All member reviews for The Powerpuff Girls

Sugar, spice, and mayhem -- not for young kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune April 19, 2011

Powerlove Girls

This is what you would call one of those good old classics from Cartoon Network's Golden Age from the 90s to the early 2000s. It was a good idea for a new show and rightly so, because this show was never given enough credit and should've still been airing today. Cartoon Network has really screwed up though, because they cancelled Sym-Bionic Titan, and now they have the Problem Solverz which in my opinion is an abomination. I HIGHLY suggest watching this show!
Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2011

PPG

A show for girls mostly, its cute and pretty entertaining theres this obviously transexual gay bad guy in it called HIM, he's a devil, he looks like satan and hes very gay looking and sometimes creepy but in a funny way rather then scary way.
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2011

More of a girl's type show filled with action and mayhem, not for kids.

The Powerpuff girls is about three girls named Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup who are three kindergarten superheroes that have to save the city of Townsville from evil before bedtime.They were brought to life to this world when Professor accidently spilled a jar of Chemical X, and then, the Powerpuff girls were born.Just because it's aimed for a female audience, it dosen''t mean it's bad for boys, and yet, it dosen't mean boys aren't allowed to watch this.This show if not meant for young kids as it is filled with lots of fantasy violence.Mayhem and destruction everywhere (in one episode, a character gushes out blood).While they do try to save Townsville (Good Thing) , they kick butt and are too violent to give good messages (Bad Thing).There's some mild sex, no kissing, though.Of course, there's a lot of merchandise of The Powerpuff Girls, but there are not really ay tie-ins with the show.They're superheroes, they have to save the world with violence, so what do you expect anyway?The show is currently playing on Boomerang every weekday at 10p.This Craig McCracken cartoon is filled with fantasy violence, if your kids want to watch this show, make sure they not watching alone and watching with an adult.Then, you decide if it's appropiate, or inappropiate for them.More popular with girls, a really nice show.
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2011
because one episode they tried just talking it out with a monster but the monster just kept trying to attack theme they are not supposed to stand there and get hit.and bubbles blossom are good role model because bubbles she is nice and care about other people's feeling's blossom devise's a plan and think's it out than to just attack.but buttercup just goes and hit and punch without thinking what can happen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 February 11, 2011

Violent but mostly OK

Powerpuff Girls is pretty entertaining, though some of the content is over-the-top for me. It's more violent than other kids' shows, but it's never bloody or anything. There are also some adult undertones and innuendos but it will probably go over kids' heads. The girls are good role models for saving the world and genuinely trying to do their best. I also think it's cool how they're female characters as superheroes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoshata February 7, 2011

Sugar. spice. and I think it's NICE!

I find it funny that they don't mention the whole..."HIM" thing in the sexual content. or at least somewhere. I lol'd at this site, yet again. HIM is an androgynous/transvestite/something devil, literally being a representation of the devil himself. That dude scared me straight as a kid, because I was raised christian...and now the devil has a face. In "Octi Evil", he posseses Bubbles' doll, convincing her a little to corrupt the bond the girls share. He corrups a little...and lets the subject do the rest of the corruption itself. Just like the devil himself, which, again, he is 'sposed to be. didn't scare me enough to give me nightmares, or shake during the cartoon, or worry me throughout the day. But still, it scared me enough to keep me a little straight! Ah, parents. It's not that bad, again! Honestly, I couldn't think of a better show to watch. I watched this from the BEGINNING! since I was at least five, and I loved it. And REALLY, when you watch CARTOONS, there WILL be violence. Srsly. I can almost garuntee that. And the above suggested that it was too violent for the girls to be role models? ah, wrong yet again , my computer screen! Have you seen...or COUNTED how many male heroes there are? the powerpuff girls was an EXCELLENT change in scenery, that not only GIRLS liked, but GUYS did too. I honestly have no issues with it at all besides the sexual content in the episodes with Sedusa and Bellum. But that's just me.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

4 little kids

ok look this is a very approbriate show 4 kids there is some violence but its all cartoon and come on it is appsaloatly perfect
Teen, 17 years old Written byposter56art January 24, 2011

pretty good

yes it can be very violent.infact i heard the word "crap" in one episode,but it's not all that bad.it was my favorite show when it first came out.there is a tiny amount of blood,but it's ok (if you can handle violence).other than that,great show.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2011

powerpuff girls!

This show is so funny! I love it! There is some blood in here,when the girls kick a bad guy in the face,but you rarely see blood.They say some things like stupid and dummy. I think this show is great for all ages(if you don't mind blood)!
Teen, 16 years old Written byunassertive January 10, 2011

Choose the episodes your kids watch

It really depends on what episodes you're watching. one episode i just watched called,"Speed Demon," should be avoided. it was VERY disturbing. the girls flew so fast, that they went ahead into the future to an Armageddon-like Townsville in ruins because of the girls' neglect to it. if i had been watching it alone at night in the dark, i think -I- would have been scared. some episodes do have good messages, though. the truth is, if kids are picking up on the violence in this show, they are probably already aggressive or violent to begin with. i watched shows like this all the time when i was a child, but, as i am just naturally passive, i never imitated any of it. something to think about. and if your children are scared of the monsters, then you're probably sheltering them just a bit too much. i watched this show when i was 5 and 6, and none of that ever scared me and i never picked up on the (few) sexual innuendos.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXxshayminxX January 7, 2011

funny

Ok I love this show its histarical!!! Im mad a common sense they gave this show 2 stars and family guy 3 stars it makes no sense
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2011

lol im in 6th grade and i still love this show. its the best. but in the theme song buttercup kicks that devil thing in the mouth and his tooth flies out and theres blood but just a little bit and i cant believe this show got 2 stars.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2011

omg really common sense?

omg you people this show doesnt swear. theres no f or whatever you guys think. im still a big fan and im glad it came back on TV :3
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2010

True Classic, Great For Anyone Who Likes The Old CN Shows

Common Sense Media needs to CHILL THE HECK OUT!!! This show was my favorite for so long. Ever since I was 6, I watched this show and LOVED IT. It is so clever and funny, and it's made by Craig McCracken, supergenius! The show is not supposed to be for little kids, it's actaully making fn of that kind of stuff. The characters are strong and adorable..... and I just love this show. One concern is that there is A LOT of sexual innuendo. One villian is named Sedusa, and she dresses in an incredibly revealing jumpsuit and fishnet stockings. That's not it, either, there's a ton (Bubble's totally kicked your a- Cue punch). Overall I love this show.
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2010

Best show ever

I like it a lot. It is for like, everyone. They even have their own movie. I can't believe this show has like two stars. At least it's not Billy and Mandy. I like it. Every character is sweet. Blossom, Buttercup, especially Bubbles for her sugar element. It is the best show ever.
Parent of a 2, 5, 7, and 9 year old Written byJoan1969 August 6, 2010
I have found this show to have sexually oriented humor that is wildly inappropriate for children of any age. One joke in partiucular involved the secretary, the mayor and an electric pencil sharpener- how this ever got into a show oriented to small children is beyond me. Such material will not always go over the heads of children, and the fact that such jokes are included can actually make the show more damaging as the kids mature. This is not to address the violence of it, which is also not good for the smaller kids. I will say it can be very smart and funny for adults, but for kids I wouldn't advise it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byravenfan101999 July 24, 2010

Great for younger kids 6 and up

I used to watch this show all the time when I was younger. I would recommend ages 6+
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2010

Perfect or 1st graders and older

This show is my favorite because of the cute characters and their cool powers like Blossoms ice breath and Buttercups superstregth. And Bubbles being cute. If you want to watch this online go to blinkx.com and click TV shows and type powerpuff girls. The educational parts are when they teach about self defense
Teen, 13 years old Written bySmoothie971 May 5, 2010

Good!

Teen, 17 years old Written bygakupoxluka240 April 23, 2010

old cartoons are legit, don't deny it

I agree with Obvious Troll, just because this show contains mild violence doesn't mean you try to find a suspect to blame. Sometime in their life, children have to learn about violence, fighting..etc. and trust me, it gets a lot worst...(has 14 year old brother) The influence of their behavior can be many other things, besides most people loved to grow up with cartoons like these to watch when they were young; everything relating with media currently is much worse anyways and has absolutely no purpose of watching at all.