All teen and kid member reviews for The Muppet Show

Teen, 14 years old Written by1visualFXguy May 23, 2013

Awesome Show But Had One Scary Episode.

I loved Muppets when I was a kid. My favorite characters were Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, and the Swedish Chef. I also liked the performances by. Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem. I have seen every episode and remember most skits. The episode with Alice Cooper scared me into not liking Muppets for a while. When I finally got back into them I liked them better. Violence : Explosions, slapstick comedy, some scariness. Language : The word 'hell' has been used in several songs. Sexual Content : None. Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking : Characters sometimes smoke, but remember this was the '70s. Scariness : Like I mentioned earlier, you should wait until your kids are at least 8 or 9 to watch the Alice Cooper one. Also some monsters and ghosts on the shows can scare little kids. Unchristian Things : They performed "The Devil Went to Georgia", which isn't that big of a deal and Alice Cooper asked Kermit to sell his soul to him. Overall, it's a good show for 5+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSKY42 April 10, 2012

TOMATOES

The audience throws tomatoes (GASP)
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2013

Great Show,But Be Warned

First Of All,Let Me Say that The Muppets Are Funny,Great,And Talented. But,When My Dad And I Were Watching It(Season One Of The Muppet show) There Was Something Not Appropriate.Well,At Least That's What My Dad Thought. When The Part Came Up,He Asked me''Is This Appropriate''? But We Kept Watching.And In Another Weird Sketch,Kermit Was Singing About Some Tattooed Pig(Not Ms.Piggy Though!) But Even Though The Muppets Are Funny,Great,And Talented,There is Some Weird/Inappropriate Sketchs.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydanny 7000 August 7, 2015

the muppet show is a good show

i think the muppets show is a classic show its very family freindly but its aimed at adults so theirs some innuondoe in it and some episodes are more adult but other than that its very family freindly with that being said i think the muppets show is a classic show but some episodes can be more adult and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 7 and for the more adult episodes anyone under 13
Teen, 13 years old Written bybratser August 4, 2014

Celebrity Filled Comedy Fest is Great Fun

Most know the muppets from their impressive collection of theatrically released films, though their show is just as great. While the first season gets off to a pretty rocky start, like most shows, Seasons 2-4 show the series as a perfected comedy show, though season five which is the final one is less of what made the show great though it is stil a good season of the show . The show is half sitcom, half variety show. The muppets struggle to run a variety show hosted by Kermit the Frog. Each show has a celebrity guest with comedy skits, songs, and the plot taking place backstage most of the time. The show excels with its use of comedy sketches like Saturday Night Live, and feature the biggest names in Hollywood at the time. Plots can be as comedic as trying to lose weight or as touching as trying to decide whether to leave the show for bigger fame. Even the audience gets a say as hecklers Statler and Waldorf criticize the show in their balcony. Some of the show takes place backstage, and some on, but they are both great. In the content area there is lots of violence with explosions happening almost every show though it is all comical though characters do get battered up, and there is lots of gun use throughout the series though no one is crucially injured. Some episodes feature drinking and smoking though it is not something that happens all the time. There is minor inneundo and not much else. There are a couple of episodes that may not be suitable for kids as well. The Raquel Welch episode features her in a revealing outfit in one number, and features Fozzie shy around Raquel Welch. The Lola Falana episode also features Lola Falana in a revealing outfit in one number, the Rudolf Nurevey episode features him in a sauna with only a towel doing a duet with Miss Piggy, the song is Baby It's Cold Outside, so not for kids. The Liza Minelli episode features muppets dying and being shot, and the Alice Cooper episode features scary numbers, and a frightening soul selling plot. Though besides those handful of episodes there is nothing besides comic violence and occasional drinking and smoking parts. Overal this is one of the greatest shows there is that is really entertaining for all ages, and not just for one certain group of people, though only the first three seasons of the show have been released on DVD, you should get them on DVD though if you want the show in best form, skip the first season, and watch the other ones, just a great show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 May 14, 2013

Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2011

!!!

BEST SHOW EVER!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 27, 2011

The Most Sensational Inspirational Celbration Muppetational Show Ever!

The Muppets often show that even the weirdest problems can be solved easily. The biggest treat is mild cartoon violence, but nothing fans of some Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry haven't seen.
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2011

Great show!

Finally a show for kids of all ages which is funny and classic!
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010

Violent, but funny!

I LOVE Muppets, I even liked in was 2-years old. When I was 4 I saw a VERY scary episode with Alice Cooper in it. He popped out of a coffin with his face painted like a zombie singing "Welcome to My Nightmare". That had scared me into not liking it for 4-years. I also wouldn't even mention Alice Cooper's name until the 2nd Grade. Then, when I was in the 3rd grade, I watched the episode and liked it. That's right the whole thing. Here is what parents should look for about the Alice Cooper one : The opening sketch is him singing "Welcome To My Nightmare" in a haunted house, the next sketch is stalagmites (spheleothems) saying that their teeth hurt, the next one isn't scary at all it is just Robin The Frog singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", then it is Muppet monsters (Frackles) singing a spooky song called "Once A Year Day", next, it is Alice and a creepy Muppet named Beakie Bird singing a song called "You and Me", and the last one is Alice Cooper and a ton of giant Muppet monsters dancing to his hit song "School's Out". There is also some bad role models, like one episode that involves prairie dogs stealing from Kermit and Miss Piggy, another one that involves a pirate crew almost blowing up the Muppet theatre, and yet another one that shows a three-legged creature hitting a wall and screaming, :). Also, in the episode with Mac Davis he sings a song that says "When your being a h*** of a man!".