Sex, drugs, and designer labels rule.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Why would you waste your time?

Teen, 17 years old Written bysed0824 April 9, 2008

GREAT SHOW!!

I LOVE this show! After watching the first episode, I was hooked! This is the best show for teens on TV. I wait for every Wednesday to come so I can watch it. I love the actors they chose for the parts, Adam Brody (Seth) is my favorite!
Adult Written bysra_timberlake07 April 9, 2008

This show rocks my socks!!

OMG!!! I love The O.C. It is funny. Most people will say that it isn't realistic, but most, if not all, of the problems that exist on The O.C. exist in high school. Maybe not all to the same people, but they are there. The O.C. shows both positive and negative ways to deal with those problems, which is wonderful for people who are not sure of what to do.
Adult Written bysteeno32 April 9, 2008

ON TOO EARLY!

I live in Orange County, California, and this program just gives it a bad name. There isn't a whole load of drunk kids lying on the sidewalks and criminals living in our houses. It's on way too early! My 3 year old brother came up to me one day and asked me what a very rude term meant, and I asked him where he heard that and he pointed at the T.V! This says enough about the program!
Teen, 17 years old Written byblondiegurlie April 9, 2008

I love this show!!

I love this show. Everyone at my school loves it. I think FOX did really good on this show! Mishca (marissa) is so pretty! This is the best show on right know! I like this show, because it keeps you on the end of your seat. It is really great!
Adult Written bymeredith622 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byOnedirectionlover270 July 8, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 October 28, 2011

Read

Change Rated TV-14: Physical Violence, Brief Nudity, Swearing, and Drugs
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoop° December 15, 2010

OC IS FANTASTIC=> WATHING IT SINCE I WAS 10

nothing to say really: I LOVE THIS SERIE; and this already since I was eight. there may be a little to much drinking, sex or violence. and marissa isn't the great role model. But they get through everything. There are some bad scenes, but that just makes it even more interesting :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byontario_96 December 13, 2010

Perfect for teens, not for kids.

Well I love this show. It is a great show fr me to watch with my older siblings however, anybody under 14 should not watch this show. 13 is iffy if you are mature. This show deals with alot of sexuality which is not appropriate for young children. This show is directed at a teen audience and it have the TV-14 rating for a reason.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycristianorenald... July 11, 2010
sandys a great role model and great show.bad rolemodles luke,trey, kaitlyn, oliver.ok they have sex a few times it doesnt show jack.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2009

THE BEST

This show is my fave show, it has ALOT of kissing ans sexually behavior, they are in college so.... ya I LOVED IT
Teen, 16 years old Written bysunnysmilesx3 June 9, 2009

Greatest show ever!

Every episode is filled with drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Even though it does exhibit alot of sex, alcohol, drugs, and violence, it's a wonderful show with a great plot and superb acting. I do think that the watcher should be old enough to understand that all the drugs, sex (etc.) portrayed in the show is not something they should do too.
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2008

Best. Show. Ever.

So this is like the best show ever. I got hooked from the very first episode. I mean yes it has sex, drugs ,etc. But I've had that talk. I know not to do it and I know that it's not okay! Parents, calm down. You can trust us!

Dramatically Incredible

So much drama, it was a little too much to take! But I really hate that Marissa left, because come on! It was like, yeah she's gonna end up with Ryan until she just dies... I really don't "like" any of the characters because their bad qualities/characteristics sticks out so much it overrules the good qualities of every character. Like example; Marissa Cooper is sooo pretty and she's really one of those nice rich girls. But then again, she's really bitchy at the nearing end of her life and she sniffs coke with her demon of a boyfriend, Volchok. I'd probably like Seth (who I prefer to call Cohen) cuz he's the least problematic person of the series, except I hate it when he starts to take marijuana just cuz his girlfriend is beating him at his own intelligence game.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Great Stuff

First can I say that like the other reviewers I was dragged kicking and screaming to watch The O.C. by my girlfriend. Secondly can I say that I feel that the review is unfair toward the show. Yes there are elements of sex, violence and drug use however, they always show that, certainly in the case of the drugs and violence, they are not always the way to solve problems. There is an element of sexuality to the show but you find me a teenager unaffected by sex or the thought of sex, in one way or another. However I believe that the show should have been rated TV-14 rather than TV-PG, due to the sexual content of the show. The characters are all likeable and after a few shows the depth of the characters becomes apparent. The show is well presented with very good camera work and the use of various music serves to exentuate the images. The show does get you hooked very quickly. Finally we should allow teenagers to watch shows like this and not treat them as though they are toddlers, most teens will do what they want anyway, and perhaps seeing this show will give them food for thought when dealing with problems in their own lives.
Adult Written byJoshF April 9, 2008

Great show

Like most guys, I was rather dubious of this show when Fox started promoting it. Then I watched a few episodes. Now I am hooked. You couldn't have gotten me to watch 90210 or Melrose Place without heavy sedation and lots of good, strong rope. So the suggested connection to the two stops at the setting. This is a wonderfully written show and all of the characters have real depth. Even the ones who don't seem to at first, you do get to see thier humanity at times, but then it gets reeled back in, much like everybody in real life. he drug use is rare, but there is planty of sex and violence, who else is shocked that a show about teens has sex and violence, it's not like real teens ever deal with sex or violence is it?
Adult Written byTheShaman April 9, 2008

the Next 90210? NOT

Well first off i want to say that i was dragged kicking and screaming to watch this show with my wife (We try to watch programming together) anyway I figured I will give it a shot (at least the cast is cute) The same thing happened when my wife wanted me to watch 90210. I could only stomach about 2 episodes of 90210, while theOC has me hooked. Not only is it well written, but it has depth & tons of character. Seth (the witty Nerd) is Great. Sandy the Surfer Lawyer Dad is equally funny & interesting. The women on the show are not just pretty objects talking valley (with the exception of Summer). All in all FOX hit the nail on the head with this show. Witty, Fun, Hits some hard issues with out being over bearing. I would recommend watching this show with your Teen to talk about the Drinking/Drug Use. (ie Oliver getting busted for buying Coke.) and the other issues that a modern teen has to deal with. All in all a good Show. tune in every wed.
Adult Written bybnjrno April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byleeba4 April 9, 2008

This show is hott!

this show is my favorite show ever!!...me and my 18 yr old sis wait for every thursday and we watch it together. i dont think it is a bad beyond bad show. i am just not allowed to whatch the 14warning on some of the shows (i am twelve turning thirteen in a week). My parents arent overprotective, the only thing they really dont like is when i whatch something that is inapropriate so if my parents let me...your parents should.