All member reviews for The Penguins of Madagascar

Educator and Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMrs. W April 1, 2010

Deliciously silly

We watch this show as a family and howl together at lines like, "I've got my freak on for recon" and "Intel is sketchy." It's a silly parody of the spy genre and a continuing and lovely tale of friendship. Enjoy with your kids!
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2010

Great for most ages

this is a funny family series.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymikenlei March 8, 2011

Fine for older elementary, but not really the little guys.

My kids love it. I do find my 6 year old trying to repeat some of their kung-fu style moves but that's about it. On the up side, my boys like to replicate the 'spy' moves and go around the house hiding around the corners from each other. It has certainly stimulated their imaginations in creating all kinds of make believe situations. No language or 'sexy' stuff for the little kids. The only warning I provide is if your household is sensitive to some of the cartoon violence. It is nothing like the old Tom and Jerry cartoons, though.
Parent Written byGrandpa Jim February 12, 2010

Mission impossible show for kids.

My grandson has seen the movies and really likes this show. In order to have a story something must go wrong. That's usually caused by the lemur "king" Julien. And then the Penguins under the leadership of the Skipper work as a team to resolve the problem through trial and error. There is a lot of slap stick humor that five year olds seem to love.
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2009

blah

blah. not for me
Kid, 12 years old September 27, 2010

Best show ever!

This is a really good show! This is actually(in my opinion) the show that makes Nick so awesome. The other shows just aren’t as good as they used to be like Spongebob and iCarly. Spongebob's jokes just aren’t funny and iCarly is just too weird to watch and is too girly(even though I am a girl). The Penguins of Madagascar is the funniest show on TV, it will leave you laughing with tears rolling down your cheeks. The show has helped me expand my vocabulary extremely and the lessons they give are helpful. The only good role model in the show is Private, everyone else are kind of neutral. The whole family will love this show!
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2009

Takes the tween side of Nick out

Nickelodeon was channel for Tweens. Nick Jr. Is for five year olds. I really wish there was a petition to take it off. Or at least move it to Disney where it's meant for five year olds I got a little sad watching this, I really miss shows like Rocco's Modern life and Invader Zim. They may have some of the old shows on Nicktoons but I want people who aren't able to afford Satellite and only have Cable. Please Nick, take it off television.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKirbyKon November 3, 2011

Positive messgaes, role models, violence,product placement,-Penguins of Madagascar

This is really a TV show that stood out to me since there was great use of teamwork and communication. If only that lemur-like character was in this show. He constantly teaches selfishness, 'late-night parties', and being annoying. The show overall advertises the Madagascar line of products. The bad thing about the penguins is that they always approve violence and some of them are completely different; one is overly intelligent, one was is extremely violent and 'coughs off bombs', one was is babyish and likes 'ponies and rainbows', and one is the leader. It gives different perspectives. All of the positive messages are literally crammed into the last seconds of the episode program.
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2009

good for kids,but not too young

it alright for anybody over 5,but if you under 5,just make sure that you watch it with them,(the show has good role models and positive messages).
Teen, 13 years old Written bySBFBCCPOM September 6, 2010

Terrific!!

I absolutly adore this show! I've seen the Madagascar movies and am so happy that the penguins have their own series. The plots are terrific, the jokes are hilarious, it's all around perfect! There's nothing else i can say!
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE June 6, 2010

This is coming from someone whose favourite animals are penguins. o_o

The movie Madagascar was fine, but this series is just... stupid, if you ask me. Whenever this is on I immediatedly turn the channel because it doesn't interest me at all-- it's not funny in the least, and it's just boring. Something I definitely would not have enjoyed as a kid, much less now.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguinFan November 19, 2009

Best show on Nick

One reason I love this show is that its humor is simply a refreshing break from all the stereotypical humor possessed by most other Nick shows. Yes, it's cute too.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2011

AWESOME!

I LOVE THIS SHOW! but sometimes the show can get violent
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2009

good kids show

Parents need to know that this cartoon is different from others and is harmless fun
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2009

this show is so funny but it has alot of humor that kids dont understand and older kids do my mom loves this show
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMilesFlyer September 28, 2009

Great for Parents and Kids!

Kids love it and the adult humor written in has us loving it too! Beats Barney any day!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bymomogirl December 6, 2009

GREAT SHOW!

I love this show! It is pretty good and I don't think that there are any problems with it. Kowalski also uses good vocabulary that can help kids enlarge their language...in a good way.
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2009

Excellent

I really do Love this show! I think it shows children that you can rely on friends even in the worst of times, teamwork examples are excellent, and teaches kids to do the best you can do.
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2009

funny show

this is a hilarious show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 September 11, 2011

Funny Madagascar Spinoff

This show was also produced by Nicoloden (I don't know how to spell it), so I didn't know how good the series was going to be. It's a nice show, it's not that good but it's better than I thought it would be. The penguins get into mischief, so the violence is just slapstick stuff. If you haven't seen Madagascar already, you probably should before you see this (that and because the movie is funny :D). Written on 9/11/11