All teen and kid member reviews for The Powerpuff Girls

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 24, 2010

Its okay

Oh for crying out loud people, they do not curse in this show, grow up! I watched this show sinse I was little, it aint my favorite, but I've seen enough to know weither they curse or not, geeze. They aren't that violent, the only thing I would worry about is Ms.Bellum's a little sedusive, and she flirts as a motive, and the villins are sometimes really scary.. Him kind of reminds me of the devil. Otherwise, not bad at all! Some people over exagerate. I understand some people hate the show, thats fine, just don't make up lies thats pathetic. (No offence guys) Oh, and the closest thing I saw with drugs was the Profeser smokes a pipe.
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2011

CN has to put the show back on.

Awesome show! It is funny. I have been watching this show ever since I was 2. And I don't find it too girly. I mean girls who are superheroes, what girls do that? Boys can watch the show too. I am a dude, and I love this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmanda Please September 25, 2011

Don't listen to Common Sense Media.

To everyone that thinks this show is violent and not at all appropriate for kids: I grew up on this show, literally. To this day, I still watch this show and the movie; I'm 17 years old. This show was/is amazing, and I thoroughly enjoy watching it--no matter how many times I've seen the episode already! Oh, and FYI, I'm a goody-two-shoes. I don't drink, ever, I don't do any sort of drugs, I follow the rules, I would NEVER even DREAM of hurting someone (physically or emotionally), and I get good grades. I have friends, I want to be a pharmacist or a teacher, I'm going to college soon... Hm...I think I turned out pretty well for someone who watched a "violent" and "full of mayhem" show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe Liberator August 17, 2009

WHAT?

i agree with Mrs kitty the mayor never said the F word that's ridiculous. I love this TV show I've been watching since i was only 2! and i never took any of the violence seriousl and plus..... how are the powerpuff girls supposed to ask Mo jo jo nicely to stop turning people into dogs i mean anyone would punch Mo jo jo in the face if your dad was turned into a dog so i to rest my case....also I've never seen any recognizable products in p p girls
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 25, 2011

Action-packed fun (ignore CSM)...

Hmm...Fanboy & Chum Chum three stars? What's next? The Problem Solverz five stars? If you're giving Powerpuff Girls a two, then you obviously know nothing about cartoons. I'm just so glad I wasn't raised by an overprotective, CommonSenseMedia parent who probably lets their 15-year-old watch only Barney all day. I agree that violence can be bad for children, but seriously, there is nothing wrong with PPG to the point where you can give it two stars. I mean, what the heck? Anyways, rant aside, this is a really great show! Yes, there is violence: kicking, punching, etc. But, it's not like I haven't seen it before in any other cartoon. And besides, what else are they gonna do if monsters are attacking the city: make friends with the him and tell him to stop? No, the same thing applies to reality. Do you think a bank robber is gonna stop robbing banks if we do nothing about it? Again, no. That's exactly why we have the police. Now, there is some material that might not be suitable for littler children, but hey, no big deal. If you think they're not ready for this type of show, then just wait a little while until you think they are. But to be honest, the only thing that ever scared me on this show was HIM, but other than that, everything else was alright. I used to watch this show when I was a toddler and I came out just fine. I don't go around kicking and punching random people and not to mention, I hate gory movies/games. Also, there are lessons learnt in each episode and the villains never succeed, so it's still a positive, happy show. Just ignore CSM and give this one a try. It's really, really good.
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2011

stop hating!!! this show is amazing!

A great show that I believe people don't have the right to criticize negatively. So what it's full of monstrous violence? That's what makes it extraordinary from other superhero cartoons back in the day! And so what if PG merch was starting to conquer? This is a sweet, spicy, and superb cartoon that your kids should watch if they already know their taste in monsters & villains.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

powerpuff girls

what do you expect them to do?? make friends with villians?? go up to them an give them a big hug an try to convince them to be good?? good luck with that. i use to be obsessed with show was i was a kid. i even had powerpuff girl themed birthday party and use to have the blossom plush toy. heck i even named my dog an cat after them(bubbles and blossom). but m not a violent person even though i watch it. you cant take it seriously. i mean its a cartoon, and kids are going to have to be exposed to violence sooner or later. you cant just shield them form it forever. violence exits in the real world. in most shows , especially the best ones, there is going to violence even if its just a little in it,
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilights April 25, 2015

It's a great cartoon!

I think it's a wonderful show! It is silly and has a lot of humor in it. There is a lot of violence, though. Some of the violence and fighting isn't to bad but I would recommend that it's for children 8 and under. Anyway, I still think it's suitable for children.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2013

Good animation, funny for kids, and for sure the best CN show along with other cartoons

The Powerpuff Girls is probably one of the lightest takes on violence behind "Teen Titans Go!". Sure, some villains are scary and creepy, but it doesn't effect the show. The bickering is funny, leading to actual conflicts and climaxes. Common Sense Media's reviews are not always using there best judgement, especially this one, since they only gave it two stars. This is five-star quality, this show. There is some blood(usually coming from someone's nose when getting kicked in the face), but it only last 2-5 seconds until they are healed. The girls are very cute, with there huge eyes and loss of noses(reminds me of anime). Now that draws me into the animation, which succeeds on so many levels. This show has an original drawing style, but still can relate to other TV shows, too. Common Sense Media seems to ruin every good show for everybody, and if I reviewed this show's full review, it would be exactly what I've been writing. Watch it, guys.
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2013

ITS SUPERHEROS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Ok clearly you don't know anything. Powerpuff girls SUPERHEROS do you know what superheros are? They are supposed to save the world! Batman, Spiderman, Superman are superheros nobody cares about the violence in thoose but when time comes for a girl superhero show with sugar spice and everything nice you judge the show. There are girls who want a superhero show that they can relate to LIKE ME. So sure there is a bit of violence in the show. Think this.... SUPERHERO!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeanutbuttergurl6 November 25, 2009

why is it cancled again?

if only they would bring this show back! l had the whole room set when i was 7. the violence was nothing and it's full of cartoon humor. besides who could forget the rowdy ruff boys?
Teen, 14 years old Written byObvious Troll April 9, 2008

You Silly People

I watched this as a little girl and never once got in to any trouble involving violence. You parents who say that your child turned violent need to look at other places of influence rather than point a finger at the first suspect you find. Your children will be exposed to violence, sex, drugs, etc. one way or another. So what is your next solution? Possibly keep your children in a bubble? Adults like you are the true immature ones here.
Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2011

The Powerpuff Girls ftw.

This is my favorite show. I buy toys of them from eBay and Amazon (i have the movie too) and this is a great show. Yes its violent, but WHO CARES?!?!? Plus, who even gives a crud if your a boy? People of all gender and people 9 and up can watch this, Common Sense did a horrible job reviewing this. One episode there is "Lucky Happy Captain Rabbit King Nuggets" (or whatever they are) and makes kids want to buy cereal (i want to buy the Powerpuff cereal from Kellogg's). They say mild language, but who even gives a crud about that? 9 year olds can watch this, i dont even give a crud about Common Sense's review.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Lamest show ever!!!

Lame show! Everybody in this show is a bad role model! I am totally bored of superhero shows with superheros under 6 years old!
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2015

BEST.BEST.BEST

I watched it when I was in kindergarten and it is still awesome to me. I'm quite upset that there are no fantastic cartoons like PPG these days (all 3D crap etc). Anyway, it's the BEST. CARTOON. EVER. If you think it's childish, screw you- it's a cartoon for kids, duh.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydanny 7000 October 13, 2014

the powerpuff girls was not for little kids

i think the powerpuff girls was an amazing classic cartoon but it was definately not for little kids it was originally going to be for Adults and was going to be called the whoop ass girls until cartoonetwork made craig mcracken change the name to the powerpuff girls because they thought it was a very Adult name for their network the power puff girls was pretty vilonte in the opening of the show him always got punched in the mouth with his tooth flying out with blood and in the show theirs some guns and in one episode theirs blood also their were tons of very adult adult jokes that are very innapproapriate for little kids with that being said i think the powerpuff girls was an amazing cartoon but it was definately not for little kids it was more aimed at a Teenage and a Adult adueince and i dont reccomend it for kids under the age of 13
Teen, 14 years old Written byhgbkhkjhjkhhj July 3, 2014

this show stinks!

ok! I know that some people are gonna hate me for that but this show is really bad.how could a scientist named professor utonium to create little girls in his laboratory.what is him? scientist or wizard? also,those three main characters are really annoying.blossom is the smart one,she thinks that she's the most intelligent but she isn't and she's really arrogant.she isn't the smartest-I mean,she made tons of mistakes.bubbles is the most annoying,she cries all the time,sometimes even if she has no reason to do it and she is the most immature and naïve and her voice is pitched and irritating.buttercup is the toughest and the most short- tempered,she isn't smart at all and she just knows how to punch the bad guys.these girls aren't perfect and they are really annoying-they are not a good example for the little kids.an other problem at this show is the fact that all the episodes are the same.it's not necessary to be a super genius to know how will end an episode of powerpuff girls-with the three fucking stupid girls beating the villain's ass all the time.it's the same plot over and over! and if you didn't notice,all the episodes start with the narrator saying 'the city of Townsville...!' and finish with the narrator saying 'and once again,the day is saved thanks to the powerpuff girls!' cut it out! we all know how will end the episode.you should be retarded to don't know this.it's just like the stupid writers have no idea to make good episodes.we all get it that the girls will save the day but it gets annoying to see the same story over and over.also,this show is a big rip-off of the series 'perils of Penelope Pitstop' with mojo jojo replacing the claw since both of the shows have narrators.whatever,the main characters are really imperfect,vexatious and stupid-I mean,blossom is an arrogant boring nerd who thinks she's the smartest even if she did tons of bad things and mistakes,bubbles is a dumb crybaby who still thinks she's though by yelling at the bad guys with her annoying pitched voice,buttercup is really mischievous,rude and cruel but she still sleeps with her blanket.the villain are too generic and cliché.for god's sake,i think that mojo jojo appeared in more than 50 episodes of this crappy show.in this show are the same villain in every episodes and it looks like the writers are too lazy to find new ones.the other character are lame too.the mayor is really dumb and the people from Townsville were drugged when they voted this guy to be the mayor,his secretary,miss bellum is supposed to be sexy but we never saw her goddamn face! also,the episode where the girls were arguing about who wet the bed was stupid,dumb and annoying.come on,people! those girls are afraid of bugs,failing and clowns for crying out loud! they are stupid and if I'll be in the villains's place I will kick powerpuff girls's asses in a second! and now,maybe the people consider that I'm misogyny.NO! I"M NOT MISOGYNY! I'm a girl too and I like the super-heroines like wonder woman.well,i like batman,spiderman,superman and the other super-heroes too but when the super-heroines are 5 years old bug-eyed girl,the show gets stupid.gosh,i was really disappointed with the commercial where the powerpuff girls were saving aqua-man and wonder woman.who made that commercial is stupid! I think that aqua-man and wonder woman can care about themselves.i just hope that one day mojo will destroy those annoying miserable little brats forever! (but it's not a problem if someone else does it).the only reason because the people love this shitty show it's because they grew up with it.i bet that if the show would have the premiere in these days nobody would like it! if you want to see shows with super-heroes I suggest to watch at batman or superman,but NOT at a crappy cartoon like powderpuff girls where the little kids are fighting .
Teen, 15 years old Written byBoredAmbipom999 January 2, 2012

Two Stars!?! Are you kidding me?

What's wrong with you CSM, giving this show two stars while giving crap shows like Fanboy and Chum Chum three. I remember being very little loving this show to bits. Yes, there's violence, but that's the point. There's a lot of violence in the world and your kids will learn that sooner it or later, get over it. It's not even that violent. Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup are great role models. They are superheros who make some mistakes along the way, and they learn from them. Did I mention how cute this show is? I think it's perfectly fine for kids to watch. *Sigh*, CSM is just going to make parents more overprotective if they keep writing reviews like this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykyleReeselives January 9, 2016

The page for this is a lie

The review on the main page has 1 dot for positive messages. That's not true in any way, and why? Because they seem to fight crime out of hate for crime rather than their desire to do the right thing. But that's not all, they just about always beat criminals beyond what's necessary, they even conspire with some at times for no good reason, they endanger civilians, and at times do more destruction than the baddies they fight. So yeah, you can forget the "everything nice" ingredient. Buttercup is a horrible hero as she not only fights them, but deeply enjoys it, she's clearly in it for the violence and not the goodwill. And let's just say Blossom and bubbles never really have a clear line between her and themselves, though bubbles is still better. And the criminals sometimes don't get there comupeance, and when they do, they never change at all, nor get punished thoroughly. The people of the city of Townsville are lazy, incompetent, and unappreciative towards the girls. The only good role model is the professor. So basically, there's not much of a clear distinction between the heroes and the known anti-heroes the watchmen. This is another attempt by cartoon network to poison children's minds
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrackingCracker April 6, 2015

Cartoon networks superhero girl thing is not for young kids.

Not for young kids because of violence. They say stupid and shut up. Well it can be ok for a 7 year old