Sugar, spice, and mayhem add up to a frenetic and fun world.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Sugar + Spice + Everything nice = THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This cartoon brings back so many childhood memories! I LOVE THE POWERPUFF GIRLS! Why did CSM bag it? Sure there is violence,BUT IT'S ALL CARTOONY!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

A great cartoon from my youth!

I love this show! I've been watching it my whole life! It is REALLY funny!
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2013

ITS SUPERHEROS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Ok clearly you don't know anything. Powerpuff girls SUPERHEROS do you know what superheros are? They are supposed to save the world! Batman, Spiderman, Superman are superheros nobody cares about the violence in thoose but when time comes for a girl superhero show with sugar spice and everything nice you judge the show. There are girls who want a superhero show that they can relate to LIKE ME. So sure there is a bit of violence in the show. Think this.... SUPERHERO!
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv June 18, 2014

Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice are all in this show!

First off, let me say that I disagree on CSM; even though the show has violence in it doesn't mean that it's frightening to young kids; they can actually learn that fighting crime DOES involve some violence, but with little to no blood. This show is awesome! I watch it mostly at night when it's mostly shown. My favorite character is Bubbles! I started to watch this show when I was 3 or so. I wish that this show could run just a bit longer.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydanny 7000 October 13, 2014

the powerpuff girls was not for little kids

i think the powerpuff girls was an amazing classic cartoon but it was definately not for little kids it was originally going to be for Adults and was going to be called the whoop ass girls until cartoonetwork made craig mcracken change the name to the powerpuff girls because they thought it was a very Adult name for their network the power puff girls was pretty vilonte in the opening of the show him always got punched in the mouth with his tooth flying out with blood and in the show theirs some guns and in one episode theirs blood also their were tons of very adult adult jokes that are very innapproapriate for little kids with that being said i think the powerpuff girls was an amazing cartoon but it was definately not for little kids it was more aimed at a Teenage and a Adult adueince and i dont reccomend it for kids under the age of 13
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 December 15, 2011

PowerPuff Girls is OK for kids

I remember watching this sometimes and I think it OK. There is some fighting, but CSM, doesn't a LOT of shows have fighting like this? Anyway, I also remember the mayor's assistant who now that I think of it, she seemed pretty suggestive. But that's all and overall I give 3 stars
Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2011

This show is AWESOME

First, there were NO swear words. Second, Blossom and Bubbles are good role models (despite the fighting). Sure there was blood, but you only see it in 2 episodes. Anyway, this was an AWESOME show. I'm still wondering WHY Cartoon Network cancelled it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune April 19, 2011

Powerlove Girls

This is what you would call one of those good old classics from Cartoon Network's Golden Age from the 90s to the early 2000s. It was a good idea for a new show and rightly so, because this show was never given enough credit and should've still been airing today. Cartoon Network has really screwed up though, because they cancelled Sym-Bionic Titan, and now they have the Problem Solverz which in my opinion is an abomination. I HIGHLY suggest watching this show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoshata February 7, 2011

Sugar. spice. and I think it's NICE!

I find it funny that they don't mention the whole..."HIM" thing in the sexual content. or at least somewhere. I lol'd at this site, yet again. HIM is an androgynous/transvestite/something devil, literally being a representation of the devil himself. That dude scared me straight as a kid, because I was raised christian...and now the devil has a face. In "Octi Evil", he posseses Bubbles' doll, convincing her a little to corrupt the bond the girls share. He corrups a little...and lets the subject do the rest of the corruption itself. Just like the devil himself, which, again, he is 'sposed to be. didn't scare me enough to give me nightmares, or shake during the cartoon, or worry me throughout the day. But still, it scared me enough to keep me a little straight! Ah, parents. It's not that bad, again! Honestly, I couldn't think of a better show to watch. I watched this from the BEGINNING! since I was at least five, and I loved it. And REALLY, when you watch CARTOONS, there WILL be violence. Srsly. I can almost garuntee that. And the above suggested that it was too violent for the girls to be role models? ah, wrong yet again , my computer screen! Have you seen...or COUNTED how many male heroes there are? the powerpuff girls was an EXCELLENT change in scenery, that not only GIRLS liked, but GUYS did too. I honestly have no issues with it at all besides the sexual content in the episodes with Sedusa and Bellum. But that's just me.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2011

powerpuff girls!

This show is so funny! I love it! There is some blood in here,when the girls kick a bad guy in the face,but you rarely see blood.They say some things like stupid and dummy. I think this show is great for all ages(if you don't mind blood)!
Teen, 16 years old Written byunassertive January 10, 2011

Choose the episodes your kids watch

It really depends on what episodes you're watching. one episode i just watched called,"Speed Demon," should be avoided. it was VERY disturbing. the girls flew so fast, that they went ahead into the future to an Armageddon-like Townsville in ruins because of the girls' neglect to it. if i had been watching it alone at night in the dark, i think -I- would have been scared. some episodes do have good messages, though. the truth is, if kids are picking up on the violence in this show, they are probably already aggressive or violent to begin with. i watched shows like this all the time when i was a child, but, as i am just naturally passive, i never imitated any of it. something to think about. and if your children are scared of the monsters, then you're probably sheltering them just a bit too much. i watched this show when i was 5 and 6, and none of that ever scared me and i never picked up on the (few) sexual innuendos.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXxshayminxX January 7, 2011

funny

Ok I love this show its histarical!!! Im mad a common sense they gave this show 2 stars and family guy 3 stars it makes no sense
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2011

lol im in 6th grade and i still love this show. its the best. but in the theme song buttercup kicks that devil thing in the mouth and his tooth flies out and theres blood but just a little bit and i cant believe this show got 2 stars.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2011

omg really common sense?

omg you people this show doesnt swear. theres no f or whatever you guys think. im still a big fan and im glad it came back on TV :3
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2010

True Classic, Great For Anyone Who Likes The Old CN Shows

Common Sense Media needs to CHILL THE HECK OUT!!! This show was my favorite for so long. Ever since I was 6, I watched this show and LOVED IT. It is so clever and funny, and it's made by Craig McCracken, supergenius! The show is not supposed to be for little kids, it's actaully making fn of that kind of stuff. The characters are strong and adorable..... and I just love this show. One concern is that there is A LOT of sexual innuendo. One villian is named Sedusa, and she dresses in an incredibly revealing jumpsuit and fishnet stockings. That's not it, either, there's a ton (Bubble's totally kicked your a- Cue punch). Overall I love this show.
Parent of a 2, 5, 7, and 9 year old Written byJoan1969 August 6, 2010
I have found this show to have sexually oriented humor that is wildly inappropriate for children of any age. One joke in partiucular involved the secretary, the mayor and an electric pencil sharpener- how this ever got into a show oriented to small children is beyond me. Such material will not always go over the heads of children, and the fact that such jokes are included can actually make the show more damaging as the kids mature. This is not to address the violence of it, which is also not good for the smaller kids. I will say it can be very smart and funny for adults, but for kids I wouldn't advise it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byravenfan101999 July 24, 2010

Great for younger kids 6 and up

I used to watch this show all the time when I was younger. I would recommend ages 6+
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2010

Perfect or 1st graders and older

This show is my favorite because of the cute characters and their cool powers like Blossoms ice breath and Buttercups superstregth. And Bubbles being cute. If you want to watch this online go to blinkx.com and click TV shows and type powerpuff girls. The educational parts are when they teach about self defense
Teen, 17 years old Written bygakupoxluka240 April 23, 2010

old cartoons are legit, don't deny it

I agree with Obvious Troll, just because this show contains mild violence doesn't mean you try to find a suspect to blame. Sometime in their life, children have to learn about violence, fighting..etc. and trust me, it gets a lot worst...(has 14 year old brother) The influence of their behavior can be many other things, besides most people loved to grow up with cartoons like these to watch when they were young; everything relating with media currently is much worse anyways and has absolutely no purpose of watching at all.
Adult Written byHapHaxion June 6, 2016

One of the better original cartoons from my childhood

There is a bit more violence than in todays' cartoons, but the message each episode gives out balances it out a bit. Generally great to watch regardless of your age.