All member reviews for The Penguins of Madagascar

Scene-stealing schemers get their own gig; fun for kids.

Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2011

...

not really a fan of those guys but if they become a BETTER show maybe...but no not working out.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarsong4 May 19, 2011

pooping king julian

y does king julian poop so much!?!??!!??!!??!?!?!?!?!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIceFlamer14 May 18, 2011

Love this show!

I love this show a lot, but If you were wondering, there is a penguin that constantly regergitates weapons, but no one ever gets shot, or hurt. You should let your kids watch this. Its not a bad show, the messages are mostly good, I recommend it for ages 7+.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011
In the lovey stuff, one episode, there is a robot that points, the little racoon or whatever, says "Who has the cutest booty" and the robot points to his. D: And in another one, a penguin swallows a bomb and then at the end he gags violently and swallows another animal But its a fun show to watch!
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2011
VERY FUNNY!!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymvolatile March 12, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written byibarncat January 15, 2011

Scene-stealing schemers get too much merchandise; fun for CGI lovers

First off, I am not a hater of this show. I actually think it has a lot of funny moments and is one of Nick's redeeming qualities. But I disagree with anyone who thinks this show is okay for preschoolers to watch. Although it is more minimal than other action cartoons, there is a certain amount of violence, both funny cartoon violence and serious mild fights. In my opinion, this show needs a TV-Y7-FV rating. And if it is true it has been rerated TV-G, I will probably freak out.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2011

ok iffy 7+

i like the show one episode the lead breaks arm and get mistaken for zombie witch would creep out young kids but 7+ is ok
Teen, 13 years old Written bySBFBCCPOM September 6, 2010

Terrific!!

I absolutly adore this show! I've seen the Madagascar movies and am so happy that the penguins have their own series. The plots are terrific, the jokes are hilarious, it's all around perfect! There's nothing else i can say!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypopcropper August 28, 2010

good show

Very cool. excellent with everyone. a few issues with violence but what can i say its amazing. it has my favorite genres; action/adventure,comedy, and mystery...ish. its very cool.
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2010

I LOVE THE PENGUINS!

I LOVE Penguins of Madagascar! In my house, it's commonly known as 'penguins' It's my favorite show on Nickolodeon! The one thing I DON'T like, is in the specials where Julien is the pure of heart and saves the world! I know it isn't intended to do so, but that show widened my vocabulary! the good role model is, Private, my favorite penguin! He's so cute! The positive message is one of the penguin credos: Never swim alone! This show is also hilarious! I looooved it when Kowalski said, "Sorry, went down the wrong esophagus,"
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2010

Cool show!

Cool show.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

A-OK!

TPOM is my FAVORITE Show on Nickelodeon! The only thing you should look out for is the violence...there is just a little bit of it, just for comedic relief (slapping, for instance) that will make kids laugh. The characters usually learn a lesson at the end and the plots work out fine. I recommend this show for kids ages 7+
Teen, 13 years old Written bySJ_Waddles June 15, 2010
This is a great show, even though they DO use "Sky Spirits" alot. And "The Universe" But all in all is a good show. It's a very good show for kids. Such as they use the term "never swim alone" which
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE June 6, 2010

This is coming from someone whose favourite animals are penguins. o_o

The movie Madagascar was fine, but this series is just... stupid, if you ask me. Whenever this is on I immediatedly turn the channel because it doesn't interest me at all-- it's not funny in the least, and it's just boring. Something I definitely would not have enjoyed as a kid, much less now.
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMrs. W April 1, 2010

Deliciously silly

We watch this show as a family and howl together at lines like, "I've got my freak on for recon" and "Intel is sketchy." It's a silly parody of the spy genre and a continuing and lovely tale of friendship. Enjoy with your kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 March 27, 2010

Perfect if youve seen Madagascar

I like this show, mostly because i love Madagascar. Its really funny and one of the few good spinoff of movies shows-in my opinion-
Educator and Parent of a 6 year old Written byshootsi@hotmail.com March 19, 2010
Witty dialogue and entertaining characters make this a fun family option. There is some violence portrayed, similar to Tom & Jerry or the Roadrunner & the Coyote but really it is minimal. There are references to "booties" but that is about it. All in all, it is very entertaining. It is not an educational resource.
Parent Written byGrandpa Jim February 12, 2010

Mission impossible show for kids.

My grandson has seen the movies and really likes this show. In order to have a story something must go wrong. That's usually caused by the lemur "king" Julien. And then the Penguins under the leadership of the Skipper work as a team to resolve the problem through trial and error. There is a lot of slap stick humor that five year olds seem to love.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymommyjha January 23, 2010
Our entire family enjoys this show.