All parent member reviews for The Simpsons

Parent Written byBlakeMontgomery July 6, 2012

Old Style Humor.Ok for Mature Tweens.

Lets review the characters Homer-He is a drunk alcoholic,Who usually is unfair between his kids.He acts like he likes lisa more than Bart.Which leads him to strangling Bart. Marge-Probally the most common sensed character.She is fair between her kids,loves her hhusband,but yet crazy at times. Bart-He is the bad rebel,Who gets in trouble at school,Disrespects his dad like there is no tommorow and usually ends up into chaos. Lisa-The only thing Lisa wants is the best for her family.
Adult Written byjoekabyemela April 14, 2012

the simpsons

this is a very good show and its suitable for all kids its a family show
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

simpson show

simpsons is a funny animated comedy that never gets old!
Parent of a 10 and 17 year old Written byLola Bridge November 25, 2011

not for my ten yr old

I think the simpsons is funny if your older
Parent Written byIgnisMidnight September 10, 2011

Close But No Cigar

I have been watching this show ever since i can remember, but far as i can tell my parents don't really care what i watch so i guess i have to make the judgement myself. The Simpsons contains elements that most young children wouldn't get, and language they may repeat in school, not knowing it's not okay. They have drinking show in every episode and a hell-raising 10 year old on some episodes in school. The Language is common But in some episodes it's worsen with those would be TV 14. Though not as bad as south park they did do a episode that resembled it. I can fairly say this show it appropriate from the more intelligent 10 year old and up +
Adult Written bytrishab April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

Bad Message

There is absolutely nothing worthwhile in this program. It's not even fit for the dog to watch. The Social message in extremely questionable.
Parent Written byCoolkidz January 21, 2013

pure simpson

the simpsons is not a adult show theres very little swear words and when there is its minor. kids of age 8should know not to look to any of the carectors(bart and homer in particular) as role models. the sexual content is not to strong. plus most ephsodes are rated tv pg anyways.so in conclusion the simpsons is a great show that is kid apropite
Adult Written bybaba 1 May 16, 2012

The simpsons

The characters are really scary! But the one that scares me the most is Homer Simpsons. I even have nightmares of him!
Parent Written bytreat02 February 17, 2012

the best!

this is my fave. my ten year old and i love watching this. i know that i recommend. it is amazing.
Adult Written byRaptor69 January 5, 2012

Amazing

I love this show but I know not every show is perfect but still good enough of me
Parent Written by@@@ December 16, 2011

REALLY overrated.

"Family Guy" and "The Big Bang Theory" are television programs tens of thousands of times funnier than this pathetic excuse for a comedy. "The Simpsons" is always my last resort when I have nothing to do. It's painfully boring, but children will possibly like it, as around 95 percent of the humour is aimed at people 5 and older. Still, "The Simsons" is the third best show on television, which shows just how terrible that industry is.
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat November 16, 2011

WRONG

Ages 2-5 Off Ages 6-15 Iffy Ages 16+ On. So those 6+ Admitted but not Recommended for Under 16. CSM It's rated TV-PG some episodes are rated TV-14
Adult Written byThatKrazyGuy March 29, 2010

A Classic Since 1989!

The Simpsons is rated TV-PG for mild language, adult humor, mild sexual content, and some violence.
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 1, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 16, and 18 year old Written bymykidsarebabies February 18, 2015

COMMON SENSE MEDIA YOUR WRONG NOT FOR TWEENS

THIS SHOW IS NOT OKAY FOR MY 16 YEAR OLD WE TRIED TO WATCH IT BUT I HEARD AN F BOMB SO MUCH I TURNED IT. MY 16 YEAR OLD WATCHES NOTHING,
Parent Written bynicolej 1 February 9, 2015

good show

I like it and my opinion is that if your kid is under 7 should wacth with a parent
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

The Opinion of a Long Time Watcher

I have been watching The Simpsons practically my whole life, I wasn't even born yet when the show started and my father is a huge fan. Because I have been raised around the show, to me there is nothing wrong with anyone watching the show, it is rated TV-PG which means there may be some material that may not be appropriate for small children, such as Sideshow Bob trying to kill Bart, Homer being drunk, Homer choking Bart, etc. But this may not be appropriate bit is really parents picking for themselves if it is appropriate or not, some people do not like that kind of violence, even if it is a cartoon that you can tell isn't real and you can also explain to a child it isn't real. The show itself has some awesome episodes, pretty good episodes and a handful of bad ones, but every show is going to, they tend to be quite creative with their characters, they show things that affect us in our daily lives as it is a modern show and it will make us think if you do focus enough on what the episode is trying to convey.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byhilaryh1 September 13, 2014

LET KIDS WATCH

Adult Written byyuri13 July 5, 2014

The Simpsons is For Teens

The Simpsons contains moderate sex references In some scenes, the kids can not understand sexual jokes It has some nudity, but nothing sexual, these scenes can be witnessed by children. Couple in bed after sex is infrequent. There are two episodes that make references to incest. A parody of Tom and Jerry, Itchy & Scratchy are very violent, sometimes including blood, but nothing graphic and played just for laughs. A series of special Halloween "Treehouse of Horror" are usually very violent. This is one of the few episodes of The Simpsons that are not recommended for children under 14 years. Punches are infrequent. It uses ass, crap, hell, damn, freakin 'bastard, gay and some other words like whore and slut are used very little. Homer Simpson spends most of the time at the bar, so no surprises drinking characters appearing in almost every episode. In almost every episode Marge's sisters Patty and Selma appear they are smoking. Children can become confused with adult themes that appear in the show as: suicide, murder, adultery and alcohol dependency. Bart is not a good models for children. If it were a movie, censorship would be: Rated: PG-13 for some crude sexual humor, some strong violence, language including sexual references and thematic elements. This show can be watched by children over 8 years old, for that, you have to avoid episodes of "Treehouse of Horror" and it is recommended the company of parents.
Parent Written byDuncanDerund May 10, 2014

The Simpsons

This tv show is a great animated classic. First with the language. There are some uses of d*mn h**l s**t. The only extreme curse that I heard is from when Bart figures out a mystery and steps on the suspect's Foot and says "F**k you you s**ty Bart Simpson. There are some references to being gay like in one episode that has a gay parade with lesbian sexual innuendo. Characters refer to butt as a*s and there are some women who sometimes show A quarter of their bra open. They show Homer in the bed with Marge and they even when extreme in one episode where they have a sex scene in the bed with no nudity. Now drugs Homer goes to Moe's pub a lot and he drinks alcohol. One episode has Bart drunk and Homer and him make their own beer illegally. One episode goes as far as cocaine. Violence has a little bit of gore and Homer sometimes smokes and he has a taser to shock his cigar. There is blood in some episodes Bart plays crime video games which include guns and blood. In one episode a teenage bully goes extreme when he tries to shoot Homer in the head. There is some crime behavior when Homer downloads illegally and he gets arrested when he goes to jail there are references to death metal and how they remind them about Death. There is some consumerism about movies like the Hunger Games being Survival Games which is Actually a spoof. This is a great TV show for young Tweens and teenagers.