All member reviews for The Muppet Show

Teen, 14 years old Written by1visualFXguy May 23, 2013

Awesome Show But Had One Scary Episode.

I loved Muppets when I was a kid. My favorite characters were Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, and the Swedish Chef. I also liked the performances by. Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem. I have seen every episode and remember most skits. The episode with Alice Cooper scared me into not liking Muppets for a while. When I finally got back into them I liked them better. Violence : Explosions, slapstick comedy, some scariness. Language : The word 'hell' has been used in several songs. Sexual Content : None. Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking : Characters sometimes smoke, but remember this was the '70s. Scariness : Like I mentioned earlier, you should wait until your kids are at least 8 or 9 to watch the Alice Cooper one. Also some monsters and ghosts on the shows can scare little kids. Unchristian Things : They performed "The Devil Went to Georgia", which isn't that big of a deal and Alice Cooper asked Kermit to sell his soul to him. Overall, it's a good show for 5+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSKY42 April 10, 2012

TOMATOES

The audience throws tomatoes (GASP)
Teen, 13 years old Written bybratser August 4, 2014

Awesome Prime-Time Show! STOP MISS RATING COMMONSENSE!!

Seriously commonsense.com? You've got the muppet show rated for preschoolers? I'd like to have a word with the crazy nut job who made this review. Educational Values? Seriously? There are NONE! Really, the only violence is people throwing tomatoes? What the **** are you people talking about? This is a prime-time variety show meant for the whole family to watch, BUT this was a prime-time show meant for adults! Seriously so you've got 4-year old staying up until 8:00pm? This is not Sesame Street, this is an ADULT SHOW!! There's like an explosion in every ****ing episode. Guns are used FREQUENTLY!! In one episode Statler and Waldorf shot each other with guns to make each other dance! There is a lot of wine and beer, and you're telling us that the only thing to look out for is people throwing tomatoes? THERE IS NO EPISODE WHERE SOMEONE THREW ONE!! Really guys, there's an episode where the main plot of the show is that the characters are being seduced to sell their soles to the devil? Ya, this isn't no Sesame Street. I'm sorry to anyone who read this tedious and uneducated review of the muppet show on commonsense media, because you were crazily mis-leaded! At least 6+, come on! There are explosions frequently, guns are used frequently, someone's sole is almost sold to the devil, and people drink a lot, not to mention one episode has Raquel Welch. As for the show, it's wonderful! Let the whole family watch it. I'm disappointed in your pathetic review of the muppet show, commensense, I really am.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 May 14, 2013

TOMATOES

the audience throws tomatoes
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2013

Great Show,But Be Warned

First Of All,Let Me Say that The Muppets Are Funny,Great,And Talented. But,When My Dad And I Were Watching It(Season One Of The Muppet show) There Was Something Not Appropriate.Well,At Least That's What My Dad Thought. When The Part Came Up,He Asked me''Is This Appropriate''? But We Kept Watching.And In Another Weird Sketch,Kermit Was Singing About Some Tattooed Pig(Not Ms.Piggy Though!) But Even Though The Muppets Are Funny,Great,And Talented,There is Some Weird/Inappropriate Sketchs.
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2012

love it

i thank it was awsome
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2011

!!!

BEST SHOW EVER!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 27, 2011

The Most Sensational Inspirational Celbration Muppetational Show Ever!

The Muppets often show that even the weirdest problems can be solved easily. The biggest treat is mild cartoon violence, but nothing fans of some Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry haven't seen.
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2011

Great show!

Finally a show for kids of all ages which is funny and classic!
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010

Violent, but funny!

I LOVE Muppets, I even liked in was 2-years old. When I was 4 I saw a VERY scary episode with Alice Cooper in it. He popped out of a coffin with his face painted like a zombie singing "Welcome to My Nightmare". That had scared me into not liking it for 4-years. I also wouldn't even mention Alice Cooper's name until the 2nd Grade. Then, when I was in the 3rd grade, I watched the episode and liked it. That's right the whole thing. Here is what parents should look for about the Alice Cooper one : The opening sketch is him singing "Welcome To My Nightmare" in a haunted house, the next sketch is stalagmites (spheleothems) saying that their teeth hurt, the next one isn't scary at all it is just Robin The Frog singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", then it is Muppet monsters (Frackles) singing a spooky song called "Once A Year Day", next, it is Alice and a creepy Muppet named Beakie Bird singing a song called "You and Me", and the last one is Alice Cooper and a ton of giant Muppet monsters dancing to his hit song "School's Out". There is also some bad role models, like one episode that involves prairie dogs stealing from Kermit and Miss Piggy, another one that involves a pirate crew almost blowing up the Muppet theatre, and yet another one that shows a three-legged creature hitting a wall and screaming, :). Also, in the episode with Mac Davis he sings a song that says "When your being a h*** of a man!".