All member reviews for The Simple Life

This show made Paris and Nicole household names.

Adult Written bykellie_v April 9, 2008

Horrible...should be removed from TV

Pretty sad that we have to have trash like this show on TV. I am disappointed in FOX for even offering it as entertainment. I WOULD NOT let my children watch this show!!
Adult Written byPatrikkrook January 20, 2009
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

I would never let a child watch this.
Adult Written byjumpinbini April 9, 2008
as a young adult (22yrs) i can sit back and laugh at this show knowing the kind of stuff that girls this age do to get attention and to "have fun." FOX has the worst reputation for putting trashy shows on tv. the girls basically live on a farm and wreak havoc in this little rural town in Arkansas. Probably because they grew up surrounded by media, money, and no restrictions. my question is, are people actually surprised that these girls act like this? most should take into consideration what they were surrounded by while growing up. kids should not be allowed to watch this show, it's a horrible example. i gave it 2 stars because as an older viewer, i must admit that it was a guilty pleasure and from it, i enjoyed shock and comedic value.
Adult Written bymdrehome April 9, 2008

Stay Away

A total waste of time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byElmoRock3113 April 9, 2008

OK show

I honestly like the show. I tune in every week to watch it. It is somewhat amusing to see rich, spoiled girls doing real work and living a normal life. These girls probably aren't the best role models for me. They pull some stunts on the show that if I ever did my parents would ground me until next year. The swearing is "bleeped" out. I did want to buy some Gucci shoes a BMW, and cell phone after I watched this show (of course I couldn't). I'll keep tuning into the show but I could be doing something better like reading a book.
Adult Written byperla April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bymc2004 April 9, 2008

Hilarious but very raunchy

"The Simple Life" is a very funny reality show on Fox. It is about two unbelievably spoiled and rich girls, Paris Hilton (great-grandaughter of the man who started the Hilton Hotels) and Nicole Ritchie (daughter of pop singer Lionel Ritchie). Sex is a huge issue, as the girls wear skimpy clothes and innuendos (some mild and some so explicit they have to bleeped) pop up regularly. The clothes can be so skimpy that the the producers sometimes pixilate their breasts/ butts. There is a lot of language, ranging from hell and damn to sh** and f*** (which are bleeped). The girls love material possesions. They are also horrible role models because, although they are occasionally very nice and polite, they are usually rude and raunchy. They even steal in one episode. In conclusion, "The Simple Life" is only suitable for teens who understand that the behavior demonstrated by Paris and Nicole is only acceptable in "the simple life".
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviecritic April 9, 2008

A guilty pleasure.

I have not seen every season of this show. But I have seen quite a few episodes. I like it it's entertaining and fun to watch. No one under 13 should be aloud to watch this show. There is some material that is pretty innapropriate. So parents should definitely view this before they let there kids watch it. But it's not ALL bad there are some good parts. But don't judge it give it a chance.