All member reviews for The Powerpuff Girls

Sugar, spice, and mayhem add up to a frenetic and fun world.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 24, 2010

Its okay

Oh for crying out loud people, they do not curse in this show, grow up! I watched this show sinse I was little, it aint my favorite, but I've seen enough to know weither they curse or not, geeze. They aren't that violent, the only thing I would worry about is Ms.Bellum's a little sedusive, and she flirts as a motive, and the villins are sometimes really scary.. Him kind of reminds me of the devil. Otherwise, not bad at all! Some people over exagerate. I understand some people hate the show, thats fine, just don't make up lies thats pathetic. (No offence guys) Oh, and the closest thing I saw with drugs was the Profeser smokes a pipe.
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2011

CN has to put the show back on.

Awesome show! It is funny. I have been watching this show ever since I was 2. And I don't find it too girly. I mean girls who are superheroes, what girls do that? Boys can watch the show too. I am a dude, and I love this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmanda Please September 25, 2011

Don't listen to Common Sense Media.

To everyone that thinks this show is violent and not at all appropriate for kids: I grew up on this show, literally. To this day, I still watch this show and the movie; I'm 17 years old. This show was/is amazing, and I thoroughly enjoy watching it--no matter how many times I've seen the episode already! Oh, and FYI, I'm a goody-two-shoes. I don't drink, ever, I don't do any sort of drugs, I follow the rules, I would NEVER even DREAM of hurting someone (physically or emotionally), and I get good grades. I have friends, I want to be a pharmacist or a teacher, I'm going to college soon... Hm...I think I turned out pretty well for someone who watched a "violent" and "full of mayhem" show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe Liberator August 17, 2009

WHAT?

i agree with Mrs kitty the mayor never said the F word that's ridiculous. I love this TV show I've been watching since i was only 2! and i never took any of the violence seriousl and plus..... how are the powerpuff girls supposed to ask Mo jo jo nicely to stop turning people into dogs i mean anyone would punch Mo jo jo in the face if your dad was turned into a dog so i to rest my case....also I've never seen any recognizable products in p p girls
Parent Written byDennisD 1 December 19, 2015

violence, and drug use

OK, as a father who has "been there done that", now reformed father figure views etc, i see a lot of subliminal topics of late night outings on chemical X..? seriously, i also noticed that the ages (5-6) years old, have watched this and as they grew to teenagers, i noticed that MANY of the girls violence in Highschool ages were far more aggressive and fighting a lot more than when i was younger. At face value, its a cute show. But if you watch every episode, i see some very questionable areas, innuendos of late nights, chem X with dilated eyes... (which reminds me of the recreational drug). They portray the girls going out all night fighting crime, and sleeping in school. I also occasionally see puns aimed at adult oriented content. I feel that the creator of this show, was a real night life party goer/ drug user, and many of the topics fit that, including a scene where an older guy is picking them up for a ride asking them for chemical X. This is not someone interested in teaching the kids. I personally like the new My Little Pony episodes are fun, moral, and seemed to be based on true values to develop kids in the right direction. I no longer allow my kids to watch PP Girls.
Adult Written byworkethic April 9, 2008

How do you expect to fight against the forces of evil?

I'm glad this show depicts girls as super heroes. The girls encourage trust, loyalty, respect and obediance while protecting their city from overgrown monsters....which they "beat up." Fighting scene are littered with hearts and stars and action flashes. The cartoony animation makes the violence about as graphic as a rainbow pinata at a child's birthday party. The battles in the episodes are, in fact, "sugar-coated." Each episode has a lesson to be taught and the powerpuff girls always strive to be good role models for the town's civilians.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhgbkhkjhjkhhj July 3, 2014

this show stinks!

ok! I know that some people are gonna hate me for that but this show is really bad.how could a scientist named professor utonium to create little girls in his laboratory.what is him? scientist or wizard? also,those three main characters are really annoying.blossom is the smart one,she thinks that she's the most intelligent but she isn't and she's really arrogant.she isn't the smartest-I mean,she made tons of mistakes.bubbles is the most annoying,she cries all the time,sometimes even if she has no reason to do it and she is the most immature and naïve and her voice is pitched and irritating.buttercup is the toughest and the most short- tempered,she isn't smart at all and she just knows how to punch the bad guys.these girls aren't perfect and they are really annoying-they are not a good example for the little kids.an other problem at this show is the fact that all the episodes are the same.it's not necessary to be a super genius to know how will end an episode of powerpuff girls-with the three fucking stupid girls beating the villain's ass all the time.it's the same plot over and over! and if you didn't notice,all the episodes start with the narrator saying 'the city of Townsville...!' and finish with the narrator saying 'and once again,the day is saved thanks to the powerpuff girls!' cut it out! we all know how will end the episode.you should be retarded to don't know this.it's just like the stupid writers have no idea to make good episodes.we all get it that the girls will save the day but it gets annoying to see the same story over and over.also,this show is a big rip-off of the series 'perils of Penelope Pitstop' with mojo jojo replacing the claw since both of the shows have narrators.whatever,the main characters are really imperfect,vexatious and stupid-I mean,blossom is an arrogant boring nerd who thinks she's the smartest even if she did tons of bad things and mistakes,bubbles is a dumb crybaby who still thinks she's though by yelling at the bad guys with her annoying pitched voice,buttercup is really mischievous,rude and cruel but she still sleeps with her blanket.the villain are too generic and cliché.for god's sake,i think that mojo jojo appeared in more than 50 episodes of this crappy show.in this show are the same villain in every episodes and it looks like the writers are too lazy to find new ones.the other character are lame too.the mayor is really dumb and the people from Townsville were drugged when they voted this guy to be the mayor,his secretary,miss bellum is supposed to be sexy but we never saw her goddamn face! also,the episode where the girls were arguing about who wet the bed was stupid,dumb and annoying.come on,people! those girls are afraid of bugs,failing and clowns for crying out loud! they are stupid and if I'll be in the villains's place I will kick powerpuff girls's asses in a second! and now,maybe the people consider that I'm misogyny.NO! I"M NOT MISOGYNY! I'm a girl too and I like the super-heroines like wonder woman.well,i like batman,spiderman,superman and the other super-heroes too but when the super-heroines are 5 years old bug-eyed girl,the show gets stupid.gosh,i was really disappointed with the commercial where the powerpuff girls were saving aqua-man and wonder woman.who made that commercial is stupid! I think that aqua-man and wonder woman can care about themselves.i just hope that one day mojo will destroy those annoying miserable little brats forever! (but it's not a problem if someone else does it).the only reason because the people love this shitty show it's because they grew up with it.i bet that if the show would have the premiere in these days nobody would like it! if you want to see shows with super-heroes I suggest to watch at batman or superman,but NOT at a crappy cartoon like powderpuff girls where the little kids are fighting .
Teen, 17 years old Written byxSugar-Petals May 23, 2014

Common sense media is such a fraud

This show is very nice but csm is too lazy to watch the damned whole thing. The are a ton of fans and the show is very amusing.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 25, 2011

Action-packed fun (ignore CSM)...

Hmm...Fanboy & Chum Chum three stars? What's next? The Problem Solverz five stars? If you're giving Powerpuff Girls a two, then you obviously know nothing about cartoons. I'm just so glad I wasn't raised by an overprotective, CommonSenseMedia parent who probably lets their 15-year-old watch only Barney all day. I agree that violence can be bad for children, but seriously, there is nothing wrong with PPG to the point where you can give it two stars. I mean, what the heck? Anyways, rant aside, this is a really great show! Yes, there is violence: kicking, punching, etc. But, it's not like I haven't seen it before in any other cartoon. And besides, what else are they gonna do if monsters are attacking the city: make friends with the him and tell him to stop? No, the same thing applies to reality. Do you think a bank robber is gonna stop robbing banks if we do nothing about it? Again, no. That's exactly why we have the police. Now, there is some material that might not be suitable for littler children, but hey, no big deal. If you think they're not ready for this type of show, then just wait a little while until you think they are. But to be honest, the only thing that ever scared me on this show was HIM, but other than that, everything else was alright. I used to watch this show when I was a toddler and I came out just fine. I don't go around kicking and punching random people and not to mention, I hate gory movies/games. Also, there are lessons learnt in each episode and the villains never succeed, so it's still a positive, happy show. Just ignore CSM and give this one a try. It's really, really good.
Adult Written byutonium4 April 9, 2008

Too Many Role Models to Chose From

PowerPuff Girls is a classic and perhaps the most feminist cartoon ever made. The girls have personalities that range from tomboy to cutesy to braniac and the villians are as multidimensional as the protagonists. I love the stay-at-home dad, Proffessor Utonium, with his nuturing care of his girls, and I adore that the brains behind the foolish MAyor are supplied by Miss Sarah Bellum, the smart sexy assistant who really runs the show. Social issues arise in the PowerPuff girls such as sexism, racism and absuive relationships, so there is plenty of conversation fodder if like to turn fun into ed-u-tainment. All in all, I believe this show to be maligned by CS!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykyleReeselives January 9, 2016

The page for this is a lie

The review on the main page has 1 dot for positive messages. That's not true in any way, and why? Because they seem to fight crime out of hate for crime rather than their desire to do the right thing. But that's not all, they just about always beat criminals beyond what's necessary, they even conspire with some at times for no good reason, they endanger civilians, and at times do more destruction than the baddies they fight. So yeah, you can forget the "everything nice" ingredient. Buttercup is a horrible hero as she not only fights them, but deeply enjoys it, she's clearly in it for the violence and not the goodwill. And let's just say Blossom and bubbles never really have a clear line between her and themselves, though bubbles is still better. And the criminals sometimes don't get there comupeance, and when they do, they never change at all, nor get punished thoroughly. The people of the city of Townsville are lazy, incompetent, and unappreciative towards the girls. The only good role model is the professor. So basically, there's not much of a clear distinction between the heroes and the known anti-heroes the watchmen. This is another attempt by cartoon network to poison children's minds
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilights April 25, 2015

It's a great cartoon!

I think it's a wonderful show! It is silly and has a lot of humor in it. There is a lot of violence, though. Some of the violence and fighting isn't to bad but I would recommend that it's for children 8 and under. Anyway, I still think it's suitable for children.
Parent Written byTallduck April 11, 2015

Not OK for girls

Initially, I thought the show helped empower girls--helping them fight back. I just glanced over and saw a scene about the Mayor and his secretary--whose face you rarely, if ever see. She was trying to seductively get his attention, and had her breasts shoved in his face. It's the Something's a Ms./Slumbering with the Enemy episode. This show is officially banned from our house.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrecociousBubblegum February 25, 2015

Great!

This is an amazing show made by the creators of Dexter's Lab. There is violence, but not in a bloody or scary way, and the main characters only beat up someone if they are evil and deserve it. The humor is good, and the occasional radar-pushing joke make it fun for all ages, child and adult.
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2015

BEST.BEST.BEST

I watched it when I was in kindergarten and it is still awesome to me. I'm quite upset that there are no fantastic cartoons like PPG these days (all 3D crap etc). Anyway, it's the BEST. CARTOON. EVER. If you think it's childish, screw you- it's a cartoon for kids, duh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPowerbiscuit July 28, 2014

HIM

HIM is the only creepy thing I have found speed demon is a creepy episode and it involves the Him I do not want to tell the end but it is a really creepy episode
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizza yoshi July 27, 2014

One of my favorites!

Even though I'm a guy, I will sit down and watch this show on Boomerang whenever it comes on. It's that good! It may be a bit violent for younger viewers, but for 7 year olds and up, it should be fine. A recomended show for girls and boys!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLovelyGirl49 July 8, 2014

everything is wrong with this show

I remind I was 5 years old when I watched for the first time at the powerpuff girls and I really used to hate that show.i changed the channel every time when this show was on.more years later,seeing how much people love this show,i decided to give it a change and watch at it again.it was as bad as when I was a kid and watched at it for the first time.i'm sorry guys,but powerpuff girls is a really bad show. Animation : bad.it's the same animation over and over.it's too repetitively and there are too much clichés. Art : it looks like they spent 2 minutes to draw a single character.even my 6 years old little brother can draw better than this. Characters : stupid,idiotic and annoying.the powerpuff girls are really unpleasant and pathetic.all of them are too 'imperfect'.i mean,blossom thinks she's smartest but she isn't since she made tons of mistakes (even more than buttercup and bubbles).bubbles is really annoying and naïve and usually she's just a dumb crybaby.buttercup is rude and violent,having a bad temper which isn't good for kids.the professor is such a goddamn loser since he can't do the difference between a monster and his brother.the mayor is the most annoying character in the show (he's even more annoying than bubbles).why the people are finding him funny? he isn't! he's just an old moron who doesn't do anything to help his city.miss bellum is mayor's assistant and her face was never seen.why the hell the directors from this show doesn't allow us to see her face!? maybe because,she has no face or something.the villains are too generic.it looks like the writers were too lazy to find new ones because they used the same villains in every epiosode.mojo jojo appeared in more than 50 episodes from this show for god's sake! Action : too violent.it's full of punches,blood,fights.it would be more better if the villains would become good guys at the end of the show. Humour : it doesn't even exist.i never laughed at this show in my entire life.not even a smile! this show isn't funny,it's stupid! I saw buttercup farting in an episode-gross! Voice-acting : the voice acting is bad too.the voices are too babyish and it looks like the powerpuff girls are voice by little girls.bubbles's voice is the most annoying.tara strong exaggerated when she thought that it would be a good idea if she did an overly-pitched voice.also,buttercup sounds too much like tommy pickles from rugrats (I know they are voiced by the same actress but come on!) and Blosoom has a really pitched voice too. Plot : there's no plot. Stories : there are the same stories over and over and it gets boring. Dialogues : childish and stupid The final grad: -F (-1)
Adult Written byladyZo July 7, 2014
this show is bad not because it's too violent,but it's really stupid.i don't suggest to watch.i hate those powerpuff girls and I hope they will die one day.my daughter hates them too.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBLJgreat July 6, 2014

the worst cartoon network show ever

whoever like this show is retarded.the only reason because everyone loves this piece of crap is because of the childhood memories.the wrong things at this show are: 1.it's the same story over and over. 2.the main characters are annoying 3.the art-style is corny and crappy