All member reviews for The Powerpuff Girls

Sugar, spice, and mayhem add up to a frenetic and fun world.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byNK17 July 2, 2013

Ah the old times

I like this show it is a million times better than that MLP crap, I have not seen it in a while but I remember hiding my powerpuff girl love from my friends, even female friends (well especially :) I also used to have a crush on blossom
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Sugar + Spice + Everything nice = THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This cartoon brings back so many childhood memories! I LOVE THE POWERPUFF GIRLS! Why did CSM bag it? Sure there is violence,BUT IT'S ALL CARTOONY!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

A great cartoon from my youth!

I love this show! I've been watching it my whole life! It is REALLY funny!
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 19, 2013

now i'll talk about one of the best cartoon network shows the powerpuff girls

and yeah, I don't care that their girls and I had a crush on blossom as a kid, at least I'm spitting it out, this show is very creative, entertaining and it never gets old, I love the music for the intro, I love how it shows 3 little girls going to beat up an evil monkey called Mojo-JOJO I like how every Power puff Girl has her own personality, I hate that CN banned the final episode of this show luckily I saw it here in Europe in 2005 if someone is a PPG fan and hasn't seen it go and watch it on the internet it is epic
Teen, 15 years old Written bydanny 7000 October 13, 2014

the powerpuff girls was not for little kids

i think the powerpuff girls was an amazing classic cartoon but it was definately not for little kids it was originally going to be for Adults and was going to be called the whoop ass girls until cartoonetwork made craig mcracken change the name to the powerpuff girls because they thought it was a very Adult name for their network the power puff girls was pretty vilonte in the opening of the show him always got punched in the mouth with his tooth flying out with blood and in the show theirs some guns and in one episode theirs blood also their were tons of very adult adult jokes that are very innapproapriate for little kids with that being said i think the powerpuff girls was an amazing cartoon but it was definately not for little kids it was more aimed at a Teenage and a Adult adueince and i dont reccomend it for kids under the age of 13
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv June 18, 2014

Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice are all in this show!

First off, let me say that I disagree on CSM; even though the show has violence in it doesn't mean that it's frightening to young kids; they can actually learn that fighting crime DOES involve some violence, but with little to no blood. This show is awesome! I watch it mostly at night when it's mostly shown. My favorite character is Bubbles! I started to watch this show when I was 3 or so. I wish that this show could run just a bit longer.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 December 15, 2011

PowerPuff Girls is OK for kids

I remember watching this sometimes and I think it OK. There is some fighting, but CSM, doesn't a LOT of shows have fighting like this? Anyway, I also remember the mayor's assistant who now that I think of it, she seemed pretty suggestive. But that's all and overall I give 3 stars
Teen, 17 years old Written bygakupoxluka240 April 23, 2010

old cartoons are legit, don't deny it

I agree with Obvious Troll, just because this show contains mild violence doesn't mean you try to find a suspect to blame. Sometime in their life, children have to learn about violence, fighting..etc. and trust me, it gets a lot worst...(has 14 year old brother) The influence of their behavior can be many other things, besides most people loved to grow up with cartoons like these to watch when they were young; everything relating with media currently is much worse anyways and has absolutely no purpose of watching at all.
Adult Written byHapHaxion June 6, 2016

One of the better original cartoons from my childhood

There is a bit more violence than in todays' cartoons, but the message each episode gives out balances it out a bit. Generally great to watch regardless of your age.
Kid, 10 years old February 29, 2016

OMG I love this show!

I love this show! Even my 7 year old brother and sister watch this! It's really good! BUT THE REBOOT STINKS!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrackingCracker April 6, 2015

Cartoon networks superhero girl thing is not for young kids.

Not for young kids because of violence. They say stupid and shut up. Well it can be ok for a 7 year old
Teen, 13 years old Written byCartoonFan101 April 1, 2014

Favorite show :3

One of my fav shows...
Teen, 15 years old Written byGirlyGirlwithDocs October 11, 2013

A Fan's Opinion

My little sister who is now six has been an avid fan with me for years. I used to watch the show when I was a kid and I grew up fine. I am fairly certain so will my little sister. This show is fun, and is far better than quite a lot of the other modern 'kid' cartoons you could have your child watch. Take this from a girl who has seen all the episodes and knows the series well. Positive message and role model(s): The Powerpuff Girls promotes little girls to feel better about themselves in a world dominated by male superheroes and just girl power in general. Blossom is a model student in school who studies hard and acts like a mother sometimes to even her sisters. And the rowdiest of the Puffs, Buttercup, knows when she has gone too far and an episode titled 'Make Zen to Me' is even dedicated to her finding her inner-peace and a much more soothing nature. Violence: Okay, so cartoon blood can get pretty graphic sometimes. But kids do need to know every way to solve a problem. Sometimes asking nicely when your lunch money is stolen doesn't fit the bill. All violence is for justice, however and the prevention of much more violence if the Powerpuff Girls didn't save Townsville. Just watch the episode 'Girls Gone Mild.' In it, two stuck-up parents ban the PPG from using their powers and everyone almost gets mauled by the Dooks of Doom. Sometimes violence is necessary, kiddies. Sex: Sedusa. Yeah. She's a play on Medusa but you can still catch a few innuendos their and she wears spandex with fishnets and boots. Actually, the show does have quite a few innuendos. Such as HIM being a cross-dressing demon. But that's kind of funny. And if you are worried about scare factor, what kid will be scared of a cross-dressing demon? Aren't all the liberals encouraging the gays anyways... Back to my point, most of the innuendos in the Powerpuff Girls will not be caught by a kid. Or they shouldn't be. Bad parents. Language: Mojo Jojo says curses a lot. He's kind of a role model in a way, because 'curses' is a lot better than the alternative. One episode of the PPG insinuates quite a few nasty words, but it is all bleeped out. The episode is actually called 'Curses.' Funny, right? If this worries you, just opt your kid out of the episode. Consumerism: One episode. In the episode 'Collect Her' Lenny has every PPG merchandise available. It's for satire purposes though, and the episode is hilarious. But if 'consumerism' isn't for your little munchkin, don't watch this episode. In summary, let your child watch the Powerpuff Girls. Don't deprive them of something great.
Kid, 8 years old August 28, 2013

Kick some badguys but powerpuff girls kick ther buts

this cartoon about three girls named blossum,bubbles and bettercup they should fight creime with the bad guys like three girls named powerpuff girls ther father name is profecer wait ago craig mcracken but he go to disney to make wander over yonder poor craig mcrecken i wish he is still on cartoon network
Kid, 7 years old August 28, 2013

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is awesome, amazing it's nice,lovely and sweet i like craig mcracken he is the best becuse he made that show and it was awesome but it's canseled it's ok everyone at lest we can see episodes of it in youtube
Teen, 13 years old Written byZUULRULE123 August 18, 2013

This show is not just for girls

I gave this show a chance,and believe it or not,I really liked it.There's a lot of violence and even some sexual innuendos.You know,just like every other little girl show(sarcasm).The girls are also positive role models.My favorite character is bubbles.She is just so cute and kickass at the same time.It is also way better than that stupid ben 10 and dora crap.So please,if you're a boy,give this show a chance before saying that it is girly and stupid.
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2013

The Best Show Of All! then Others.

The Powerpuff Girls Was Created By: Craig McCracken. in 1998 Of November. After Dexter's Lab and Other Shows Aired On Cartoon Network Before. even this Show is Superhero Genre. and Obviously the Powerpuff Girls was Popular back in The Day. Even had Tons Of Toys Merchindise. even it's Own Movie 2002. plus it's Excellent and Better then Dexter's Laboratory. So *THE POWERPUFF GIRLS* 10 out 99 Stars. for Execllent! better CN Show. thanks McCracken..
Teen, 13 years old Written byKrustyy August 5, 2013

Wait ago Craig McCracken!!!

Now this Superhero Action Genre Animated Show is the Best By Far Cartoon Network Highest Best Show. It's Better then Dexter's Lab. Since Craig Worked on that Show First Before this Show Premiered In 1998. now the Powerpuff Girls is a Great Show. Since it's about 3 Little Girls with No Fingers and Other Body Parts and Fight Crime and are Cute. But Bubbles i Kinda don't Like i mean She Cries alot. But Except for Blossom and Buttercup which i kinda like it when There Sisterly Love. anyway this Gives it a 9 Stars. Craig McCracken Presents: *THE POWERPUFF GIRLS*
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 21, 2013

Really good, yet with a poor star rating and bad age rating?

Oh? Two stars? Is that all you can give it? Just because it's a bit violent means it's not deserving of it stars? Oh I'm sorry but is this how commonsensemedia uses their "common sense"? Why two stars and edgy for 7-10? Yes, it's not okay for kids to act violent but that doesn't mean it's a bad show. Ignore the reviews saying that the characters in this show are bad role models, because they're not. What, do you expect them to be nice to villains and makes friends with them? No. You shouldn't, they're actually good role models because they use teamwork and save the day. Just Ignore CSM. They're being overprotective, overdramatic and untruthful.
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2013

Great for all-ages!

The Powerpuff Girls is a great and funny show. Even though it seems like a show for little girls, it is for all ages, as it has humor for kids, and it has hidden adult jokes in there, and even a South Park reference. Unfortunately, I have only seen seasons 1 through 3, but many people say that they dislike seasons 5 and 6, probably because the creator of the show (Craig McCracken)left to make a new show (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends). Anyway, the show has some mild violence, yet very little blood (it is rare if you see it). The show also sometime focuses on problems that a young kid would have, like bed-wetting (Pee Pee G's), not wanting to take a bath (Down 'n' Dirty), having a security blanket (Cover Up), using profanity (Curses), and not being as tough as other people(my favorite episode, Bubblevicious). There is also an episode focused on feminism. Overall, this is a funny, somewhat violent, and a great show. It is my 2nd favorite TV show. It is currently on Netflix, too.