All member reviews for The Powerpuff Girls

Sugar, spice, and mayhem -- not for young kids.

Adult Written byutonium4 April 9, 2008

Too Many Role Models to Chose From

PowerPuff Girls is a classic and perhaps the most feminist cartoon ever made. The girls have personalities that range from tomboy to cutesy to braniac and the villians are as multidimensional as the protagonists. I love the stay-at-home dad, Proffessor Utonium, with his nuturing care of his girls, and I adore that the brains behind the foolish MAyor are supplied by Miss Sarah Bellum, the smart sexy assistant who really runs the show. Social issues arise in the PowerPuff girls such as sexism, racism and absuive relationships, so there is plenty of conversation fodder if like to turn fun into ed-u-tainment. All in all, I believe this show to be maligned by CS!
Adult Written byworkethic April 9, 2008

How do you expect to fight against the forces of evil?

I'm glad this show depicts girls as super heroes. The girls encourage trust, loyalty, respect and obediance while protecting their city from overgrown monsters....which they "beat up." Fighting scene are littered with hearts and stars and action flashes. The cartoony animation makes the violence about as graphic as a rainbow pinata at a child's birthday party. The battles in the episodes are, in fact, "sugar-coated." Each episode has a lesson to be taught and the powerpuff girls always strive to be good role models for the town's civilians.
Parent Written byscottm3 June 6, 2015

scared my children

One episode of this show scared 2 of my children . The one where the little man goes around biting people's heads my little boy freaked out amd wouldn't stop crying amd shaking . This has really pit me off my kids watching this now
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilights April 25, 2015

It's a great cartoon!

I think it's a wonderful show! It is silly and has a lot of humor in it. There is a lot of violence, though. Some of the violence and fighting isn't to bad but I would recommend that it's for children 8 and under. Anyway, I still think it's suitable for children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrackingCracker April 6, 2015

Cartoon networks superhero girl thing is not for young kids.

Not for young kids because of violence. They say stupid and shut up. Well it can be ok for a 7 year old
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams March 9, 2015

F*ck you, CSM.

What the hell, CSM? You guys are overprotective f*gs. Stop being overprotective. The Powerpuff Girls was a great show. Creative plot, colorful animation, great acting, and fun action. One of my favorite CN as a kid.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrecociousBubblegum February 25, 2015

Great!

This is an amazing show made by the creators of Dexter's Lab. There is violence, but not in a bloody or scary way, and the main characters only beat up someone if they are evil and deserve it. The humor is good, and the occasional radar-pushing joke make it fun for all ages, child and adult.
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2015

BEST.BEST.BEST

I watched it when I was in kindergarten and it is still awesome to me. I'm quite upset that there are no fantastic cartoons like PPG these days (all 3D crap etc). Anyway, it's the BEST. CARTOON. EVER. If you think it's childish, screw you- it's a cartoon for kids, duh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPowerbiscuit July 28, 2014

HIM

HIM is the only creepy thing I have found speed demon is a creepy episode and it involves the Him I do not want to tell the end but it is a really creepy episode
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizza yoshi July 27, 2014

One of my favorites!

Even though I'm a guy, I will sit down and watch this show on Boomerang whenever it comes on. It's that good! It may be a bit violent for younger viewers, but for 7 year olds and up, it should be fine. A recomended show for girls and boys!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLovelyGirl49 July 8, 2014

everything is wrong with this show

I remind I was 5 years old when I watched for the first time at the powerpuff girls and I really used to hate that show.i changed the channel every time when this show was on.more years later,seeing how much people love this show,i decided to give it a change and watch at it again.it was as bad as when I was a kid and watched at it for the first time.i'm sorry guys,but powerpuff girls is a really bad show. Animation : bad.it's the same animation over and over.it's too repetitively and there are too much clichés. Art : it looks like they spent 2 minutes to draw a single character.even my 6 years old little brother can draw better than this. Characters : stupid,idiotic and annoying.the powerpuff girls are really unpleasant and pathetic.all of them are too 'imperfect'.i mean,blossom thinks she's smartest but she isn't since she made tons of mistakes (even more than buttercup and bubbles).bubbles is really annoying and naïve and usually she's just a dumb crybaby.buttercup is rude and violent,having a bad temper which isn't good for kids.the professor is such a goddamn loser since he can't do the difference between a monster and his brother.the mayor is the most annoying character in the show (he's even more annoying than bubbles).why the people are finding him funny? he isn't! he's just an old moron who doesn't do anything to help his city.miss bellum is mayor's assistant and her face was never seen.why the hell the directors from this show doesn't allow us to see her face!? maybe because,she has no face or something.the villains are too generic.it looks like the writers were too lazy to find new ones because they used the same villains in every epiosode.mojo jojo appeared in more than 50 episodes from this show for god's sake! Action : too violent.it's full of punches,blood,fights.it would be more better if the villains would become good guys at the end of the show. Humour : it doesn't even exist.i never laughed at this show in my entire life.not even a smile! this show isn't funny,it's stupid! I saw buttercup farting in an episode-gross! Voice-acting : the voice acting is bad too.the voices are too babyish and it looks like the powerpuff girls are voice by little girls.bubbles's voice is the most annoying.tara strong exaggerated when she thought that it would be a good idea if she did an overly-pitched voice.also,buttercup sounds too much like tommy pickles from rugrats (I know they are voiced by the same actress but come on!) and Blosoom has a really pitched voice too. Plot : there's no plot. Stories : there are the same stories over and over and it gets boring. Dialogues : childish and stupid The final grad: -F (-1)
Adult Written byladyZo July 7, 2014

this show is bad not because it's too violent,but it's really stupid.i don't suggest to watch.i hate those powerpuff girls and I hope they will die one day.my daughter hates them too.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBLJgreat July 6, 2014

the worst cartoon network show ever

whoever like this show is retarded.the only reason because everyone loves this piece of crap is because of the childhood memories.the wrong things at this show are: 1.it's the same story over and over. 2.the main characters are annoying 3.the art-style is corny and crappy
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheSuperGuy July 5, 2014

I am a boy and I disliked this show.that's because the main characters are crappy and annoying.blossom is arrogant and bossy,bubbles is naïve and immature and buttercup is rude and merciless.i despise all of them,but I despise bubbles the most.she's really annoying,she cries all the time and her voice is irritating.i dislike tara strong for voicing that freaky cry-baby but I like her since she did young ben's voice in ben 10.powerpuff girls is a really stupid show,it has the same goddamn plot over and over! if you want to watch at a good show,watch batman instead.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhgbkhkjhjkhhj July 3, 2014

this show stinks!

ok! I know that some people are gonna hate me for that but this show is really bad.how could a scientist named professor utonium to create little girls in his laboratory.what is him? scientist or wizard? also,those three main characters are really annoying.blossom is the smart one,she thinks that she's the most intelligent but she isn't and she's really arrogant.she isn't the smartest-I mean,she made tons of mistakes.bubbles is the most annoying,she cries all the time,sometimes even if she has no reason to do it and she is the most immature and naïve and her voice is pitched and irritating.buttercup is the toughest and the most short- tempered,she isn't smart at all and she just knows how to punch the bad guys.these girls aren't perfect and they are really annoying-they are not a good example for the little kids.an other problem at this show is the fact that all the episodes are the same.it's not necessary to be a super genius to know how will end an episode of powerpuff girls-with the three fucking stupid girls beating the villain's ass all the time.it's the same plot over and over! and if you didn't notice,all the episodes start with the narrator saying 'the city of Townsville...!' and finish with the narrator saying 'and once again,the day is saved thanks to the powerpuff girls!' cut it out! we all know how will end the episode.you should be retarded to don't know this.it's just like the stupid writers have no idea to make good episodes.we all get it that the girls will save the day but it gets annoying to see the same story over and over.also,this show is a big rip-off of the series 'perils of Penelope Pitstop' with mojo jojo replacing the claw since both of the shows have narrators.whatever,the main characters are really imperfect,vexatious and stupid-I mean,blossom is an arrogant boring nerd who thinks she's the smartest even if she did tons of bad things and mistakes,bubbles is a dumb crybaby who still thinks she's though by yelling at the bad guys with her annoying pitched voice,buttercup is really mischievous,rude and cruel but she still sleeps with her blanket.the villain are too generic and cliché.for god's sake,i think that mojo jojo appeared in more than 50 episodes of this crappy show.in this show are the same villain in every episodes and it looks like the writers are too lazy to find new ones.the other character are lame too.the mayor is really dumb and the people from Townsville were drugged when they voted this guy to be the mayor,his secretary,miss bellum is supposed to be sexy but we never saw her goddamn face! also,the episode where the girls were arguing about who wet the bed was stupid,dumb and annoying.come on,people! those girls are afraid of bugs,failing and clowns for crying out loud! they are stupid and if I'll be in the villains's place I will kick powerpuff girls's asses in a second! and now,maybe the people consider that I'm misogyny.NO! I"M NOT MISOGYNY! I'm a girl too and I like the super-heroines like wonder woman.well,i like batman,spiderman,superman and the other super-heroes too but when the super-heroines are 5 years old bug-eyed girl,the show gets stupid.gosh,i was really disappointed with the commercial where the powerpuff girls were saving aqua-man and wonder woman.who made that commercial is stupid! I think that aqua-man and wonder woman can care about themselves.i just hope that one day mojo will destroy those annoying miserable little brats forever! (but it's not a problem if someone else does it).the only reason because the people love this shitty show it's because they grew up with it.i bet that if the show would have the premiere in these days nobody would like it! if you want to see shows with super-heroes I suggest to watch at batman or superman,but NOT at a crappy cartoon like powderpuff girls where the little kids are fighting .
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv June 18, 2014

Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice are all in this show!

First off, let me say that I disagree on CSM; even though the show has violence in it doesn't mean that it's frightening to young kids; they can actually learn that fighting crime DOES involve some violence, but with little to no blood. This show is awesome! I watch it mostly at night when it's mostly shown. My favorite character is Bubbles! I started to watch this show when I was 3 or so. I wish that this show could run just a bit longer.
Teen, 17 years old Written byxSugar-Petals May 23, 2014

Common sense media is such a fraud

This show is very nice but csm is too lazy to watch the damned whole thing. The are a ton of fans and the show is very amusing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCartoonFan101 April 1, 2014

Favorite show :3

One of my fav shows...
Parent Written byKatLilly December 19, 2013

Girl Superheros

Yes, there is some violence... but no one ever dies and it's a cartoon. I like how Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup are 3 very different kinds of girls but each of them is strong and can kick butt and no one ever questions that they can. Getting to see varied girls/women can be an unfortunate rarity but not in this show! I hate that "strong girls" are often shown to be tomboys and disparage "girl things", but in this show the Powerpuff Girls show that they can play with dolls and play with their hair AND save Townsville all in the same day. The worst word that I've heard used is "stupid" which is used fairly often so if that's a deal breaker for you... wait a few years. It also is a show that guys like as well (maybe due to the violence and sassy attitudes displayed by the Powerpuff Girls). These girls are not perfect and make mistakes, but they always get it right by the end of the day and that's part of the real value and entertainment. However, if you want "perfect" role models that never do anything wrong than this may not be up your alley. Also, the father figure is fairly clueless and naive. My 30 year old brother and 27 year old boyfriend also gave this series their seal of approval so I think it's a show that appeals to all ages and genders which is always a plus.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGirlyGirlwithDocs October 11, 2013

A Fan's Opinion

My little sister who is now six has been an avid fan with me for years. I used to watch the show when I was a kid and I grew up fine. I am fairly certain so will my little sister. This show is fun, and is far better than quite a lot of the other modern 'kid' cartoons you could have your child watch. Take this from a girl who has seen all the episodes and knows the series well. Positive message and role model(s): The Powerpuff Girls promotes little girls to feel better about themselves in a world dominated by male superheroes and just girl power in general. Blossom is a model student in school who studies hard and acts like a mother sometimes to even her sisters. And the rowdiest of the Puffs, Buttercup, knows when she has gone too far and an episode titled 'Make Zen to Me' is even dedicated to her finding her inner-peace and a much more soothing nature. Violence: Okay, so cartoon blood can get pretty graphic sometimes. But kids do need to know every way to solve a problem. Sometimes asking nicely when your lunch money is stolen doesn't fit the bill. All violence is for justice, however and the prevention of much more violence if the Powerpuff Girls didn't save Townsville. Just watch the episode 'Girls Gone Mild.' In it, two stuck-up parents ban the PPG from using their powers and everyone almost gets mauled by the Dooks of Doom. Sometimes violence is necessary, kiddies. Sex: Sedusa. Yeah. She's a play on Medusa but you can still catch a few innuendos their and she wears spandex with fishnets and boots. Actually, the show does have quite a few innuendos. Such as HIM being a cross-dressing demon. But that's kind of funny. And if you are worried about scare factor, what kid will be scared of a cross-dressing demon? Aren't all the liberals encouraging the gays anyways... Back to my point, most of the innuendos in the Powerpuff Girls will not be caught by a kid. Or they shouldn't be. Bad parents. Language: Mojo Jojo says curses a lot. He's kind of a role model in a way, because 'curses' is a lot better than the alternative. One episode of the PPG insinuates quite a few nasty words, but it is all bleeped out. The episode is actually called 'Curses.' Funny, right? If this worries you, just opt your kid out of the episode. Consumerism: One episode. In the episode 'Collect Her' Lenny has every PPG merchandise available. It's for satire purposes though, and the episode is hilarious. But if 'consumerism' isn't for your little munchkin, don't watch this episode. In summary, let your child watch the Powerpuff Girls. Don't deprive them of something great.