Goofy '60s Beatles clones offer kids worry-free laughs.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymonkeegirl April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2011

Jolly Good Show, Mate!

I loved watching this when I was 6 years old. Its good, clean comedy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byheyo510 April 9, 2015

A Big Part of my Childhood

I've loved the Monkees since I was 6 years old, and I still love them! (The show and the band) It's a good show because it's completely fun to watch, and the music is unique and fun to listen to! It really is great for any age, but you sort of have to grow up watching it to love it. Maybe not, but anyway, it's just a spectacular show and their history as a band is fun to read about.
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Spectacular!

What an amazing show that never gets played out!
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2013

A very great show!

My mom showed me this show and I really love it. Some of my friends like it too. The characters are really funny and they are very good friends. They play music which I like also. Sometimes there are guns used by the bad guys, but sometimes they tell people that guns are bad and that they should love eachother, not use guns. I have a monkees tamborine and some pictures too.
Parent Written bymommakay July 7, 2012

The Monkees are great for kids!

My 9 year old daughter loves the Monkees, so much that I think she knows every one of their songs. I love their squeaky clean image, scoffing at people who smoke and refusing alcohol. They always stick together especially when the going gets tough and do the right thing even when it's not easy. I think there are some great messages about being a kind person and a loyal friend, about money not being the most important thing in life, good eventually prevailing over evil, and all that 60s peace, love and understanding that seems to have gone out of fashion. The icing on the cake is the musical romp segment that happens during each show, a precursor to MTV. I wish more tv shows today were like this one.