Sugar, spice, and mayhem add up to a frenetic and fun world.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 24, 2010

Its okay

Oh for crying out loud people, they do not curse in this show, grow up! I watched this show sinse I was little, it aint my favorite, but I've seen enough to know weither they curse or not, geeze. They aren't that violent, the only thing I would worry about is Ms.Bellum's a little sedusive, and she flirts as a motive, and the villins are sometimes really scary.. Him kind of reminds me of the devil. Otherwise, not bad at all! Some people over exagerate. I understand some people hate the show, thats fine, just don't make up lies thats pathetic. (No offence guys) Oh, and the closest thing I saw with drugs was the Profeser smokes a pipe.
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2011

CN has to put the show back on.

Awesome show! It is funny. I have been watching this show ever since I was 2. And I don't find it too girly. I mean girls who are superheroes, what girls do that? Boys can watch the show too. I am a dude, and I love this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmanda Please September 25, 2011

Don't listen to Common Sense Media.

To everyone that thinks this show is violent and not at all appropriate for kids: I grew up on this show, literally. To this day, I still watch this show and the movie; I'm 17 years old. This show was/is amazing, and I thoroughly enjoy watching it--no matter how many times I've seen the episode already! Oh, and FYI, I'm a goody-two-shoes. I don't drink, ever, I don't do any sort of drugs, I follow the rules, I would NEVER even DREAM of hurting someone (physically or emotionally), and I get good grades. I have friends, I want to be a pharmacist or a teacher, I'm going to college soon... Hm...I think I turned out pretty well for someone who watched a "violent" and "full of mayhem" show.
Adult Written byutonium4 April 9, 2008

Too Many Role Models to Chose From

PowerPuff Girls is a classic and perhaps the most feminist cartoon ever made. The girls have personalities that range from tomboy to cutesy to braniac and the villians are as multidimensional as the protagonists. I love the stay-at-home dad, Proffessor Utonium, with his nuturing care of his girls, and I adore that the brains behind the foolish MAyor are supplied by Miss Sarah Bellum, the smart sexy assistant who really runs the show. Social issues arise in the PowerPuff girls such as sexism, racism and absuive relationships, so there is plenty of conversation fodder if like to turn fun into ed-u-tainment. All in all, I believe this show to be maligned by CS!
Parent Written byDennisD 1 December 19, 2015

violence, and drug use

OK, as a father who has "been there done that", now reformed father figure views etc, i see a lot of subliminal topics of late night outings on chemical X..? seriously, i also noticed that the ages (5-6) years old, have watched this and as they grew to teenagers, i noticed that MANY of the girls violence in Highschool ages were far more aggressive and fighting a lot more than when i was younger. At face value, its a cute show. But if you watch every episode, i see some very questionable areas, innuendos of late nights, chem X with dilated eyes... (which reminds me of the recreational drug). They portray the girls going out all night fighting crime, and sleeping in school. I also occasionally see puns aimed at adult oriented content. I feel that the creator of this show, was a real night life party goer/ drug user, and many of the topics fit that, including a scene where an older guy is picking them up for a ride asking them for chemical X. This is not someone interested in teaching the kids. I personally like the new My Little Pony episodes are fun, moral, and seemed to be based on true values to develop kids in the right direction. I no longer allow my kids to watch PP Girls.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 25, 2012

Sugar, spice, and everything nice!

I guess the show is alright. It is actually pretty violent for a kids show that is rated TV-Y7, but all of it is cartoonish. I like it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

powerpuff girls

what do you expect them to do?? make friends with villians?? go up to them an give them a big hug an try to convince them to be good?? good luck with that. i use to be obsessed with show was i was a kid. i even had powerpuff girl themed birthday party and use to have the blossom plush toy. heck i even named my dog an cat after them(bubbles and blossom). but m not a violent person even though i watch it. you cant take it seriously. i mean its a cartoon, and kids are going to have to be exposed to violence sooner or later. you cant just shield them form it forever. violence exits in the real world. in most shows , especially the best ones, there is going to violence even if its just a little in it,
Adult Written byworkethic April 9, 2008

How do you expect to fight against the forces of evil?

I'm glad this show depicts girls as super heroes. The girls encourage trust, loyalty, respect and obediance while protecting their city from overgrown monsters....which they "beat up." Fighting scene are littered with hearts and stars and action flashes. The cartoony animation makes the violence about as graphic as a rainbow pinata at a child's birthday party. The battles in the episodes are, in fact, "sugar-coated." Each episode has a lesson to be taught and the powerpuff girls always strive to be good role models for the town's civilians.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykyleReeselives January 9, 2016

The page for this is a lie

The review on the main page has 1 dot for positive messages. That's not true in any way, and why? Because they seem to fight crime out of hate for crime rather than their desire to do the right thing. But that's not all, they just about always beat criminals beyond what's necessary, they even conspire with some at times for no good reason, they endanger civilians, and at times do more destruction than the baddies they fight. So yeah, you can forget the "everything nice" ingredient. Buttercup is a horrible hero as she not only fights them, but deeply enjoys it, she's clearly in it for the violence and not the goodwill. And let's just say Blossom and bubbles never really have a clear line between her and themselves, though bubbles is still better. And the criminals sometimes don't get there comupeance, and when they do, they never change at all, nor get punished thoroughly. The people of the city of Townsville are lazy, incompetent, and unappreciative towards the girls. The only good role model is the professor. So basically, there's not much of a clear distinction between the heroes and the known anti-heroes the watchmen. This is another attempt by cartoon network to poison children's minds
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrecociousBubblegum February 25, 2015

Great!

This is an amazing show made by the creators of Dexter's Lab. There is violence, but not in a bloody or scary way, and the main characters only beat up someone if they are evil and deserve it. The humor is good, and the occasional radar-pushing joke make it fun for all ages, child and adult.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizza yoshi July 27, 2014

One of my favorites!

Even though I'm a guy, I will sit down and watch this show on Boomerang whenever it comes on. It's that good! It may be a bit violent for younger viewers, but for 7 year olds and up, it should be fine. A recomended show for girls and boys!
Adult Written byladyZo July 7, 2014
this show is bad not because it's too violent,but it's really stupid.i don't suggest to watch.i hate those powerpuff girls and I hope they will die one day.my daughter hates them too.
Parent Written byKatLilly December 19, 2013

Girl Superheros

Yes, there is some violence... but no one ever dies and it's a cartoon. I like how Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup are 3 very different kinds of girls but each of them is strong and can kick butt and no one ever questions that they can. Getting to see varied girls/women can be an unfortunate rarity but not in this show! I hate that "strong girls" are often shown to be tomboys and disparage "girl things", but in this show the Powerpuff Girls show that they can play with dolls and play with their hair AND save Townsville all in the same day. The worst word that I've heard used is "stupid" which is used fairly often so if that's a deal breaker for you... wait a few years. It also is a show that guys like as well (maybe due to the violence and sassy attitudes displayed by the Powerpuff Girls). These girls are not perfect and make mistakes, but they always get it right by the end of the day and that's part of the real value and entertainment. However, if you want "perfect" role models that never do anything wrong than this may not be up your alley. Also, the father figure is fairly clueless and naive. My 30 year old brother and 27 year old boyfriend also gave this series their seal of approval so I think it's a show that appeals to all ages and genders which is always a plus.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBoredAmbipom999 January 2, 2012

Two Stars!?! Are you kidding me?

What's wrong with you CSM, giving this show two stars while giving crap shows like Fanboy and Chum Chum three. I remember being very little loving this show to bits. Yes, there's violence, but that's the point. There's a lot of violence in the world and your kids will learn that sooner it or later, get over it. It's not even that violent. Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup are great role models. They are superheros who make some mistakes along the way, and they learn from them. Did I mention how cute this show is? I think it's perfectly fine for kids to watch. *Sigh*, CSM is just going to make parents more overprotective if they keep writing reviews like this.
Adult Written byM.yuki July 21, 2011

Powerpuff-mazing

Do not listen to that review,the powerpuff girls were GREAT i loved them age 9-12 and i was never violent. If your kids are violent or behaving badly you can't place blame on a semi violent cute cartoon. Just talk to them and why they feel the need to be violent,when i was a kid i knew,powerpuff girls are superheros nobody had to tell me i couldnt go around fighting bad guys. lol The show is cute,it does have some lessons,it's not THAT bad at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeanutbuttergurl6 November 25, 2009

why is it cancled again?

if only they would bring this show back! l had the whole room set when i was 7. the violence was nothing and it's full of cartoon humor. besides who could forget the rowdy ruff boys?
Adult Written bysneffie76 April 9, 2008

Powerpuff Girls Kick Butt!

I think that the PP girls are strong role models for young girls (boys too). In a TV atmosphere where cartoon females are more often the damsels in distress than the heroes, it's nice to see girls saving the day for a change. There is some fanstatical cartoon violence, but it isn't bloody or scary. I think that it's a fun show for parents and kids alike.
Adult Written byMommieMolly April 9, 2008

Taking it waaay too seriosly.

Some parents are seriously digging too deep into this show. My daughters were watching it from age 5 and they don't go around beating up ANYONE. It's a fun show for kids, especially girls (boys may find it too "girly"). The violence is very over-exagerated. The only danger really is that your kid may get the idea that they can fly if they jump off high things, and this is a VERY small chance. Watch... and enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilights April 25, 2015

It's a great cartoon!

I think it's a wonderful show! It is silly and has a lot of humor in it. There is a lot of violence, though. Some of the violence and fighting isn't to bad but I would recommend that it's for children 8 and under. Anyway, I still think it's suitable for children.
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2015

BEST.BEST.BEST

I watched it when I was in kindergarten and it is still awesome to me. I'm quite upset that there are no fantastic cartoons like PPG these days (all 3D crap etc). Anyway, it's the BEST. CARTOON. EVER. If you think it's childish, screw you- it's a cartoon for kids, duh.