All parent member reviews for The Simpsons

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bytinierthanthou March 19, 2011

Kids won't pick up on the adult-themed humor elements

My kids love it as do I. The only issue that immediately comes to mind as far as my kids watching is the occasional brief violence, usually found within the "Itchy & Scratchy" clips. I always fast fwd through them, but I do so even when my kids aren't watching, because I think it's gross.
Parent of a 8 and 17 year old Written bysharing and caring February 15, 2011

bumpy roads butt not that bumpy

its hot all of evey thing, also you might want to mute or fast forad or turn it off for the little ones. teenagers are okay
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants January 23, 2011

the best show ever is reeeealy ruuuuuuuuuude

homer hates patty and selma he often does crotchel isults. but bart sweres and says c*ap and penis
Parent of a 3 year old Written byReview Superman December 31, 2010

The Simpsons Rule!

I Don't Think Anything To Bad About This Show. It Has Mild Language,Mild Violence,Every Thing Is Mild.Its For All Ages
Parent of a 17 year old Written byohhellllo November 6, 2010
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom August 18, 2010

Too intelligent for young kids.

Simpsons has always been popular with my family and there is not much maturity at all. The reason I put 12+ is because a lot of kids will not understand some of the things that they say. Leaving some not so good curiosity. They are still quite easy to understand though. There is quite a bit of violence on Lisa and Bart's favourite Cartoon. Itchy and Scratchy. There are lots of limbs lost but they are just a cartoon mouse and cat doing the sort of gory stuff you'd see in SAW VI. There is sexual stuff between Homer and Marge and obviously the kids have boyfriends/girlfriends. The alcohol is high and Homer always seems to be drinking and getting drunk. Language isn't too bad. Very minor cuss words.
Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bycashed12 August 15, 2010
As the gratitude of the Emmy award-winning Simpsons,As it grew larger enough,The Simpsons has something in mind:Cartoon violence just for laughs,Infrequent use of mild language,And brief nudity when Marge and Homer making love,Commonsense gives "The Simpsons",A iffy choice,Decided by their product placement and more,Suggests viewers ages 12 and up can see it.
Parent Written byjohnwalden87 July 30, 2010

D'oh!

This show is appropriate for kids 10+. There is some language such as a--, d---, h---, and an occasional b----. Homer has a huge drinking problem, and Otto, the school bus driver is always high. Several teens smoke. Kids get beat up by bullies often. Lots of fat jokes, religious jokes, poor people jokes, etc. Although the Simpson family is sometimes dysfunctional and mean, they still love each other.
Parent of a 7, 7, and 12 year old Written bymcflannery July 26, 2010

perfect for kids 9- 13

love it it is a good family comedy
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycrazydenza10 July 26, 2010

perfect for older kids

its not as bad as futurama
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010
I really like the Simpsons, and we sometimes let our kids watch episodes that we previewed, but honestly there are a lot of episodes that are just inappropriate message, language and sexuality-wise. This show isn't really meant for kids, per se. So, I would preview episodes and keep in mind how messages come across to children, especially those in their formative years.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 2, 2010

fun of kids.

I think this show is very fun for kids.The violent content is silly and funny.Homer is funny.In one episode Homer killed Bart.There is not that much bad lauguage.( d**n, h**l, and a**) Homer is aways mean to Flanders.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byitslearning.com April 25, 2010

Great for parents there, cant't punish there children.

It's a great episode of Simpsons. It's the perfect family comedy episode. Homer is a good rolemodel in this episode, because, in the start he can's punish Bart, but in the end he did the worst punish ever if you were Bart. Homer giver Bart the punishment that he can't watch the new movie ever, and Bart love this movie.
Parent Written byMrs. luna January 28, 2010
inappropriate role models.
Educator and Parent of a 13 year old Written byVeg384 November 28, 2009

Still going strong

It's easy to see why this show has been running for twenty years. Still, despite the fact that it's animated, it's not for young kids. Sexual innuendo is frequent, and there's partial nudity (sex scenes) in some episodes. Language is used sometimes, but it's mild. Homer and his friends drink excessively at a bar. Authority figures are incompetent, Homer is abusive, teachers smoke, and bullies beat up nerds. A lot.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymitlinl November 7, 2009
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written bysgm12345 October 31, 2009

15+

I love it! It's just one of those shows you can't miss and you'll put your kids to bed early to watch!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bySuperadult8181 September 13, 2009
The language is mild, the violence is silly, but some of the sexual references are very inapropriate and funny for adults and 11 year olds who know what sex is and how it is bad. It is mainly up to the parent to decide, and some shows are appropriate, while others are not.
Adult Written bynjn August 14, 2009
great show funny
Adult Written bytvgirl June 30, 2009

PG-rated Clean Humor Still Exists!! Fun for the Whole Family!!

This fantastic program comes on FOX Sunday nights at 7:00 (central time; time slot changes occasionally due to other programs). It has been on the air since 1989 and is still funny fun for the whole family. Jokes are good for both parents and children who are old enough to understand that a cartoon is not reality, so I'd say age 9+. It is chock-full of "Homer Humor" for adults and "Bart Humor" for kids. The only bad thing in the show is how Homer's alcohol abuse is depicted as having no negatives and "Itchy & Scratchy" jokes can sometimes be disturbingly violent, which is the joke. Bottom line is the show is normally rated TV-PG DLV. Ages 9+. 5/5 stars. Fun for the whole family. Enjoy.