sort of monster tick and the ticks tries to kill everyone. I was totally freaked out by this plot (maybe because it was a cartoon rather than book? Maybe because I have a fear of finding bugs in my food?) so I don't reccomend this show to more sensitive people. Who I recommend this to: Not to kids. While we shouldn't bombard kids with learning stuff, this show has little or no positive messages whatsoever. I have no idea what idiot was in charge of the script, but the "adventures at sea" atmosphere (while well-done) was ruined by bizzare plotlines and unadmirable characters. Sure, have a naive protaganist, but at least have him grow as a character to learn not to trust everybody. This show is an opportunity missed. However, I do recommend this show to those who might be interested in watching part of one show because the animation, while purpously yet unnecesarily ugly at times, is quite nice.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

AHHHHHHH! SOMEBODY HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME!

THIS IS SO GROSS! It is very overrated too! I can't stand more than 5 minutes of this horrible trash!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 21, 2012

Chowder was clever, but THIS, no way!

you dare call this a show, I saw episodes that were disgusting, I saw one where a fat and ugly lady made k'nuckles kiss her toe(CHANGE THE CHANNEL!) and I saw other disgusting episodes that I do not ever ever ever ever ever want to mention! Go see a doctor if you like this show, he will help you so you will not be GROSS!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 10, 2012

The Not-so Marvelous Misadventures of Lamejack.

Some people are just ADDICTED to this crap! The question is,WHY?! Brian Dole Murray is awesome on SpongeBob (the best show on TV),but he totally FAILED on Flapjack! So glad this show is gone,it was one of the worst shows ever! First off,this show was lame and boring.The animation is not only ugly,but it's a rip-off of Chowder's animation,except on this show it looks HORRIBLE! Flapjack is a rip-off of Chowder (the character),but FJ is totally ANNOYING! Other things about this garbage rip-off poor Chowder.What else? There's the artwork,which looks SO BLAND! Sometimes it's too light,and some other times it's WAY TOO DARK! The characters are dull and uninteresting.The only interesting character is the talking whale.But she is only a little interesting,bucause she talks! That's pretty cool.The storyline,plots,and potential sound interesing at first,but then just FALL FLAT! The humor is just terrible,and it makes NO SENSE AT ALL! Drinking candy out of glasses?! Gross-out humor?! The fact that the jokes have no point whatsoever,makes it even worse.I find it stupid! Oh yeah,and for the icing on the cake,this show has things you would NOT AT ALL want your kids to see! Like beer mugs,uses of the word "stupid",and horrible violence (THANK GOD it's just cartoony!) Thats what the episodes are like,they have too much crude humor or anything else happening either! Thankfully,Flapjack is cancelled.
Adult Written byFelicity1169 September 7, 2012

It's like watching old sea tales that went out of hand.

I love this show. I don't know why but I do. The entire show takes place in some surreal colonial era world where all the old sea tales of monsters and mermaids are real. It's a great show with entertain character. I admit some scenes are really scary though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 31, 2012

THIS IS CRAP!

Flapjack is a terrible show.The humor is lame,the show is boring,ect.I'd rather do homework all night than watch this garbage!
Adult Written byJEDI micah July 17, 2012

A SPONGEBOB WANNA-BE!!!

This show, which I am thankful that it is not on the air anymore, was pretty stupid, and it seemed like it wasn't going anywhere. A lot of the content and humor reminds me of SpongeBob, which I think is kinda copying it! This is a worthless cartoon. The only thing impressive is the special effects on the water, and that's it! I still can't believe that I wasted my time watching this stupid cartoon! Thank goodness we have Regular Show, MAD, and the other new cartoons because these shows beat Flapjack by a long shot!!!