All member reviews for The Oblongs

Mature, in-toxic-atingly hilarious cartoon.

Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written byALunarLight April 28, 2011

Down in the valley where the chemical spill

Came from the people living up on the hill. It a division of the low class and the upper-class. a rift that just keeps getting bigger. if only one of the people up on the hill actual cared they could fix all the problems in the valley. It a them that also stands true in real life, to the wealthy don't seem to care about the poor. The exaggeration of these gaps is what makes the show comical going on even to the characters physical forms. It also up lifting that the characters some how seem to come off as a normal family "in there happy glowing home."
Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime March 26, 2011

Weird show but was cool anyway.

I remember watching this show when I was 6th grade and the characters looks were kinda creepy but I thought this show was okay though. I think you should be 12 and up to watch this show but just look out for some of the sex scenes. The language isn't really bad also.
Kid, 8 years old March 2, 2015

I have watched this yesterday.

You, This show is not on Adult Swim. Cartoon Network gave me extra 30 minutes.
Teen, 13 years old Written by1165abcd April 8, 2013

Fair not so funny tv show

It's a nice show but lil children should not watch this there's some bad words smoking and sex
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

It was an OK show.

his show was very funny! But it was also very disgusting! It would be awesome if it wasn't so nasty!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu December 10, 2012

Really weird show

I am just gonna start off by saying this show is strange, I mean it does not have any culture of jokes, the dad is a bouncing weeble, the daughter is a doll, the boy is some one eyed kid with one hair string, the mother is long haired,(like Marge, but only weirder,) and do not even get me started on the two boys stuck together, overall, STRANGE STUFF!
Teen, 17 years old Written byhamstergurl09 January 8, 2012

The Most Underrated Cartoon In History

Okay, so first off, the premise of the show is quite creative. The show is about a deformed family living in a town called HillValley. HillValley is separated into two sections: The Hills and The Valley; the Hill people are rich and pollute the Valley with toxic waste, while the Valley people are poor and everybody has complete disregard for their safety. The Oblongs, of course, live in the Valley, hence their poverty and deformities. Kind of a funny satire on social classes. What's cool about it is even though they're practically the definition of a dysfunctional family, they seem actually pretty content with their lives; except for son/protagonist Milo, who wishes he could live in the Hills. Each of the characters is funny in their own unique way. Speaking of being funny, this is one of the funniest cartoons I've ever seen. It's extremely witty and clever. The humor is dark, and the characters look somewhat creepy, which some people may not like. There were only 13 episodes made of this show, but I have no idea why, because this is one of the best cartoons ever. I believe that this and "Pelswick" are the two most underrated cartoons ever. I urge every mature person to check this show out. I'd also like to mention that CSM said a character had a "phallus-shaped growth on her head" but it is not mentioned even once in the show that her growth resembles a phallus, so I wouldn't have put that under the "sex" section of this review.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl October 31, 2010