All teen and kid member reviews for The Mentalist

Teen, 15 years old Written byp.s i luv tv August 20, 2011

overallview

The show the mentalist does not send out a positive message to people as it is mainly about murder and Jane's own private case of finding red John a serial killer. The show gives children a message that revenge is a good idea. The mentalist does contain some violent scenes but nothing like criminal minds! There is quite a lot of language in the mentalist although I do not find in offense parents may not like to expose there children to it. There is the at least one scene in each episode where alchol is consumed and tobacco is mentioned.
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2014

Good Show, But Not Good Role Models

The mentalist is a show about a man (Patrick Jane) trying to get revenge on a serial killer who killed his wife and daughter. Probably doesn't sound so good, but in reality there is some goodness to it. For example Patrick Jane is bright and inspires teens to use their surroundings to get answers. It is very fascinating to see how Jane solves each case. Even though Jane is trying to get revenge he learns that revenge isn't the answer. This show has strong violence, drinking as a form of stress relieving, and some sexual content. Parents should know their child before allowing them to watch!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRockAndRollKid August 8, 2013

Ok show not for young kids but not too bad.

Mentalist is that bad if a show. First before I start my review I want to talk about what this show is about. It is about a guy who is very smart and one day he gets caught doing a crime and has to work for some cops that solve murder cases. There is this villain named red John who you don't see yet and the main character wants revenge because he killed his family. I not k ow what's wrong with violonce 24 is worse and they have a smaller rating but T times the mentalist usually has shootings at the end and people get drunk sometimes and get Into fights. Drinking and use of drugs ain't really a prob. Onetime s you may see a character drinking some beer or wind but they don't get to drunk. The sow is actully very funny when you get to know James (the main character). Out of all the show is great for old kids and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byphilip1302 August 8, 2013

Good show but you have to be mature enough

Young people shouldn't watch this show. The murders and Red John scenes are gruesome.
Teen, 15 years old Written byromy97 April 22, 2013

The Mentalist (:

I really love this show.. It is extremely funny and charming, and the violence is not too bad = even though the main story line involving the serial killer Red John is a bit gory it still isnt that disturbing. And there definitely are positive role models - for example the boss of the bureau Teresa Lisbon who is not only a great cop fighting the crime quite successfuly but also a very kind and strong woman.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIvoryNeptune December 21, 2012

I like it.

I watch this show, but with my parents. All in all this is a good show but parents should watch it with their children just in case. Definitely not for youngsters.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytakenforafool15 November 18, 2012

Great show

Teen, 13 years old Written byGinganinja October 23, 2012

An argument

(me explaining an episode of the mentalist to my mom) Me: so Lisbon and everyone think it's the dad, the weirdo cousin, and the coworker but it cant be all three so then Jane tells them- Mom: oooooh! The cute guy! Me: Simon Baker is forty! He ISN'T cute! Mom: come on! You've gotta admit it. Me: He's FORTY! I can't possibly think a forty year old is CUTE! Mom: whatever... I still think he's pretty handsome. Me: *groans*
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2011

The Mentalist 101

The Menatlist is an amazing show! If you're the kind of person who likes mysteries and instense moments, you'll definetly love this show! There is some shooting and language, but really not as much compared to Bones or anything. Thanks for reading! :)
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2011

An awesome show!

Simon Baker is a great actor and Pactrick is a great observer.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMillyMolly June 1, 2011

Amazing tv show

Great acting, good plots every time. There are scenes with violence, and blood, but it's amazing to see how he uncovers the scene.
Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2011

really cool

this is my first crime drama and i wasnt disapointed.jane is a great role model,smart and kind.some salty langue and seances of blood but its still my fav tv show
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissMoonie223 January 26, 2011

Love it!

Great show, Patrick Jane is not the greatest role model, but he's definately likeable. Some episodes are WAY intense (some of the Red John ones) but some episodes aren't bad for the more weary ones. I love this show, but because of some of the Psychic stuff, I have to skip out on some episodes. Other than that, it is a great show.
Kid, 9 years old November 26, 2010

3rd best tv show

i like the mentalist it is a good tv show
Teen, 13 years old Written byPEMDAS November 7, 2010

I think this show is great for kids! It’s one of the few crime dramas that doesn’t have much violence. Swearing is rare and there is only one or two episodes I can think of that had any sexual themes. I’ve been watching this show almost from when it started (when I was 11) and have scene every episode. I think the CBI agents are awesome role models for kids, and will get them interested in pursuing law enforcement as a career. I recommend The Mentalist for mature 9-11 year olds and any kid 12+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKoolioman June 15, 2010

BEST CRIME DRAMA EVER!!! For elder tweens and up.

This is the best crime drama ever! I have seen every episode so far and loved it!!! But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 12 because of violence, a little sex, and strong language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBooth_Bones_4eva January 31, 2010

Perfect for older teens but not for younger kids or tweens

It doesn't matter what you all say, but i think lisbon and her team are great role models, they are all smart, beautiful, sophisticated women who have a great life in what they do.nYes it might have a lot of violence and some sex but thats alright because the good bits outweigh the bad
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattthemovieman December 21, 2009

very well-made, unpridictibLE show

i like it
Teen, 13 years old Written byemilypog4 October 8, 2009

Great TV show!

I love this TV show! I think it discusses real life issues, it's not like this stuff doesn't happen in real life. I realize that the murders can seem brutal, but my little brother (who's 9) and my sister (who's 11) love the show. I think you might have to be a little mature to understand and comprehend everything. But, the charactors are awesome! Go Simon Baker!
Teen, 13 years old Written byx3panda June 23, 2009

Amazing

I am 13 years old and this is my favorite show. Depending on how mature the child is I say 12-13+ .