All parent member reviews for The Simpsons

Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat November 16, 2011

WRONG

Ages 2-5 Off Ages 6-15 Iffy Ages 16+ On. So those 6+ Admitted but not Recommended for Under 16. CSM It's rated TV-PG some episodes are rated TV-14
Adult Written byThatKrazyGuy March 29, 2010

A Classic Since 1989!

The Simpsons is rated TV-PG for mild language, adult humor, mild sexual content, and some violence.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydfk1010 April 9, 2008

not for children....inappropriate topics
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written bywmoon6744 June 1, 2015

Whaaaaaaaaa?

Why Is Everyone Saying Mature And Violent! Sooooooo Hilarious And Funny! I Say It's Appropriate For All Ages!
Adult Written bysanthosh outlawz May 26, 2015

need a change

When I saw the Simpsons show I was really into it and entertained and I thought the show was hilarious. I enjoyed and loved some of the jokes they had, but as the show progressed it got offensive by it started bashing God and Jesus and I am a man of faith. I couldn't watch the show anymore because of the things the show said. After I still gave it a chance and stayed open minded and tried not to judge it, but the things the movie said made me uncomfortable. So I am writing this review to say that I would've enjoyed it, if only the bashing of not only my families beliefs, but also, other people's beliefs in a higher power wasn't thrown as jokes like that. It's fine to have your own opinions, but don't bash people's beliefs. That's messed up. All in all, I would never watch the show or movie again.
Adult Written byaidans1 May 6, 2015
Adult Written byzeekattacklee April 20, 2015

My opinion on the Simpsons..

I've seen the show by myself, and sometimes my father will sit down and watch it. The show does in fact make me laugh quite a bunch.. The only problem I would say about this show is that some people will blame this show for kids becoming sassy after watching it.. Yes Bart Simpson does call his father by his name and acts like a rebel. And Homer Drinks almost half the time.. But,by the end of every episode the family or town realizes something important.. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend this to younger kids due to most of its suggestive content.. Otherwise, this show would be perfect for older kids and adults..
Adult Written bychelseagal April 10, 2015

Look,

I love this show and I started watching it at 7! This does have its rude ,nude, and attitude bits. But really I watched this with my niece who is 7!!
Parent Written bynicolej 1 February 9, 2015

good show

I like it and my opinion is that if your kid is under 7 should wacth with a parent
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

The Opinion of a Long Time Watcher

I have been watching The Simpsons practically my whole life, I wasn't even born yet when the show started and my father is a huge fan. Because I have been raised around the show, to me there is nothing wrong with anyone watching the show, it is rated TV-PG which means there may be some material that may not be appropriate for small children, such as Sideshow Bob trying to kill Bart, Homer being drunk, Homer choking Bart, etc. But this may not be appropriate bit is really parents picking for themselves if it is appropriate or not, some people do not like that kind of violence, even if it is a cartoon that you can tell isn't real and you can also explain to a child it isn't real. The show itself has some awesome episodes, pretty good episodes and a handful of bad ones, but every show is going to, they tend to be quite creative with their characters, they show things that affect us in our daily lives as it is a modern show and it will make us think if you do focus enough on what the episode is trying to convey.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byhilaryh1 September 13, 2014

LET KIDS WATCH

Adult Written byyuri13 July 5, 2014

The Simpsons is For Teens

The Simpsons contains moderate sex references In some scenes, the kids can not understand sexual jokes It has some nudity, but nothing sexual, these scenes can be witnessed by children. Couple in bed after sex is infrequent. There are two episodes that make references to incest. A parody of Tom and Jerry, Itchy & Scratchy are very violent, sometimes including blood, but nothing graphic and played just for laughs. A series of special Halloween "Treehouse of Horror" are usually very violent. This is one of the few episodes of The Simpsons that are not recommended for children under 14 years. Punches are infrequent. It uses ass, crap, hell, damn, freakin 'bastard, gay and some other words like whore and slut are used very little. Homer Simpson spends most of the time at the bar, so no surprises drinking characters appearing in almost every episode. In almost every episode Marge's sisters Patty and Selma appear they are smoking. Children can become confused with adult themes that appear in the show as: suicide, murder, adultery and alcohol dependency. Bart is not a good models for children. If it were a movie, censorship would be: Rated: PG-13 for some crude sexual humor, some strong violence, language including sexual references and thematic elements. This show can be watched by children over 8 years old, for that, you have to avoid episodes of "Treehouse of Horror" and it is recommended the company of parents.
Parent Written byCSM Screen name... April 23, 2014

My favorite tv show

The simpsons is a super funny show but watch out for drinking, sexy stuff,language, and cartoon violence i think this is a great show for pre-teens and it is my all time favorite!!! oh and did i mention the funny comercial parodies like the mapple mypad XD
Parent of an infant, 5, and 14 year old Written byBlakeMontgomery619 February 11, 2014

14 and Above.

This show is for Teens and up because it has Alcohol(Something kids shouldnt do.) Sex( Something kids shouldnt do.) Bad Behavior at School(I have that problem with my child,its horrible.)So think again.
Parent Written bylolboy55 October 28, 2013

hope this helps!

Mild language, sometimes marge kisses homer not to bad, but homer drinks a lot of beer and so does his friends ok for 10 and up
Parent Written byathlon32 March 28, 2013

Best Show EVER

This is the best show I've EVER seen. In fact, I'm the voice of Homer Simpson.
Adult Written byDon Draper February 2, 2013

Still a good show

Not as good as it used to be but still enjoyable, not much language especially compared to similar cartoons (Family Guy, South Park) unlike those shows this is more aimed at families instead of just adults. Homer drinks often and strangles Bart but it's done in a over the top cartoonish way.
Adult Written byHoward Edison December 24, 2012

It's Ok!And it's Funny!

Kidding!But The Shows is pretty good!it says good things and so the thing i don't like is sex and beer!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 27, 2012

One of the best adult cartoons ever.

Just like CSM says...The Simpsons is a clever,fast paced cartoon with some edgy humor.They are right about The Simpsons,even though Family Guy has WAY more crude humor.Man,this show is funny.Like,the opening of the show.In one episode,when everyone in the family (Homer,Marge,Bart,Lisa,the cat,the baby,and the dog) got to the couch,it turns out that they were on the DVD cover in a closed down DVD store,but then the closed down DVD store gets demolished.That is a perfect example of the LOL humor on The Simpsons.