All member reviews for The Sopranos

Violent mob drama doesn't pull any punches.

Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2010

NOT for kids in any way, shape or form

My dad used to watch this in front of me when i was in second grade. It deeply upset and disturbed. I didnt understand and wasnt prepared for such a graphic, mature show. This show is best for age 18 and older.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylostspaz18 April 9, 2008

For Mature Audiences Only!

Amazing Show! But very explicit sex/nudity scenes every episode, sometimes mutiple times in one episode. Language is hurrendous f-words every minute and even the awful c-word has been used more than once. Violence does not appear as often as the sex and language but it is very relialistic and very gory. One of the best shows on TV, but its content, especially the sex, is innapriopriate for early teens. But, for the mature and older, it is indeed as good as the hype. Iffy for 15-16+
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byDuckyCow1 August 23, 2009
This show is about an Italian mob's life in New Jersey. As a mafia show is, there is plenty of violence and language, the strongest being silenced out. There are sexual stuff in every episode, making it unsuitable for younger viewers.

zits are stupid

this cartoon smells like bacon and beans
Teen, 14 years old Written byGangster watcher June 22, 2016

The best TV show i've ever seen

This show is great for reasons that everybody knows so i'm not going to talk about that. This one is definitely for everyone who can understand that gangster lifestyle isn't good. The violence and sex is something everyone is used to and this show doesn't even have it in every episode and when it does it is almost never disturbing. Swearing defines this characters and without it this show would be completely unrealistic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarcusNelson July 22, 2014

For mature teens and up

People need to know that The Sopranos is a very mature television show. The show is about a Mafia boss named Tony Soprano who has to deal with his family life and his mob life. He regularly sees a phsyciatrist named Jennifer Melfi to deal with the stress of his life. Tony is a troubled man, and is often depressed. His family knows that he is in the mafia and his wife Carmela knows how bad of a person he is. Throughout the show, we see Tony's dark side and his bright side, and how he balances his mafia life and his family responsibilities. This show deals with edgy subject matter. Murder, adultery, drugs, prostitution, and just the mafia life in general. These mobsters make there living by hurting people and blackmailing people to get what they want and they are ruthless in their pursuit of the almighty dollar. The mobsters in this show are horrible role models and the show glorifies mafia life. People who consider watching this show need to be mature enough to realize that everything the mobsters do is wrong, and that nobody should try to imitate them in any of their actions. I recommend this show for nobody under the age of 15. Mature and sensible teens will be old enough to watch this show as long as they realize that it's just a tv show. And if they can do that they will enjoy the show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 July 12, 2010

Good show but not one for kids

This show contains a lot of violence(it is a show about the mafia), sex scenes, drugs and alcohol, and tons of language. I'd probably say watch the episodes on A&E since they're more edited on that channel. This show is really good though, recommend this for anyone who love mafia type shows like the godfather.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 14, 2009
It has plenty of sex, nudity, violence, swearing and drug use. Of course so do most mafia movies. I started watching the show at 12. If you watch other mafia films, you should be fine with this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCommonviewer July 7, 2015

SO INNAPPROPIATE

IF YOU HAVE ANY KIDS OUT THERE THIS IS NOT FOR YOUR KID. IT INCLUDES A PERSON SHOOTING A STORE CLERK TWICE
Teen, 14 years old Written byThedude68683 October 4, 2014

iffy but fantastic

AGE18 QUALITY It's an incredible show, but certainly not for everyone. To be honest, I find that attempting to rate a film, or Television show by whether or not it is age appropriate is completely ridiculous. What some 14 year old's can handle, will turn an adult's stomach, and vice versa. Thus, I will not base this review by age, but by the quality, and the content of the actual show. "The Sopranos" is in my somewhat bias opinion, one of the best shows ever made. Ever since I was 10 years old I have always had a fascination with the criminal psyche, and the Mafia as a whole. I read books like "The Godfather", and watched films such as "Goodfellas" and "Casino" starting at a very young age. Looking back, I may not have been mature enough to handle this sort of graphic content in the right tense, but what's done is done. The Sopranos is violent, passionate, and is packed full of sexual content and drugs. The criminals in this show have a very twisted sense of "moral" and "ethical" values, abiding by the "rules" set by their hierarchy, but It's a show about loyalty, family, and the mafioso way of life. You'll either love it, or hate it, and here's why. Many viewers will be pushed away from this show by the graphic beatings, shootings, stabbings, the seemingly excess amount of sexual content and nudity, and the horrific language spouted by the main characters in almost every sentence.

The Greatest show on T.V.

Although this show is packed with violence, sex, drugs and language, every episode is a new adventure. I Think you should be about thirteen before you are aloud to watch this. The Acting is great and the story is even better. If you liked movies like scarface then you will be addicted to this show. I know i was. My favorite episode was the first on were Tony Soprano talks to his therapist about his life in the mafia. If your 13+. this would be great for you
Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 16, 2014

Fantastic show, better than nearly any other mafia movie!

It not actually to bad for 13 but 14 is a better age. It does have some good messages though on why you shouldn't do all these horrible things the characters do. It has frequent usage of the f-word. Has a lot of smoking, a bit of drugs in it. In nearly every episode there is nudity and sex scenes. There are a lot of scenes that take place in a strip club. It can be quite violent as well. It's a must see though.