All member reviews for The Upside Down Show

Outstanding preschool series is fun and inventive.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byladyaloura October 12, 2009

a great gateway to imagination ^.^

this is an amazing show, it really helps children to learn to use and embrace their imagination, somethign that alot of people seem to be frowning upon now a days, sure its kind of stupid, but its for little kids, its so funny and it helps them understand simple things, me and my husband enjoy watching it with our kids even when our adult friends find it anoying, its our tv, and our kids, and the kids love it and play along with it. i just wish there were more episodes
Parent of a 3 and 3 year old Written byCINDYALANIS August 25, 2009

My kids still miss this show

This show is amaazing, my kids loved it and still ask for it til' this day. I hope they bring it back on Noggin some day.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byNichole2577 April 7, 2009

AMAZING!!

My son (and I) are so bummed that this show is gone. I would have loved to see several more seasons. I can't believe that Noggin chose to keep Oobi over the Upside-Down Show. I would love to see another channel pick it up. I only have 4 shows recorded and I am not sure what will happen if my DVR ever bites the dust. As far as I know, they haven't released a DVD that can be used on American DVD players, but if they do I will definitely buy it!!
Parent of a 2, 4, and 9 year old Written byashley1978 March 10, 2009

What Happened?

This was one of the most refreshing shows Ive had the pleasure of showing my children in a long time. While I must say there isnt too much that holds their attention to TV anymore the "Upside Down Show" definately did. But I have to say now that I am very disappointed...we went to turn it on (the kids usually watch it in their rooms at bed time, while lying in bed) but it WAS'NT ON! It had been replaced by Jack;s Big Music Show! My kids were hysterical to say the least. They LOVE Shane and David, two "brothers" who take them on imaginitive journeys and fun filled trips while trying to locate the farm, or the movie theatre, etc. The fact that the kids get to "join in" with their own "remote" that SHane & David give to them at the beginning of every episode is great too, they LOVE it and they feel like they are REALLY part of the show! The kids have even done their own skits from the show the next day in the kitchen! They loved telling their dad & I about all the characters and all the words they would learn...and we're talking about a 2 & 3 year old! I'm so sad that the show is no longer being shown, and I wish I had thought to DVR them. *Sigh* All in all it was one of the BEST shows my kids could've had the pleasure to view. If you still get it in your area, definately give it a try. It will even have YOU laughing sometimes.
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byMOMMY13 March 6, 2009

I love this show!

I love this show, and my 2 year old daughter is always AMAZED when she sees it! The two brother go on interesting quest and they have such imagination and the kids get to be in the action . My daughter goes crazy trying to press buttons on the remote. I just wished that it was on at an earlier time instead of 10 and 10:30pm to be like 8 or 9 on Comcast... I would always had to struggle with her to go to sleep,unless I end up doing other suff and decided to let her watch only at 10 she was happy. But Now that I was going to be nice and let her watch both of them it isn't on! What happened? Now its the singing show? she started crying and thought I was doing it on purpose. When are you going to show it again? She is very upset, and I love this show, and would Love it if you guys put it back on.
Parent of an infant, 1, and 3 year old Written byMomwith3Boys March 4, 2009

Love it!!

I have to admitt at first I thought this was the dumbest show. I just caught bits and pieces here and thier. My kids who were 1 and 2 1/2 (when we first discovered the show) were both mezomorized by it. They still are and it's over a year that they're watching it. For toddlers that's a long time. The show keeps them laughing and they don't laugh alot to t.v. I wish they had more shows. I have every episode recorded. So I have it whenever at my disposal.
Parent of an infant, 3, and 4 year old Written byklholden915 January 11, 2009

Love it!!

I have a 3 and a 4 year old who cannot get enough of this show. My 3 year old son asks from morning until 10:00 at night, when the show comes on, when he can watch it. I have had to start recording it on my DVR so they can watch it all day. I only wish they had it on DVD!
Parent of a 3, 9, and 17 year old Written byheatheroxford November 22, 2008

A must-watch for parents and children.

I love watching this program with my 3 year old. She interacts with David and Shane to the point that she is off the couch and doing whatever they are doing. I hope there are more seasons to come.
Adult Written bytwinmominva April 9, 2008

Very Creative duo

This is a great interactive show for young children with a pair of very talented characters who talk to you thruout their adventure of the day..easy to understand! My children love it!
Adult Written byJustJ April 9, 2008

FANTASTIC!

My son, 4 years old, has an autistic spectrum disorder. He LOVES this show and actually interacts with it, which is a big deal for kids on the spectrum. We started playing the Upside Down Show ourselves, making each other do silly things with an imaginary remote! It's great for him because he has a tough time using his imagination and being creative and spontaneous with play. It's great for me and my husband who really appreciate the humor and talents of Shane and David. I am extremely grateful to the creators of this show and to the Umbilical Brothers (who, in case you don't know, do all the sound effects for Maisy). You have created, in my humble opinion, the greatest kids show ever!
Adult Written bydlgrant4701 April 9, 2008

Creativity Galore!

This has got to be one of the BEST shows on television for children! From the moment it comes on my son has his "remote" ready. Shane and David encourage creativity and fun. I think it's great for kids who might not have a lot of "things" to play with because The Umbilical Brothers have keyed in on helping kids play with their imaginations. We have TiVo this show is on a season pass because my son asks to watch it all the time. It's GREAT!!!
Adult Written byhalldinbean April 9, 2008

Seriously Silly

We love this show - my son (5) asks me to play through on demand constantly. This pair does great physical comedy and very tongue in cheek to help kids learn many concepts, including social ones. I love that they play on the remote control, which is such a large part of our lives now.
Adult Written byscubamama April 9, 2008

I enjoy it almost as much as my 2 year old!

I really enjoy The Upside Down Show. My two year old can't get enough of it. I have taped all 13 episodes for him and I think that we have watched them over 10 times. My son puts his head on the floor waiting for us to say, "Who pressed the upside down button?" He has learned a lot from this program and we can't wait for new episodes to come out. A great show!
Adult Written byemluchsinger April 9, 2008

Best for toddler imaginations

I have a 2 (almost 3) year old that LOVES this show. He can't get enough, and his imagination has flourished since watching it. He's forever bringing me imaginary gifts. The show has helped him entertain himself w/ the lack of toys. I can't say enough good about "Shane and David".
Adult Written byMRSLenz April 9, 2008

I even like it!

I love 10:00 am at our house, shane and david come to play! My 4 year old knows when the stove clock says 10:00 that the Upside Down show is on and he gets out his imaginary remote! I like the the brothers "puns" are geared towrd funny for kids and parents at times and I laugh and play for a half an hour with my son every weekday and then replay the show for hours even days after! The imaginary remote is used all day for my son and it's given us a special game, even daddy gets in on the fun too! I love this show and wish more kids shows were like it! I can't stand the sappy barney songs and even blues clues seems tooo young sometimes! Shane and David play with my son not for him... 5 Stars YEAH!
Adult Written bysupersheryll April 9, 2008

David and Shane please don't turn the off button on forever!

So I here that a second season of The Upside Down Show may not be in production. The actors fear to turn into another "Wiggles" like group. Please, don't cancel your show! The Upside Down show is only one of the very few shows he actually enjoys. This show keeps my 2 year old moving, from running his action fingers around the room, to knocking on doors. I love the sarcastic adult humor tied into the show and the boys's quirky antics.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I love to pretend!

I love this show.And i'm 9!I love to pretend with my remote and ryhme with the schmuzzies!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

The Most Awesome Show Ever!

The Upside Down Show rocks!It's for kids all ages!It totally rocks through pretend play.Espcially the remote and sound effects.Everyone who loves to be silly should totally watch this.
Adult Written bylitlepacer April 9, 2008

A Very Eye Catching Show

I hope we will continue to see these two zany fellows for a long long time. I have a 2 yr old grandson and a 1 yr old granddaughter and they are always glued to the TV when this show comes on. My 11 yr old loves it also. My grandson, after the show will imatate the show and uses his imagination more each day, and I believe it is this show that helps. There are to many kids that do not have imaginations any more and i think that is the key to creativity and learning. So please keep these guys on the TV. And when can we buy DVD?
Adult Written byDaphne67 April 9, 2008

We love it!

My almost-2-year-old adores this show. I even catch my 9-year-old watching it with her. It's funny& smart enough for adults to watch along, and entertaining enough that it keeps my daughter busy so I can load the dishwasher. "Brilliant!" as the main characters would say. I read on this site that they may not renew the show because Shane & David don't want to be like The Wiggles--this is 10,000 times smarter than the Wiggles! Please don't let it get away!