All member reviews for The Penguins of Madagascar

Scene-stealing schemers get their own gig; fun for kids.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymikenlei March 8, 2011

Fine for older elementary, but not really the little guys.

My kids love it. I do find my 6 year old trying to repeat some of their kung-fu style moves but that's about it. On the up side, my boys like to replicate the 'spy' moves and go around the house hiding around the corners from each other. It has certainly stimulated their imaginations in creating all kinds of make believe situations. No language or 'sexy' stuff for the little kids. The only warning I provide is if your household is sensitive to some of the cartoon violence. It is nothing like the old Tom and Jerry cartoons, though.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bydgjd March 22, 2010

My five year old loves it, I am on the fence

A milder version of Looney-Tune type cartoons.
Parent Written byronnellel November 27, 2014

imho

Make great popcorn at home and rent a great movie and watch that movie you rented. IMHO, this hyped up movie was a waste of my money and I am not happy. My grandkids wanted to go, of course. Poor kids never saw any story line with any inconsistencies. But this is just my opinion
Teen, 13 years old Written byDsim64 May 16, 2014

Awesome.

As this show is the first Dreamworks-based Nicktoon, it is of interest. For example, the show is well-written(besides pacing; (the creators of Kim Possible did this) and ridiculously quotable. Although it's a little explosive at times, it's mostly appropriate. With it's good episode ideas, great characters and EPIC one-liners, this show is a winner.
Kid, 9 years old April 27, 2014

Amazing!

Great show!!!!!! It's one of my favorites
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexes7892 August 20, 2013

Really?

This show is not one of Nick's finer shows. It does have some-sort of an educational value but the characters are super annoying and some of them seem like really bad role models. Kowalski brings the educational value and I'd give it a plus. It challenges kids and let those find some-sort of fascination and/or appriciation or science and just education in general. Skipper teaches the kids that it is ok to hit when things don't go your way. I get that he is the military leader (or more of spy in my opinion) but he taught that it was also ok to boss everyone around and it's ok to be loud and paranoid. Rico is a bit violent and scary. He teaches that it is ok to have dynamite and other explosions at hands. I can't really say Private is a bad role model but I do find him most annoying out of all the characters in the show. I also see that he does sorta act spoiled in some of the episodes. He's not really neccesary if he's in the military and he still watches their version of My Little Pony. No, just no. King Julien is really similar to Skipper but he adds the fact that it's ok to party all night long and not give two cents about anything else. Atleast he doesn't drink. Mort has some kind of annoying foot fetish and it may get to the kids' heads that touching feet is funny and adorable when in reality, it's disturbing and annoying. Are we also really pairing them up together as if they like each other? C'MON PEOPLE! It's a kids show (horrible for one but still) for crying out loud. Also, Marlene is just friends with Skipper and I'm not just saying that because I am an anti-skilene (bullcrap) person but I find it annoying that just because they were too stupid to watch where they were going and fall into this sewer together, doesn't make them love each other. As for Maurice, he's the only character you don't have to worry about being a negative influence. I guess that is another plus. Bad show, crappy characters, stay away from pairings.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

languge and sex menton

epsode Siege the Day quote "in the jungls sene hes the fu*bleep* machiene"
Kid, 7 years old August 4, 2013

Lawl

At one episode king julien says pin-what-a my mom laughed very hard
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

Reedems from the other crappy Dreamworks spin-offs

As much as I hate Nick's dreamworks spin-offs, I liked this. It was fun, funny, creative and clever and the storylines kept me watching it. I other words, I highly recommend it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAddictedtoComputers July 14, 2013

It's OK.

In my opinion, POM is just OK. The characters and jokes are funny, but sometimes it's pretty boring.
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

don't like it at all

Parent of a 8, 10, and 14 year old Written byIamASafeOne April 6, 2013

Good

I think this show isn't bad, It's a spin-off of Madagascar, the movie, which is as appropriate as this. This is a better and funny spy show, This has cartoon violence (like almost every nick cartoon) Love (with a doll) and "booty" references (King Julien) I think it's kind of real life, but it's mainly entertaining, and eye-catching. I like how Private is safe and careful, but everyone else makes fun of him, but at the end, they end up liking him for who he is. That's a good lesson. There's rarely any manners, but it's full of cartoon action and has a good spy theme song. It's a good time-passer and fun to watch, no sexual innuedo, no cursing, but my 10 year old did point out Private was named for his d--- (I am not sure though) Just one problem. Rico. He seems to have ate every single attack and spy gadget in the world, because whenever the other penguins ask him for gadgets, he throws them up. The penguins don't even say thank you. There's slapstick and making fun of (for the humor) Kids will enjoy it, it's funny.
Kid, 9 years old February 11, 2013

it's good

i'm eight and all this is a show for teens my brother watches it too he's 14 years old
Parent of a 7 year old Written bythe names Bond December 15, 2012

Funny yet strange show

This is a great secret agent show for kids to watch, my son and I like to sit down and watch this on Saturday mornings. It does kind of move a little fast and does kind of act strangely, but is still funny, check it out.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysamurai 434 November 27, 2012

gay penguins

privet should get a life and Kawasaki is a pathetic brain yack
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 25, 2012

This is really boring

I liked the madagascar movies and I saw those penguins in them, I hated them and hoped they would not make a show of them, but now look at what they have done. This is absurd and not even funny, the episodes are boring and after every mission they slap high-five each other, GIVE IT A REST, AREN'T YOUR HANDS HURTING!!!???
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad November 13, 2012

Funny, with language as an issue

While the violence in this series is a laughing matter rather than an issue, language is an issue in my opinion. there's a little bit of substitute-swearing like "Oh, crudbiscuits" and too much other crude language like "shut up" and "lame". one main character mentions his "booty"(AKA his butt) and does things like stick his butt in private's face.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

It rocks!

The Penguins of Madagascar is one of my all time favorite nicktoons ever! It has some pretty cool characters,and a great storyline! I hope it lasts a long time! Hopefully it will stay for good! Yep,Nick would be stupid for cancelling this and wasting their money on Robot & Monster! Good thing POM is staying!
Teen, 16 years old Written by_Emilie_ October 12, 2012

For all ages...

As I've been watching the Penguins of Madagascar over the years and growing up as well, this show never fails to entertain me. Like many people have been saying, it's great for the family to watch. If the wonderful animation isn't enough for you (not to mention, the characters are adorable) don't worry, because the story line usually ends with great lessons to be learned. Even though some important lessons may seemed crammed into the last few minutes, it'll leave the watcher with that last thought. There are even lessons to be learned in all through the show! The humour is hilarious. Slapstick humour, funny and colourful animation, one-liners, some toilet humour (Rico burping or Kowalski farting), and the plot can sometimes be suprising (In a good way, like: "I didn't see that one coming! HAHA! That's so funny!" I enjoy watching this show because it cheers me up and makes me laugh. The characters act funny and there is some violence, but of course, it's all for laughs. Loony tunes type of violence.
Kid, 10 years old September 18, 2012

I Like Madagascar Better

I like this show it's funny and spyish and action-packed . I just find a little irritating,and I liked the movies better.