All member reviews for The Middle

Teen, 13 years old Written bySonicSpeed360 October 21, 2010

Good modern TV show that makes you laugh out loud!

The Middle is a laugh every time, and me and my fam enjoy watching it. The lines are well written, and it's funny to see just how weird things can get around the Heck family. Here are some thigns you should know before you or your kids(I'm not a parent, just giving insight): *Mild Swearing in almost every episode, such as d**n, h**l, and occasionally "sucks". *The kids are lazy sometimes, like 8-year-old Brick, who usually does nothing but read books, is extremely unsocial and often relies on his mother, Frankie to do school projects for him. *Axl, the typical 15-year-old teenager, is a little lazy and is usually seen walking around the house with nothin' but his boxers on. * The show suggest what a "modern" family is like, kids might take this to heart and try to be like this family. *The dad and mom, Mike and Frankie, usually drink beer. Nothing too serious. These reasons are why I rate this "iffy", because some parents care about what's here, others don't. These reasons aside, however, the show is excellent with jokes and other events that are just plain hilarious. I would definitely reccomend this to families hunting for a good TV show.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycocosimon April 12, 2011

OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW I WATCH IT EVERY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

Its good

This show is funny. i love to watch it every wednesday. its has some bad things in it but nothing to be concerned about brick is sooo cute.some times i think its boring
Parent of a 1 year old Written byAlfan March 25, 2014

I don't believe the show to be realistic. The family is just a little too chaotic to be typical. Most people in 2014 have replaced the avocado appliances by now. The house is a parody of what Hollywood thinks is a normal Midwestern home.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written by4mountains September 16, 2010

We laugh quite a bit as we watch this together. We do let our 9 year old watch The Middle, although there is sometimes a bit too much "d*mn", "cr*p", and other words we don't like either of our kids to use. Once in a while there is a bit too much sexual innuendo. I wouldn't say this is a perfect show for families, but it's very well written and for the most part, we are OK with the content. They always try to weave in a life lesson, which we appreciate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. March 25, 2010

Clean comedy!

The Middle is a cute comedy that's super-funny for a tween or teen to watch by themselves, or for the whole family. It's clean, funny humor, and is down-to-earth and honest. The family is so funny, especially the kids (Axel, Sue, and Brick). Awesome Wednesday night viewing!
Teen, 15 years old Written by888Molly December 8, 2014

Totally appropriate and funny without being stupid or inappropriate.
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2014

Amazing Show

Be careful about showing this to kids 10 and under, but otherwise this show is amazing. Mild curse words but nothing horrible. Includes some instances of sexual topics and few instances of smoking and drinking. Mature kids would be able to enjoy this show very much!
Adult Written byholly525 October 2, 2013

Great Show for Parents and Teens to Watch Together

I love this show! Sometimes I swear I'm watching my own family on TV when I watch it! It makes me not feel so bad about being so awkward! I like the fact that it's a non-glamorized portrayal of everyday life. One message you can get from it is that not everyone has that picture-perfect life, but you can still appreciate the small moments in life. And find the humor in everything! I think that's so important!
Parent Written byshanerocks May 10, 2012

Outstanding Comedy!

This show is one of my favorite shows! A great family show. The only reason I put it up for age 11 is because the parents drink alcohol in mostly every episode and some episodes there is words that are not THAT bad but not the best.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for little kids.

Great show. Not much inappropriate. A little drinking once in a while. Older brother is a bad influence. Middle daughter is very weird. Young son is extremely smart. It's funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011

great show, nothing wrong with it; my whole family watches it
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Watch this show, very funny!

This show is so funny, no wonder how it is so good. The Christmas special is the funniest episode! It is a good show for little kids if they laugh.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bycape January 26, 2011

ok but

this show is funny very very funny just wish they would tone down the swearing a bit though because this and modern family seem to be the only 2 family sitcoms there are and it kind of spoils things with that bad language but like it other than that .ps i love sue she is just so fun who coudnt love her .
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2010

Hilarious, Clean and Entertaining

The Middle is Hilarious. It doesn't have bad language usually, and there isn't any innapropriate content except Axel goes out with girls. The kids (Brick, Axel and Sue) are really funny and talented actors that are highly suited to play their characters. Sue isn't good at anything really and she isn't the most popular kid in school. Axel is always walking around in only his boxers, and he usually degrades his siblings. Brick is the youngest, and he is usually reading. He talks to himself constantly, but that's usually for laughs, and he is very antisocial. Frankie and Mike are really good actors also. Altogether The Middle is a really funny and entertaining show for any kid 10 and up.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDaJoos October 9, 2009

A funny show for the family with tweens and above to watch together

As this is a new show I can only give my impression after watching the first episode, so things might change (doubt it, though). In any case my wife and I watched the first 10 minutes or so by ourselves (recorded) before deciding that not only was it appropriate for our 13 year old but that she would like it - we were right. The next evening we sat down together and watched the entire episode and really enjoyed it - it is entertaining and (so far) very funny. Thankfully it does not appear to be written by 23 year olds who think every 'joke' has to be related to sex or belittling someone - humor is related to what every family goes through. Very mild language, and funny 'placement ads' for other ABC shows did not bother me in the least.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPJH October 8, 2009

Me and my whole family (parents, brother 6, sister10, and sister 12) all watch this show together. This show is hilarious and our family definitely relates to this show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byopalescent April 10, 2015

Hilarious Show

This show is utterly hilarious. Honestly, it's definitely my favorite ever. My younger sibling watches it, but things go way over her head easily. If your young child notices everything, I'd opt not to watch it with them. The characters have flaws and are well-developed. It shows the importance of family and strong relationships. A few racy comments, but like I said, it will probably go over your young child's head. Some swearing, but nothing TOO bad. It reflects slightly exaggerated real-life situations, but are believable enough. Again, great show. I definitely recommend it. :)
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2015

So funny!

I watch new episodes all the time. It's a great comedy show and many families can relate to it. There isn't too much swearing.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

Awesome

This is an awesome show and very funny. There is occasional kissing and minimal swearing. In the first season (1 and 2) Brick makes references to breasts. Good humor but some is mature humor.