All member reviews for The Real Housewives of Orange County

Part trash, part social study. Iffy for teens.

Parent Written bychristine3 August 22, 2012

From the ridiculous to the sublime.........

I am resident in the UK and this series runs at present prior to Judge Judy. a case of from the ridiculous to the sublime in my humble opinion. I catch parts of the programmes whilst awaiting the witticisms, pithiness and intelligence of J.J. At first I felt HOOC must be some kind of sick joke - but no ! they are real people. And to me they seem incredibly sad and unhappy losers despite their vast wealth. No I am not jealous ! I would not swap with them, I have peace of mind and I am a good neighbour and true friend to all in my small village community in England. Thank God there are women like the peerless Judge Judy Sheindlin to give the young of America a true example of how life can be lived if one uses one's brain.
Adult Written byIhavealotofcomm... September 23, 2009

TV teaches your ki

If you want your kids to act like theyre 13 for the rest of their lives and think that being "super rich, and fake" is the greatest thing in the world, this is the show to watch!! Because we dont have enough plastic surgery freaks, or narcissistic bimbos walking aroung. So please let your kids watch and maybe someday (cross your fingers) they'll turn out just like them! yayyy!!
Adult Written byddue2be April 9, 2008

Its an entertaining teen show.

It definatly has some real world subjects, a good show for kids 12+ but absolutely not under 10.
Adult Written bykarissa1214 November 2, 2009

Good for most ages

Yes, they are rich, but that doesn't mean that they aren't good people.
Adult Written byPhilly30 February 26, 2009

A Hot OC Mess!

I am embarrassed that I got hooked on this season. It is like a plastic surgery filled train wreck that I can't stop watching. My 16 year old niece loves it, but recognizes and discusses how shallow the lives are of these women.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2008

I'm probably too young to watch this.

I'll admit, I have watched this. I lost what could have been a very important half-hour of my life. There are a list of problems with this TV show: #1: Most of them aren't even housewives. #2: The ones who have children drown them with money and material things so they don't have to bother with them. #3: How are they REAL housewives? They don't cook, clean, or even care for their children. When I ask my parents why they watch this, they shrug and just laugh at the women on the show.
Adult Written bypruitt473 April 9, 2008

Humorous to watch

This show is good if you are looking for mindless tv.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byQ_T April 9, 2008

Vulgar at best

Sad, sad, SAD social commentary. What happened to these women?