All member reviews for The Middle

Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

Awesome

This is an awesome show and very funny. There is occasional kissing and minimal swearing. In the first season (1 and 2) Brick makes references to breasts. Good humor but some is mature humor.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2015

Great TV show for tweens and their families!

My family and I get together to watch this every week, it's a great quality show! Aside from mild insults and not too much swearing, language isn't an issue. There is an adult couple with kids, and occasionally teen romance. Otherwise, this show is totally appropriate with great messages and funny, loveable characters.
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2014

Best TV show ever!!

I love this show and I watch it every day (I record it with my TV and watch it the next morning because I dont like to stay up late)! My sister who is 6 years old watches it with me and enjoys it. She doesn't usualky get most of the jokes and when the parents/teens refer to sex and crushes it just goes right over her head. They do say some swears but it only the acasional "a" word or hell or something like that and we always tell my sister not to repeat it and she doesn't ask what they mean or anything. Overall, it is an amazing sitcom and it is a very funny show!
Teen, 15 years old Written by888Molly December 8, 2014

Totally appropriate and funny without being stupid or inappropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 November 7, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byRadelite October 25, 2014

Basically a show about well your life.

Good show decent for older kids and fine for teens. Has good messages, probably a show moms would like to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySophiaB123 August 26, 2014

Family Comedy For Tweens And Parents

Although some references a pretty much innocent funny family comedy
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2014

Maturity is Key

I find this a very funny show. for kids 11 an up. based on there maturity.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThePointIsHere June 30, 2014

Great, little kids might not get some things

So I started watching this this year and LOVE IT!!! I recommend it to everybody but there's just a few things- teen crushes/kissing, curse words but really mild h**l and d**n but that's it with the occasional "sucks" from Axl speaking of is the laziest of them all and doesn't care about anything really. Sue is a positive, optimistic role model that everybody can relate to. The parents drink beer often but never get drunk. Brick is the youngest and is a lovable misfit like Sue. The only problem is that your kids and you might not relate to some struggles that they go through until your kids are like 10. BOTTOM LINE: if you need a laugh put this on.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2014

Funny Show

This is a really funny show. I would recommend it for families with school age and older children.
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2014

Amazing Show

Be careful about showing this to kids 10 and under, but otherwise this show is amazing. Mild curse words but nothing horrible. Includes some instances of sexual topics and few instances of smoking and drinking. Mature kids would be able to enjoy this show very much!
Teen, 14 years old Written byZebraGal February 8, 2014

Watch this show now

This show is great. I watched it when it came out when was about 9 or 10 and loved. I still watch it now. Frankie is a really good realisric role modal as she keeps her family going. Brick who is my faverite is really quircky/ autistic but trys really hard. The only mention of drugs is Mike (the Dad) does drink beer but this is shown in negative light for the most part.
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2014

Good messages in this show

The middle review this tv show is entertaining and funny but some episodes a ruder then others but this tv show has good messages for example sue the daughter always fails but never gives up. Brick is considered a good role model he is super smart is quirky style brings more joy to the show Axel the oldest is funny. The language is mild h*l da*n are used oh my god is used but an infrequent use of a*s and bus***d in one episode axel says slu*ty but the stronger words a only in the later ones and a still very infrequent ca*p is used to. Sex is not to bad axel has girlfriends kisses and mild references that kids won't get it is a good family tv show I recommend btw season 2 is the most non rude one but they are all not that rude it is iffy for ages 5-7 and on for ages 8-10 great show
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2013

INCREDEBLE show

OK look this show is AMAZING there is barely any cussing exept for a few p*ss and d*mn and NO sexual content my mom and i watch it all the time . P.S. and a little drinking SO WHAT
Teen, 15 years old Written bymassmediamakesitwork October 29, 2013

The Middle is my favorite

its a very good show! There isn't much inappropriate scenes in it but on the other hand it sends positive messages especially about family life. It suits about all ages but I do recommend it for 10+
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusiclover47 October 12, 2013

Funny; mildly inappropriate

I love this show!! It's hilarious! It's mildly inappropriate but compared to everything else on TV these days, it's fine. There is occasional talk about sex, drugs, and drinking, but as long as kids understand that the only people drinking, smoking, and having sex are adults, then it's fine. This show is really funny, you should totally watch it!!
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2013

Super Funny!

I love this show! It's hilarious! There is some sexual innuendo, but young kids wont even understand it. some bad language.
Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2013

Very humorous, safe for children 9+

This is a very good TV Show, and I have watched every episode. I've never seen the language escalate from level 1. The father of the family, Mike, will usually grab a beer, but other than that, I couldn't find anything else that would set a bad example for a youngster, but you should still watch an episode or two just to get a feel of the show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 May 11, 2013

MOSTLY APPROPRIATE

the show is one of my favorite shows ever!!!! their is an eentsy-weensy bit of language and some kissing, but thats about it.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2013

VERY FUNNY, amazing show

VERY funny show, but littlest viewers (under 10) wont get some of the humour. On some episodes it does show self-confidence, hard-work and never giving up (mostly from Sue - the middle child). The show has a hilarious spin on an everyday, average family.