All member reviews for The Secret Circle

Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2013

cool Show!

AAAAH! I HAD TO COVER MY EYES . . . . because of sexual content. I watched it because it showed up on my Netflix saying "because you watched Switched At Birth", which is a pretty tame show, so I watched it. It has a great plot with some violence. Lot's of sex, though. A girl and guy have sex, and later he takes off her shirt and bra, but nothing is shown because she is standing at an angle. The main character and someone she has feelings for have sex, and the boy is shown with his shirt off, and her in her bra and jeans. Also, quick scenes of foreplay are shown, and then sex. So, lots of sex, but nothing mature tweens and teens can't handle :) I hoped this helped :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byChristian gurl June 18, 2012

change

the first review was for 12 years old but they changed it and i agree with this
Teen, 15 years old Written by99IsMyLuckyNumber December 30, 2011

I love this show!

I have to say, i fell in love with this series ever since it came out, and haven't missed one freakin episode! Cassie Blake is a shy, blue-eyed girl who just suffered her mother's death and is forced to move into a new town, where she finds that everything she thought to be true about herself - who she was, her background, and who her parents were- is not half true. She's a witch, and she doesn't want to be. At the first episode, she is shy and not very outgoing, hiding from social situations and hardly standing up for herself. By the end of the first seasion (or the mid-season finales) she is strong, a leader, determined and in love. She is still a little shy and stutter-y around people, but she has strong opinions and believes in what is right, and won't leave until justice is served. She trusts people and has every trait a leader should posess, and she seems to become and act as if she is the new leader, rather than a shy and weak female, she is the strongest character there. Cassie's qualities, as before mentioned in above paragraph, have great value and make her a good role model for kids. If kids act like Cassie blake, they'll become strong leaders as well, and i'm happy to say that finally TV came up with a true heroine. The boys and girls in this show are realistic and deal with situations as best as they can. I have to say, sex isn't very harsh. There is a lot of kissing and making out, but mostly it's just implied as well as "clothing" - characters such as Diana Meade and Fay Chamberlain wear slutty clothings around boys at times, and Fay loves having sex, drinking and showing skin and breasts. In fact, i'd say that the biggest thing the show has going for it is the makeout scenes, slutty clothing and drinking. There is lots of highschool parties complete with drinking, spin the bottle and such, but it's not so inappropriate. Know your kid - if they are mature enough not to be influenced, then just let them watch it. Nothing under the age of 10, though, would be appropriate, and ten is quite a stretch. I think eleven is MAYBE all right, and twelve is perfect, as most twelve year olds are mature enough to handle the brief sexual kissing and clothes. The drinking, might be a bigger problem, but twelve and up kids can surely handle it well. I love the show. The plot, actors, everything in it makes me want to watch even more. I can't say CW has a better show, ever.
Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2013

Not for my age...

Sure I am only ten, and I only watched the first episode. I read so many reviews. I wanted to see what it was like. It has a great plot. But this show should be about for 14 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysevenstarburst November 12, 2011

Intense, NOT for younger children, but good

Really good show! I guess they didn't update the review on here because there is a lot more than "a few forbidden kisses" in this show. Younger children shouldn't watch this because of the teen sex and violence, but older teens will love this show. Make sure that the person watching this show knows about how sex is wrong if its not with the person you are truly in love with, and that the violence and demon possession is not real.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2013

Great!

This is a great T.V show! But it is quite violent and has some sexy bits in it. So probably not for kids under 12.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2012

11 and up

great show, it is age appropreat for all children over the age of 11
Teen, 13 years old Written byapple 101 March 3, 2012

The Secret Circle is great!

I like this show its really good! Thought it has some scary scenes that gave some of my friends nightmares. And the people who do the review didn't do the best job as it has a lot of sex and violence. But in the end I would say its a great show and recommend to any older teens and mature young teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written bynunanana February 2, 2012

the review

it's nice but somthings are not for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byKhOiCoOl November 4, 2011

good show

I think this show is fantastic. Just love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byfirekracka747 October 6, 2011

secret circle

who ever reviwed this should really check up on the show more often it has alot of sex and violence