All member reviews for The Middle

Teen, 13 years old Written byThePointIsHere June 30, 2014

Great, little kids might not get some things

So I started watching this this year and LOVE IT!!! I recommend it to everybody but there's just a few things- teen crushes/kissing, curse words but really mild h**l and d**n but that's it with the occasional "sucks" from Axl speaking of is the laziest of them all and doesn't care about anything really. Sue is a positive, optimistic role model that everybody can relate to. The parents drink beer often but never get drunk. Brick is the youngest and is a lovable misfit like Sue. The only problem is that your kids and you might not relate to some struggles that they go through until your kids are like 10. BOTTOM LINE: if you need a laugh put this on.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2014

Funny Show

This is a really funny show. I would recommend it for families with school age and older children.
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2014

Amazing Show

Be careful about showing this to kids 10 and under, but otherwise this show is amazing. Mild curse words but nothing horrible. Includes some instances of sexual topics and few instances of smoking and drinking. Mature kids would be able to enjoy this show very much!
Teen, 14 years old Written byZebraGal February 8, 2014

Watch this show now

This show is great. I watched it when it came out when was about 9 or 10 and loved. I still watch it now. Frankie is a really good realisric role modal as she keeps her family going. Brick who is my faverite is really quircky/ autistic but trys really hard. The only mention of drugs is Mike (the Dad) does drink beer but this is shown in negative light for the most part.
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2014

Good messages in this show

The middle review this tv show is entertaining and funny but some episodes a ruder then others but this tv show has good messages for example sue the daughter always fails but never gives up. Brick is considered a good role model he is super smart is quirky style brings more joy to the show Axel the oldest is funny. The language is mild h*l da*n are used oh my god is used but an infrequent use of a*s and bus***d in one episode axel says slu*ty but the stronger words a only in the later ones and a still very infrequent ca*p is used to. Sex is not to bad axel has girlfriends kisses and mild references that kids won't get it is a good family tv show I recommend btw season 2 is the most non rude one but they are all not that rude it is iffy for ages 5-7 and on for ages 8-10 great show
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2013

INCREDEBLE show

OK look this show is AMAZING there is barely any cussing exept for a few p*ss and d*mn and NO sexual content my mom and i watch it all the time . P.S. and a little drinking SO WHAT
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusiclover47 October 12, 2013

Funny; mildly inappropriate

I love this show!! It's hilarious! It's mildly inappropriate but compared to everything else on TV these days, it's fine. There is occasional talk about sex, drugs, and drinking, but as long as kids understand that the only people drinking, smoking, and having sex are adults, then it's fine. This show is really funny, you should totally watch it!!
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2013

Super Funny!

I love this show! It's hilarious! There is some sexual innuendo, but young kids wont even understand it. some bad language.
Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2013

Very humorous, safe for children 9+

This is a very good TV Show, and I have watched every episode. I've never seen the language escalate from level 1. The father of the family, Mike, will usually grab a beer, but other than that, I couldn't find anything else that would set a bad example for a youngster, but you should still watch an episode or two just to get a feel of the show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 May 11, 2013

MOSTLY APPROPRIATE

the show is one of my favorite shows ever!!!! their is an eentsy-weensy bit of language and some kissing, but thats about it.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2013

VERY FUNNY, amazing show

VERY funny show, but littlest viewers (under 10) wont get some of the humour. On some episodes it does show self-confidence, hard-work and never giving up (mostly from Sue - the middle child). The show has a hilarious spin on an everyday, average family.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2013

The Middle, great family show :)

The Middle is a great family show for kids 11 & up. Some kids may not understand any of the jokes, or any of the characters problems or situations. The young 11 year old son, Brick, is not very social, has no friends, and absolutely LOVES to read, (which I have no problem with
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2013

The Middle

This is a very funny TV show. It has some good messages with families.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysash99 February 24, 2013

YAY!!!

A clean show! YYAAYY!!! I love it!!!
Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2012

Funny comedy is better and more kid friendly than modern family.

The Middle is definetley my favorite show, me and my parents watch it every Wednesday and I have seen every episode. It is alot more kid frindly than Modern Family. There is some beer drinking and smoking. There isnt any language that is too serious but there is some borderline language like crap, freaking, Oh My God, sucks, screwed, moron, hell, boobs, idiot, and stuff like that, plus a few mild sexual refrences. Its not appropriate for 8 and under but 9 and up is fine. I think it is the best show on right now so I highly reccomend you watch it.
Kid, 10 years old October 7, 2012

I L.O.V.E THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/5 STARS 100% YES!

I love this show. This is my most favorite show in the world now!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW! The Middle is about a family (Brick, Sue, Axl, Mike, and Frankie Heck who live in the middle of the country and their family is not the most "normal" family in the bunch like Brick has social problems and loves to read, Sue always wants to go out for something and she has a positive and happy attitude. Axl is just that kid who is NOT bright and is a weird kid who thinks he is hot. There is some swearing but not alot. They mostly say Da**, S**t, A*s,and B***h. Their family is not wealthy so they usually live off of Subway and just plain out "Movie Dinners" (Heat up pre made frozen food) The parents drink beer and don't get a reaction but their Aunt Ginny smokes alot. This show is On for ages 8 and up and 5/5 stars 100%
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2012

Lol

This show is amazing and one of the only comedies that do NOT involve strong profanity or constant sex talk. There are some references but other wise great! It's one of the only TV shows I actually laugh at.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaya13 August 9, 2012

Funny

My 8 year old brother watches this and I love it too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 9, 2012

Interesting look at modern life

I've seen the entire series of this show since I started watching back in 2009, and I really do enjoy it every Wednesday night after a hard school day. While at times they make Sue and Axl a little too clueless for believably, the families antics are still amusing. Former Janitor Neil Flynn proves he has range here, playing a standard dad who doesn't care about too much, and of course the highlight is Brick, one of the best kids I've ever seen on TV. It doesn't get as much as credit as "Modern Family," but obviously America's still loving it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykjdaniels July 30, 2012

Funny Family Comedy

This is a family comedy. The language is the only thing in this show but it's very mild the words are d*mn, h*ll, and occasionally a**. Tweens and teens can watch alone. Often rating TV-PG-L