All member reviews for The Proud Family

Relatable stories, good role models, zany comedy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 14, 2010

A lot of TV shows sould be like this!

This was an excellent series, Disney probably took it away because it didn't have 'star quality' It was amazing, Penny is smart and independent, she wants freedom sometimes, but it blows in her face when it comes to something wrong, its not inapropreate, it breaks the barrior of race, a lantino, two blacks, one white- bout time. The friends are pretty useless in some episodes, but other times they're good, Penny crys a lot, but whatever. It shows one episode about a muslum family she has to live with as a program thing, she didn't like it at first, but she began to like them and respect them, even gave in to some traditions, then someone wrote "Go back to your own country, America for Americans" and Penny made a great speech about that. Its something to be proud about (hence the name) and now Disney makes all whites the stars and hispanics or blacks the sidekicks (I'm white, besides the point) and the shows are boring sitcoms about gorgious people with unrealistic problems. This show was selfless, and tought good lessons, and its interesting and intertaning. There is NO reason that they should have taken off the show. I remember only seeing it on Febuary 2 years ago only because it was Black History Month, and then they put it back up. Disney, knock it off, its sad a lot of people haven't seen this series and some grow up watching Hannah Montana. Please bring it back.
Adult Written bymsbubbles4ya April 9, 2008

Laughed so hard 'til I cried!

Hey Proud Family,You are doing a beautiful thing with your show. I wouldn't change a thing about it. If I might add, it would be just lovely if you had a toy line out, coming soon. For my grandchildren would love to add little Penny and friends to their collection. And I'm proud to say, we as people (African Americans) just love when we're seen in full affect as we are....
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz August 3, 2013

Awesome!

I remember watching this when I was younger. I remember loving it so much. The slap sticky humor mixed with sitcom problems are so hilarious. Why isn't this still on Disney Channel? It's a trillion times better than stupid sitcoms today, like Messie, or Dog with a Poop.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 11, 2012

Perfect role models,and great humor!

Hi guys! I'm a white 17 year old male.I'd like to say that The Proud Family was a VERY funny cartoon! Sure it has violence and sex,but it still has great role models,edacational value,and positive messages! My personality is mixed like that too! I stand up to bullies,I give positive messages to my friends at school,and i'm a positive role model.But sometimes I call someone names when someone makes me angry,I love SOME stuff with a lot of violence,watch blood and gore movies,love to be a ladies man,eat very fast,listen to loud rock n roll,and laugh at people's misfourtanes occasionally.The Proud Family has AWESOME animation,great acting,ect.How could anyone POSSIBLY not remember this show!? It was a crapstorm for sucsess!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew August 8, 2012

Perfect show!

I remember watching The Proud Family,when I got home from school one day.It was very funny and it teaches you A LOT about your family! Recommended!
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2012

best disney tv seires

this show is a funny cartoon seirse. Each ep. has a moral with valuable life lessons.
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2012

I think I can remember it...

I liked this show when it was on. Cool show 8 )
Parent Written bymnv August 11, 2011

Sexualization

They characters are only 13/14 at the beginning of the series and they are too sexualized. There are alot of examples of bullying and even some racism and favoritism with penny's parents(favoring their twins over their oldest daughter in an episode where the twins are made older)
Teen, 15 years old Written bykrgfrancais June 26, 2011

Review of The Proud Family

An excellent and funny cartoon, that parents and kids alike will love
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2011

I used to love this show when I was little I remember, i used the play the games on the website, I am sad they took it off the air. Also what was it on disney? i forgot :P
Teen, 14 years old Written byAsh1234791 March 4, 2011

I used to watch this all the time! i luv it
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday November 13, 2010

Good Family Show

Funny show that reflects on all races, African American, Middle Eastern, White and Hispanic. Penny is a smart girl and a good role model, although she can also be whinny because her father doesn't allow things like dating or getting a cell phone, but she always learns that she is very well privlaged. Her friends aren't the 'best' and sometimes they just plain abandon Penny to be cool. There are the Grose Sisters that rob people repeatingly and nobody does a thing (but the sisters have limits, and they do NOT hang out with crinimals- one of the sisters quote) Loseaniga Bolivardez is the meanest girl on the show, but somehow manages to sqeeze her way in with Penny's group. I love the show personally, It's always been a favorite, the parents are respectable for the most part, and so is Sugar Mama (her grandmother) though Suger Mama loves to be violent, no blood is shown. I'd still recomend this show, its very good and dispite the little things, it shows good messages. It's great how they make a show with ALL races.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2010

What is this????

What is this series??? i knew this from the movie,the proud family movie,is this cartoon series is the best,i don't know,i saw the last review,i can't watch this animated series because disney close this series,only the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySgt-Samson July 5, 2010

A much better animated family cartoon.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2009

Wish it still came on.

Best show ever!
Adult Written byThe JP Show May 25, 2009

Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2009

Hilarious!!!!

This is such a cute funny show! It's had me histarical and even my parents like it! It's really funny! The Best! Awesome! Soooo funny! It's not bad at all, nothing offensive. If u find something offensive, u may be taking it too seriously. Oscar is silly and fun, but he is a good parent if you really look at his values. He watches over penny alot and that's a good parent-role model sort of thing for you parents! It's so good they don't show it anymore. Precisely becuz of it's values!
Adult Written bylhwilkinson April 9, 2008

Fine, but keep a weather eye out...

THE PROUD FAMILY-- an anmated riff on FATHER KNOWS BEST, only with an African-American family at the center-- is good fun. But more than one episode I've caught with my daughter has been ruthlessly commercial... not in the usual overt sense (no product placements that I've seen, e.g.), but more subtlely. E.g., one episode's plot revolved around file-sharing, and Penny Proud's relationship with a character named Morpheous. Penny falls into his thrall and began to partake of file-sharing, though her parents reprove her ("file-sharing is stealing"). But then, in true sit com form, Penny sees the error of her ways, banishes Morpheous from her life, and apologzes to her parents in a soliloquy on the evils of downloading that might well have been written-- and may well have been written-- by the Corporate Affairs Dept. at Disney. This episode took 28 minutes and 50 seconds to watch with my daughter-- and 90 minutes afterwards to discuss. I appreciate Disney's stake in intellectual property rights, and honor it. But I do not appreciate so blatant an overstatement of that case (users DO have rights), especially not masquerading as the moral of a sit com.
Adult Written bydshumate April 9, 2008

We Love this program - watch it together every week

Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

...

I've seen a couple of episodes, and it was just okay. I like that the roles are almost all minority characters, but there were some racial jokes about Caucasians -- I don't like racial jokes about anyone, so I'd say watch it *with* the kids.