All teen and kid member reviews for The United States of Tara

Kid, 9 years old August 10, 2009

tara has D.I.D and the actress she portrays it very well
Teen, 16 years old Written bySir Darry Koenig March 16, 2015

U.S. of Tara is a Great Show That Teens Can Watch If They Are Mature About It

United States of Tara is Rated Mature, but that is only because it has a lot of intense language (e.g., f*ck, c*nt), which actually makes it more realistic if you think about it (but unrealistic when the children curse in conversations with their parents). Other than that, it's nothing out of the ordinary. It does have some sexual content, but that is only like the PG-13 type. In Season 1 there was like two very brief scenes of nudity (one being breasts (but not in a sexual way) and the other being a butt (a man masturbating), but it is nothing graphic. I believe in Season 2 there is only one brief scene of nudity. And in Season 3, there is a rather disturbing sex scene of a man and a pregnant woman. If your teens are mature enough, they can definitely watch the show. It's actually a great "dramedy," that at at least one point of the show, you can all relate to. I think that why it canceled was because it got a bit darker with less comedy towards the end. I mean United States of Tara was always a very *serious* comedy-drama, but the comedy from earlier episodes seemed to fade away and become a bit dark, but it was still a very excellent and great show that should be continued, but unfortunately that might not happen. It's on Netflix and on Hulu Plus so if you like serious dramedies then watch it. :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byQueenOfSerpents June 10, 2012

Great Message for Older Kids

Great story with a great message, but all the sex and swearing makes it inappropriate for younger kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLovett May 16, 2009

I love this show it's a great dramady. Diablo Cody really was the thing that drew me to it she is one of my favorite writers.Check it out.