All member reviews for The Office

Workplace spoof is hilarious but filled with mature humor.

Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 6, 2011

Love it!

This show is so funny! It's one of the only teen and adult shows that don't make fun of Christ. (Family guy, The Simpsons, South park) Because I was raised a Christan, and thats not acceptable.
Adult Written byCecilia April 9, 2008

Can you say, Tivo?

The show is hilarious, but not every episode is appropriate for kids. Definitely watch it before you let your kids watch it, especially if they're under 13 or you want to prepare them for what's in the episode. You can't rewind life once they've seen or heard something. You have to be responsible and do your homework ahead of time. You'll laugh while you're doing it! :) Some of the sexual content is way too inappropriate for my liking. There has been a show or two that I did not feel was "okay" and I just didn’t let them see it. I’m always by their side or in the room watching it with them the first run through so I can comment on what is funny, but not so smart to do in real life. You might think my kids hate my being in the room with them, but to the contrary, we're so close and they like being able to express their take on a scenario on the show. I don't push my beliefs or commentaries down their throats, but it's a great opportunity to open dialog without it being forced or out of context. Life's gonna happen and they're going to see things I can't control, but in my home at least I do have that option. Tivo!
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2011

Great, NOT for kids

It is such a funny show:) I love it, but sometimes it does'nt make much sense. Not for kids....at all!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byblonde_reb June 23, 2011

Great Show

The Office is probably one of the cleanest shows on primetime television out there. As a Christian I usually don't watch anything off color, and the Office wasn't bad. To start "good role models"- Jim and Pam (main characters) are a pretty good role model. Although, she did have a baby out of wedlock and he might not try as hard as he could, they are the most normal and sensible of the show. Sexuality- All talk. There has never been a sex scene in the history of the show other than hinted at. And that right there is a big deal or tv. Language- So far I don't see that much curse words as I do offensive jokes about race and background. Product Placement- The show is set in a "normal office" so obviously it's going to use product placement. Everything in the show is something you would find in everyday life (which make sense because it's a documentary) and who really cares about product placement? Drinking/Drugs- This might be the worst. They have frequent parties and usually have alcohol. One of the members is an alcoholic. Also, another character was on drugs, and there is a whole episode focused on a joint found in the parking lot. Overall, this is a great show (my favorite) and I think it's hilarious. While I rated with a 13, I did so because they might not understand the subtle humor of the show becuase it does not use a laughtrack. We will miss you Michael Scott! TV legend!
Kid, 10 years old May 17, 2011

good for teens

I like the show but manly for teens.

halarious!!!!

This is my favorite show in TV to date! I love it!!! there is some inappropriate stuff in it. Micheal, the main character, is socially inept, and makes sex jokes a lot! like "that's what she said". one character gets drunk every 5 episodes or so, and there are several racial jokes about Stanly-who's black. But all in all, this show is on top! That's what she said.
Teen, 13 years old Written bychaitanyaamalik September 27, 2011

child approved

Parent of a 17 year old Written byNever Mind January 5, 2011

Classic Characters

This is one of those times where the plot is character driven. The characters were so well designed, keeping the viewer eager for more! With each of them having their own personality, they have all the basics, skills, and potential to have a great show. Thumbs up for The Office!
Teen, 13 years old Written by Alice June 26, 2011

One of the Funniest Shows on Tv (Right now, anyway)

The Office is a 30 minute sitcom about the Scranton, Pennsylvania branch of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. It is extremely funny, and it lives up to the hype.
Adult Written byKayleeSelf March 28, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl November 2, 2010

What are you talking about? This show is great!
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2009

an iffy show

this may be the best show on TV, but no body under 12, or, for some, 11. i was 11 when i saw it, but thats just me.
Adult Written byrawrrocker July 5, 2010

Children below 14-15 may not be able to distinguish humour from reality.

Clever, witty, insightful show. However, nearly all of the characters have serious flaws either socially, intellectually, or emotionally and thus are not very good role models. The main character in particular says and does very offensive things nearly every show. Children 14 and above may be able to understand that much of the show is not to be taken seriously but below that, because of the dry sense of humour, children may take much of the show's sarcastic remarks literally.
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2011

one of my fav shows

I LOVE THE OFFICE
Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover April 24, 2011

Great show, my not for children under the age of twelve.

This show is very funny.
Adult Written byrationalmind December 8, 2011

Hilarious but not for small children

I know I shouldn't let my preteen boys watch this show. and in general I am more strict than most parents I know, but this show is so funny and I know that they hear and see worse at school and friends houses. So we laugh so hard and actually have quite a few conversations about the things that happen in the show. I would not recommend to any children, but it is so funny to watch all of the what not to do situations.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan January 2, 2012

HAHAHAHAHA!

This is a very good show! Sexual Content isn't terrible, but not kid friendly, But this is a very, very, very good show. Off 2-10, iffy 11, on 12+!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuna Evergreen June 20, 2011

Great show!!

I love this show sooooo much! It is funny and completely entertaining! Me and my parents watch this every week! And when people say sexual stuff it is quick! I would recommend this too anyone! 
Teen, 17 years old Written byJesusLuvsYew May 14, 2011

Hilarious!

This show is super funny! I watch this whenever it's on while I'm home! Unless I'm doing my homework of course.
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2011