All member reviews for The Mindy Project

Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl September 6, 2012

The Mindy Project is lots of fun for OLDER teens, but even still, I'm not sure it's worth it. :/

This show is HILARIOUS, but it's definitely for mature teenagers and adults, as it is not all that appropriate. Mindy is a free spirit who sleeps around and drinks but she does want to change her life. She does want to find a good man, and she wants to get married, so she decides to change her life. Of course, baby steps are needed and she doesn't exactly stay straight to her no acting slutty rule. . Sex is one of the few issues with this show, although it is a pretty strong issue. It doesn't show anything, but there are many passionate kissing scenes that imply sex throughout the series. There is one character who is a ladies man and, or course, there are multiple love interests as is the show is about her trying to find a guy. There are also MANY sexual jokes, for example, one character snickers to himself that he didn't think sex addiction was real until he met another main character. The main character than admits he enjoys it but is not addicted. Another example included Morgan suggesting to Mindy that she could dress up as a condom, or a tampon for Halloween. Stuff like that, once in a while. Characters drink a lot, and I think language is limited to heck and dang; one time the f-word was bleeped out, however it was used for humor. This show is insanely funny, but it's for older audiences. EDIT: Originally, I had rated this appropriate for 13 years old and older, but as the series progressed, I just had to come back and raise the age limit to 15. This show is funny, but more and more sexual references are being thrown in so casually/ofton, that it's taking away the funny. I'm considering quitting the show personally because I just don't think it's worth it anymore. With simplistic and not clever enough plots added with the never ending sexual jokes, I just get bored when watching it. The only reason I have stuck with it so far is the character Morgan, who is hilarious and so far has made it worth my time. I would really suggest to those interested in this to take a look at "Ben and Kate" instead. B&K still has some smexy content, but not to the point it's overbearing like TMP. The Mindy Project can steal a few snickers from you over the mature jokes, but Ben and Kate will have you rolling with laughter over the awkwardness, randomness, and clever/witty scenarios.
Teen, 13 years old Written byspencerhastings November 30, 2013

Favorite comedy!

The Mindy Project, in my opinion, is the best show on FOX. This show keeps me laughing all the time and I feel that more people should watch this show! Most of the time, Mindy is a good role model. However, there are sexual jokes that people should watch out for. There is some kissing and make-out sessions, but nothing more. There is also some drinking that people should be aware of before watching the show. However, this show is a great watch. I demand more people know about this show since it is amazing! Mindy Kaling, other than being the lead role, also writes episodes (she is really talented!). Danny Castellano, a gynecologist at the office, is extremely well-written and is probably one of my favorite characters ever! Great watch! I'd rate this show 8.2/10.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrodoSwaggins February 16, 2015

Likeable cast

The Mindy Project is a silly show with a great set of actors. Mindy is very boy-crazy and there is lots...and I mean LOTS of sex involved in this program...although it is not overly-explicit. Otherwise, if you ever want to get hooked on a solid romcom then Mindy is your girl. To be honest, I usually do not enjoy romantic comedies, mostly because the main character is so perfect and obviously desirable. Mindy Lahiri defies those boundaries. She's an imperfect (yet loud and proud) character. She's not the role-model type, but this show doesn't exist to be made into a lesson. It's there purely for enjoyment and sometimes that's a good deal.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDaneeH January 4, 2015

Starts off good but progressively gets worse.

Mindy is the most cliche stereotypical girly girl who is determined to find a man. Yet she has a habit of one night stands and partying. Although a funny joke will pop up from time to time I don't think it's worth the time anymore to watch it every week. There hasn't been one episode where sex isn't mentioned and to be honest, it's getting old.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylilywuzhere September 20, 2014

Funny!

This show is full of bad role models, but if your kids have a good head on their shoulders, then they'll be fine. It's a lot like the office, however, because it's not told from documentary perspective, you see more sex. Mindy and her colleagues are OBY-GN's so these topics are discussed with ease. Funny if you're mature enough to handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoelopez May 21, 2013

Pilot inappropriate but not the rest of show

The pilot is totally hilarious but inappropriate for younger viewers. Mindy gets drunk and totally is not a good role model . But if you watch the rest of the episodes you realize that it isn't at all like it's pilot. It has good messages and sweet characters . There is not much swearing, drinking nor drugs. No sex actually shown on screen but it is implied and talked about.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHamham1228 September 2, 2012

Why is this even here? Are the people that run CommonSense not have common sense?