All member reviews for The Penguins of Madagascar

Scene-stealing schemers get their own gig; fun for kids.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

It rocks!

The Penguins of Madagascar is one of my all time favorite nicktoons ever! It has some pretty cool characters,and a great storyline! I hope it lasts a long time! Hopefully it will stay for good! Yep,Nick would be stupid for cancelling this and wasting their money on Robot & Monster! Good thing POM is staying!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymikenlei March 8, 2011

Fine for older elementary, but not really the little guys.

My kids love it. I do find my 6 year old trying to repeat some of their kung-fu style moves but that's about it. On the up side, my boys like to replicate the 'spy' moves and go around the house hiding around the corners from each other. It has certainly stimulated their imaginations in creating all kinds of make believe situations. No language or 'sexy' stuff for the little kids. The only warning I provide is if your household is sensitive to some of the cartoon violence. It is nothing like the old Tom and Jerry cartoons, though.
Kid, 12 years old September 27, 2010

Best show ever!

This is a really good show! This is actually(in my opinion) the show that makes Nick so awesome. The other shows just aren’t as good as they used to be like Spongebob and iCarly. Spongebob's jokes just aren’t funny and iCarly is just too weird to watch and is too girly(even though I am a girl). The Penguins of Madagascar is the funniest show on TV, it will leave you laughing with tears rolling down your cheeks. The show has helped me expand my vocabulary extremely and the lessons they give are helpful. The only good role model in the show is Private, everyone else are kind of neutral. The whole family will love this show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexes7892 August 20, 2013

Really?

This show is not one of Nick's finer shows. It does have some-sort of an educational value but the characters are super annoying and some of them seem like really bad role models. Kowalski brings the educational value and I'd give it a plus. It challenges kids and let those find some-sort of fascination and/or appriciation or science and just education in general. Skipper teaches the kids that it is ok to hit when things don't go your way. I get that he is the military leader (or more of spy in my opinion) but he taught that it was also ok to boss everyone around and it's ok to be loud and paranoid. Rico is a bit violent and scary. He teaches that it is ok to have dynamite and other explosions at hands. I can't really say Private is a bad role model but I do find him most annoying out of all the characters in the show. I also see that he does sorta act spoiled in some of the episodes. He's not really neccesary if he's in the military and he still watches their version of My Little Pony. No, just no. King Julien is really similar to Skipper but he adds the fact that it's ok to party all night long and not give two cents about anything else. Atleast he doesn't drink. Mort has some kind of annoying foot fetish and it may get to the kids' heads that touching feet is funny and adorable when in reality, it's disturbing and annoying. Are we also really pairing them up together as if they like each other? C'MON PEOPLE! It's a kids show (horrible for one but still) for crying out loud. Also, Marlene is just friends with Skipper and I'm not just saying that because I am an anti-skilene (bullcrap) person but I find it annoying that just because they were too stupid to watch where they were going and fall into this sewer together, doesn't make them love each other. As for Maurice, he's the only character you don't have to worry about being a negative influence. I guess that is another plus. Bad show, crappy characters, stay away from pairings.
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 22, 2012

THEY DESERVE A SHOW!

I am a Madagascar fan, and when I saw the commercial for this show, I couldn't wait to see it! It may not be like the Madagascar movies, but I do think it is entertaining! If you like Mission: Impossible, you would probably like this show!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

Really cute!

I love the Madagascar movie franchise.This is even better yet! The animation is colorful and the penguins are pretty cute.My favorite character is King Julien! He is SO funny!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 18, 2010

Better than the Madagascar movies, the penguins rule!!

The best show ever! This show is always for kids for all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byreviewgirl13 May 22, 2010

Pretty good show for kids

This show is pretty much harmless and it's one of those few cartoon shows that actually has good role models and messages. The penguins are always relying on each other, they work as a team to solve problems, and sometimes they teach the "bad guys" in the show a lesson. King Julian is a little arrogant and conceited with himself, but not over the top. The main focus is on the penguins and how they work together to overcome challenges, no matter how hard they seem.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 29, 2010

Maybe My Favorite Show!

There are only four kid/family TV shows still airing that I actually watch: Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Oddparents (TRIXIE STINKS!!!), Hannah Montana (JAKE RYAN STINKS!!!) and Penguins of Madagascar. Commonly referred to in our house as "Penguins" for short. This is a great show for the family, though Private is the only one you want your kids copying. He's the goody-two-shoes short penguin. I could go on for hours about how great I think this show is, but this website isn't for saying how good something is but how clean, etc. it is. If you think the word "butt" is funny, this show is for you. If you cannot handle the word "booty," this show is not for you. If you can only tolerate the word "fanny," most likely, this show is not for you. If you couldn't even get through this review because you can't stand any of those words I mentioned, steer clear at this show at all costs. Of course, since you didn't even finish the review, I guess you wouldn't have heard my advice. Hmm. Well, I guess you'd know anyway, person-who-isn't-even-reading-this. If you don't like your kids hearing those words, that's what this website is for. And this review. If you're like me, rush to your TV, it may be showing right now and you don't wanna miss it. If it is, I don't wanna miss it either. Later!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bydgjd March 22, 2010

My five year old loves it, I am on the fence

A milder version of Looney-Tune type cartoons.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJamie and James March 15, 2010

Giggle, wiggle

All I can say in this action-packed comedy, all my daughter Jamie can do is laugh. Can't say much more, it is pretty funny. She once also commented on the"purty stuff they see and do"-I did not say that. Giggle, giggle.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2010

Great for ages 4-13.

The Penguins of Madagascar is an amazing sequel to them movies. Fans of the movies will love this show. The penguins exhibit good teamwork in their missions. Although it wasn't intended, young children could learn new words such as "technically" or "concoction" from Kowalski. There is a bit of violence, such as slapping, being crushed by rocks, falling from great heights, and bombs exploding, but it's all for fun. The animals are never seriously hurt in any way. The only times the show uses "language" is with words such as "booty" or "idiot." Most families approve of usuing these words. The show is also hilarious. Kids and adults alike get a kick out of watching it. If your child is below 7, parents should watch it with them to make sure they pick up no bad influences. Otherwise, the show is completely appropriate and great for all children!
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2009

good kids show

Parents need to know that this cartoon is different from others and is harmless fun
Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2009

one of the best show ever made

a great cartoon
Teen, 16 years old Written bybob00 February 25, 2009

wwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-people i have never seen this before but my sister says she llllllllllloooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeessssssssss it!even know she is 10 she still loves it. thanks! :)
Parent Written byronnellel November 27, 2014

imho

Make great popcorn at home and rent a great movie and watch that movie you rented. IMHO, this hyped up movie was a waste of my money and I am not happy. My grandkids wanted to go, of course. Poor kids never saw any story line with any inconsistencies. But this is just my opinion
Teen, 13 years old Written byDsim64 May 16, 2014

Awesome.

As this show is the first Dreamworks-based Nicktoon, it is of interest. For example, the show is well-written(besides pacing; (the creators of Kim Possible did this) and ridiculously quotable. Although it's a little explosive at times, it's mostly appropriate. With it's good episode ideas, great characters and EPIC one-liners, this show is a winner.
Kid, 9 years old April 27, 2014

Amazing!

Great show!!!!!! It's one of my favorites
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

languge and sex menton

epsode Siege the Day quote "in the jungls sene hes the fu*bleep* machiene"
Kid, 7 years old August 4, 2013

Lawl

At one episode king julien says pin-what-a my mom laughed very hard