All member reviews for The Sopranos

Violent mob drama doesn't pull any punches.

Teen, 17 years old Written by012345678900000 December 23, 2012

Cool

This show is good but not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytentalicx77 May 8, 2012

Great for mature teens.

Most mature teenagers should be able to handle this show fine. As long as they understand that the characters are not role-models and are in general, horrible people.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShoopasmawoopas February 28, 2012

Brilliant series. Certainly for more mature audiences.

This is one of the best tv series ever created. I am currently on series two of the box set I borrowed from my friend, also 15 and we both can't get enough of it. Though it is definitely one more for the adults, or mature teenagers. Pretty much every episode will contain one or many instances of violence or sex, and of course bad language. The series focuses on the life of a mobster boss so crime is obviously an extremely large theme of the series. Very bad messages and ideas of role models emit from this film. Don't let your kids watch this, it's actually worse than a lot of classic Mafia films like Goodfellas, Casino and Scarface so, don't let the kids on it. But it's beautifully captivating for anyone else!
Adult Written byRIPsquishy August 10, 2010

Badabing!

i'm a sucker for mafia-related paraphernalia. that said, this show is definitely one of the most intense & crazy tv shows i've ever seen. i can only say that i've seen it on A&E (edited), but even then, they show you enough to give you a little bit of a taste for the uncut version. NOT FOR THE KIDDIES. not even for teens, in my opinion. tons of violence, naked people & f-words flying off the pan. do yourselves a favor & keep this show for late-night watching when the kids are in bed. with your door locked. if the kids walked in on this, i can guarantee it'll be as awkward as the "mommy, where do babies come from?" conversation.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 July 12, 2010

Good show but not one for kids

This show contains a lot of violence(it is a show about the mafia), sex scenes, drugs and alcohol, and tons of language. I'd probably say watch the episodes on A&E since they're more edited on that channel. This show is really good though, recommend this for anyone who love mafia type shows like the godfather.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDuckyCow1 August 23, 2009

This show is about an Italian mob's life in New Jersey. As a mafia show is, there is plenty of violence and language, the strongest being silenced out. There are sexual stuff in every episode, making it unsuitable for younger viewers.
Adult Written bybigevil1888 January 19, 2009

Great Show!

This is a great show i love the story of Tony and his family. I'd give it a 10 out of 10. I'd recommend it for Mauture Audiance Only because of Language, violence and sexual content.

The Greatest show on T.V.

Although this show is packed with violence, sex, drugs and language, every episode is a new adventure. I Think you should be about thirteen before you are aloud to watch this. The Acting is great and the story is even better. If you liked movies like scarface then you will be addicted to this show. I know i was. My favorite episode was the first on were Tony Soprano talks to his therapist about his life in the mafia. If your 13+. this would be great for you
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bylostspaz18 April 9, 2008

For Mature Audiences Only!

Amazing Show! But very explicit sex/nudity scenes every episode, sometimes mutiple times in one episode. Language is hurrendous f-words every minute and even the awful c-word has been used more than once. Violence does not appear as often as the sex and language but it is very relialistic and very gory. One of the best shows on TV, but its content, especially the sex, is innapriopriate for early teens. But, for the mature and older, it is indeed as good as the hype. Iffy for 15-16+
Teen, 16 years old Written bygodfather April 9, 2008

Brilliant!

This show has lots of violence, sex, nudity, and coarse language. It's very realistic, and doesn't pull any punches. As for the quality, it's absolutely the most brilliant TV show ever. It really brings a different dimension of artistry to television. Literary buffs should enjoy it. For a mature audience only.