All member reviews for The Vampire Diaries

Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2011

Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2010

Best show ever! But some iffy stuff

I absolutley adore Vampire Diaries! I noticed the show at about the 5th episode of the 1st season. My mom knew that I was vampire obssesed so she let me watch it then decided it was inappropriate. Well, a year later, I have become more mature so I had started watching it online. I thought it was amazing! It does have some iffy content. Honestly the violence would be the worst. Of course the traditional stake in the heart. Some hearts are torn out by hand. But it is DEFINITLY not as nasty as that 2nd Indiana Jones movie( which is also amazing). The words are not to bad. I have only heard of 1 usage of the b-word (although i am probably not paying attention). No other bad ones really. The sexual content is not bad at all. Some dialogue, but nothing big. I mean, come on, what 10 year old hasn't seen a movie with at least a little bit of sexual content in it. This show is not to bad, the main one is episode 10- I think. But the worse thing would be the drinking and drugs and smoking. The youngest character, Jeremy, did and is doing drugs and is constantly smoking due to deppression- i think. All characters have done underage drinking in the show in almost every episode. Just make sure that the 21 age minimum for drinking is set with your teens/tweens. About the sexual content, say that it is immoral to have sex w/o being married. Also establish the consequences. Ex. unplanned pregnancy. I would recommend the book " Boys will put you on a Pedstal ( so they can look up your skirt)" for your girls. It expresses what is going on in a guys mind and all about that type of thing. I highly recommend it. I read it when my mom gave it to me when i was about 10, it was amazing. So this show is definitly not to bad. Just make sure that your kids know what not to do. A good message would be perserverence. A lot of teens in this show definitly shoe dedication and perserverence to what they believe in. So curl up on the couch and start watching this show with your kids at least 12 years of age! BYE! Everkat. - katherine
Teen, 14 years old Written byHWADOB May 7, 2011

This is not tame Twilight, folks.

I started watching this show when it came out, at the end of my Twilight loving phase. I don't remember much, but what I DO remember was because it was so disgusting the images have been burned in my mind (I was 11). The first episode was filled teens drinking (maybe high too, it went right over my if they were) and making out heavily, frolicking through a pitch black forest at night intoxicated, and a little violence if I do remember correctly. My mother agreed to just 1 more episode to decide her final opinion on whether I should watch it or not. Episode was much much cleaner. But of course, the last 30 seconds were basically disturbing adult video material. And that is why I've never watched the show again, even 2 years after.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn December 13, 2010

One of my favorite shows. Great storylines, great chemistry. I recommend it to everyone with a lick of maturity. (:
Teen, 14 years old Written byhpxoxo6 September 19, 2010

I love this show! Its addicting but i wouldnt reccommend it for people under 13.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2011

Entertainment Purposes only.

I think since drinking,language,smoking,and violence is a problem for younger viewers it should only be teens 15 and over. I'm sure the creators didn't make it for an age less and the show is very much for adults also. The vampires in it are in their 20's which is very clear. I watch it with my mom every Thursday or Friday I can never remember. But anyway it is only for entertainment for those of your worried it has a bad message for teens. The biggest (problem) I suppose is language I would say so talk to your teens about that.Like I watch it with my mom it should be a family show for children under 15 and should be discussed over with a parent. A minor upset is the cheesy music in each episode CW always does and at the worst times as well! However overall I enjoy the show very much!
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2009

Good!

I love it! It's good for tweens and teens. The only thing bad is the language and the violence. Besides that, great dramatic show!
Kid, 8 years old September 26, 2009

TEENS AND UP

I didn't really watch it, but my parents were and I sorta paid attention cause I was SOOO bored. I thought it was not too bad, but I don't wanna watch it anymore cause I don't like the A word.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytiajones19 June 25, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvVampires August 8, 2010

Romantic Vampires, Become Obsessed, In Love With the Characters, Best Vampire Show Ever

I honestly love this show!!! It's my favorite T.V. Show of all time!! I can't stop watching it!! I'm madly addicted to it, and I've become MADLY OBSESSED with vampires!!! I would say this show is way way way better than "Twilight"! It has more violence, but at the same time, it has plenty of romance!! I love it!! Once you watch the show, you become madly in love with the characters!! ESPECIALLY Damon and Stefan Salvatore!! They're are amazing vampire brothers!! You'll like them A LOT!!! Before I saw "The Vampire Diaries", I thought it would be pretty boring, because I wasn't into vampires at that time, but once I saw the first episode of Season 1, I became addicted to this show!! I am now in love with vampires!!! I haven't seen "True Blood", but I wouldn't recommend it to any young children, because it's A LOT of violence, sex, and nudity!! I would say "The Vampire Diaries" is better then any other vampire show, because at the same time it does have some mature stuff, but it is also appropriate, unlike "True Blood"! "The Vampire Diaries" RULES!!! :-D
Teen, 14 years old Written byBloody Gorgeous September 25, 2009

i Love This Show

I spent forever waiting for this show, ever since I knew it was to be. I had very high expectations.... The characters are great. Caroline is annoying and desperate, Bonnie is cool and psychic, Damon is deliciously evil, Stefan is... (for you twilight fans) a much lovelier version Edrward. Wait!! This series was out long before Twilight was even created! I bet lots of you didn't know that. So Edward Cullen is actually a sucky version of Stefan... Anyway, Elena is the former super-popular girl of the school, now more reserved since her parents died. The story is great, I regret not reading the books beforehand and now I simply must. It's very entertaining and cool and even scary. But everything has a downside. I don't like the whole ominous fog thing whenever Damon is around. It looks rather cheesy. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention how appropriate it is. There is some sexuality --kissing, shirtless girls-- and drugs (a continuously drunk and 'stoned' Jeremy) and violence --Damon biting into people and even killing them--
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2010

This show is great

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! It's one of my favorite shows now and I'm starting to read the book. It's violent, of course, and Vicki and Jeremy smoke weed. A little bit of language, also. Heh, if you haven't had "the talk" with your parents then this would also be an issue. But I think its great for mature preteens and teens. TEAM DAMON!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThatsalicetoyou December 21, 2009

Great story line!! But not good for younger kids

I just love this show and the book.. hands down one of the best full on vampire stories ever!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytruefact7 June 29, 2015

Not As Bad As Everyone Says It Is

I'm going to be 15 in about two weeks and I started watching few months ago and am now almost done with the whole series. I really don't think it's bad for anyone as long as they aren't completely immature. Sure Jeremy does do drugs at the beginning of the show, but his sister, Elena, is a very strong character and tries her hardest to help him. There may also be sex scenes and underage drinking, but as long as a child has the idea that these things are not okay and that this isn't actually something that happens in real high school life every moment it shouldn't be that bad for them. The only reason I believe they shouldn't be able to watch this is because they get queasy at the sight of blood. My younger sister,11, also watched this with me and I would just fast forward the parts that I really don't think that she needed to see. So I think that anyone age 12 or older should be able to watch this because (not to be rude or anything) they already know everything that is in this show from school, so if you want to to keep them shadowed from the things in shows and movies like this you should pull them out of school because they will hear and see everything in school anyway- even as young as 6th grade. Personally I think parents don't realize how fast kids really grow up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byteengirl1 June 7, 2015

12 and up

The Vampire Diaries can be a little sexual and violent but, not a lot and I think even an 11 year old can watch it, so long as it's with an adult. 12 and up should be okay though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Definitely the best vampire tv show!

Teen, 17 years old Written byprettylittleliaraus June 1, 2015

First couple of seasons (1-3) good but show goes downhill

The show follows Elena, a 16+ year old girl in the town of Mystic Falls. In seasons one and two, Elena remained to be a strong main character, bravely sacrificing herself so no one got hurt. But in season three things changed. Elena became more hypocritical and self centred, coming to a head when she woke up and became a vampire. That's when the show went downhill. So watch it. Watch it think of Bonnie, Caroline, human Elena, Katherine and Rebekah. Think of the turmoil they went through. And make your own opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written byellieodo May 16, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancermichelle08 May 8, 2015

Favorite show ever!!

The Vampire Diaries is probably my favorite show of all time. All of my friends think I'm obsessed with it, which I kinda am. The first few episodes are kinda slow, but just give it time, because it does get better. But besides that, everything about that show is just amazing. The Salvatore brothers are SO GORGEOUS! I love all of the characters though. Elena is a great main character, and I don't know why people think she's so self-centered, because she isn't. Everyone has really good chemistry with each other. And there are SO MANY CLIFFHANGERS!!! You never know what will happen next! There's a lot of blood involved though. There's also some drinking, and some sex scenes, but it's nothing that teens haven't seen before on TV. If you've never seen this show before, I highly recommend it. Everything about it is absolutely perfect.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2015

OMG!!! Best show ever!!!

I love this show a lot!! Just so you know, it does involve disturbing sounds as Vampires suck people blood, it does show the vote marks of a vampire or a werewolf, and it does involve witches using their powers to harm or help people. It also does involve supernatural beings ripping hearts out of people's bodies, but the hearts do not look very real. Just to let you know, this is a vampire series so it does have blood in it. WARNINGS There is some sex in it There is no nudity (only if your count as panties and a braw and a guy shirtless nudity) There is slight swearing in it There is about 60% drinking in it There is barely any smoking There is drugs but it's only in the FIRST three episodes of S1 and that's it There is violence (it's a vampire show tho)