All member reviews for The Walking Dead

Teen, 17 years old Written bybowling360 November 11, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIOLENCE YES. BUT ACTUALLY THIS SHOW IS KINDA CHRISTIAN. THEY PREY ALOT AND TALK ABOUT GOD. NOTHING WRONG WITH MOVIE!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrolltideroll13 October 21, 2011

Huge fan of The Walking Dead

Great TV show. I love it. It's not just a show about killing zombies. The characters are well developed and most of them are good role models. I started watching it because it was filmed in my city (Atlanta) and I really loved the plot. I usually HATE zombie, vampire, far-fetched sci-fi shows, but this one is great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! The only thing that isn't appropriate for kids is VERY STRONG violence (Hitting zombies with axes, decomposing bodies, gruesome scenes of death) and some strong language. Theres only one sexual scene at the beginning of one of the episodes but you can't see anything, its just implied. Anyone 15 and up will be fine. I LOVE THIS SHOW!
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2010

Depressing, but absoultely amazing,

This TV show is highly addictive (at least for me), and is done well by a very talented director, Frank Darabont, director of The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption (both of which are my favourite movies). However, this show gives off very depressing feelings whilst you grow care for the characters, and it is hard to see some of them die. Fantastic show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn December 13, 2010

A show about zombies. Dreams do come true. I love that they make the show almost a much about the people as about the zombies. And they obviously have GREAT make-up people! HA. I recommend this to anyone who has ever seen a zombie movie or has even thought about a zombie apocolypse.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChubbster December 2, 2010

Perfect for teens and adults. Not tweens.

I think this show is amazing! But too graphic for tweens.
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2014

Depends when you think you or your child is mature enough.

I have watched every single episode of every season. It is a great show which is successful at conveying emotion. I am 12 but to be honest it's not scary, it doesn't give you nightmares, it doesn't have drugs (Breaking Bad) it doesn't have too much sexual contact (Pretty Little Liars). But you need to know if you can handle the violence and swearing. And you/they are mature enough. On the other hand (mainly) Hershel (a character) mentions God a lot and owned a bible. They visited a church in a forest and many of them prayed to God. There is quite a bit of swearing. Nothing much more than what you hear in school anyway. The Walking Dead is probably more for teens who accept that the likelihood of a zombie apocalypse is very unlikely.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrando804 November 3, 2010

A very entertaining treat for zombie fans

I personally love zombie movies, etc. I was also looking forward to this show ever since I saw the trailer a few months ago. It didn't disappoint. The show has the perfect blend of action, drama, suspense, and lots of emotion to make it good for zombie or drama fans.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycake is good September 17, 2013

A Kid That Knows What He's Talking About

First of all, I've never really agreed with Common Sense. They seem to be uptight about everything. By age 15, a teen should be able to watch what they want. Think about it, 15 and 18 are not that far away. Depends on the child, though. I am rating this thirteen and up because it is not that bad. The sexual content is not even close to an issue for someone that age. If they don't know what sex is, that is a problem. Try asking your kid questions about what they know about sex. Slowly expose them to things so the can learn about it in a nice, healthy, manner. As for language, no big deal. My Parents never care about the language in a movies, tv shows, books, etc. Their reasoning: every kid will swear from around age 9 until the day they die. Swearing is a way of expressing emotions, and a child should have examples of people who swear responsibly, and at the appropriate time. Granted, for a thirteen year old, hearing the word s*** is not a big deal. As for violence, depends on the kid. If there is a game that has violence, or a movie/tv show that is violent, I ask my parents this question. "Do you think this violence will effect me mentally?" They think about this and answer, "No". Then, I ask, " Do you think that watching this will effect my grades?" Usually, the answer is no. Depends on the child in this case. I personally get grades between B+ and A+. My parents know that a tv show won't effect me. Then, I ask them the real question. "What negative effect will occur if I am exposed to this violence?" I let them think about this. Parents, if you can't come up with an answer, your kid is fine. This means that there is nothing to worry about. If you can, discuss it with your kid. If he/she is really interested in this show, let them watch a couple of episodes with you. Watch how it effects them. Do they become more aggressive? Do their grades drop? If so, this is a clear sign that they are not ready to be exposed to bloody violence. If not, they are absolutely fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLWB32798 March 28, 2012

Absolutely Stunning!

One of the most interesting, gripping and Violent shows ever seen. Let's start with my icons below. Good Role Models - Although Rick doesn't believe in God, He still sends a some what positive message, he will do anything for his family. Violence - Lot's of Blood, Guts, Burned Flesh and Dead Bodies. Sex - In Season 1 Episode 2, Shane and Lori have sex (Only bra and underwear are visible) it is quite noticeable that they are having sex. In Season 2 Episode 6, Andrea grabs Shane's Pen*s (but it is covered by his jeans) right after it is quite noticeable that they have sex in the car. No Female or male Privates are Seen. And in Season 2 Episode 4, Glen and Maggie go to a pharmacy to pick up some Med's and Glen picks up a pregnancy test for Lori. and Maggie saw Glen near a pack of condoms and it turns into a conversation about sex, therefore they have sex. The side of Maggie's breast's are visible (But Barely). I would not say it is perfect for kids. I am a little more mature for my age, and i love shows like these Gripping and Entertaining.
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2011

Good show not as good as the book

This show is great but not nearly as good as the book. Pretty good story line but more violence than anything, there is blood on every zombie and blood splash's out when they are shoot the also eat people pretty gorey there to. two characters at the begging of one of the episodes have sex but you only see the heads of them and they pant. I rate based on maturety if you are able to handle blood than thirteen if not so mature the about 15 the role models are good a man trying to find his family but will stop at nothing, he is probly the best. One man named dixon is extremly racist and says the N word and calls a woman sugar t-ts he also has cocain the say d-----h bag d--m h--l and god if that matters to you and this is only the first season
Teen, 13 years old Written byalexslade July 16, 2011

VERY VIOLENT

Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2012

Warning. Do not consume edibles before viewing. Positive message, though

I'm really not keen on the horror section of TV shows. My brother enjoys watching this show, and convinced me to watch a few episodes. My mild age-rating has some serious thought behind it. Kids these days watch this sort of thing all the time. Gore doesn't disturb me at all, and I'm not quite twelve. Perhaps I can differ between real life and absurd ideas. This show also lacks the element of surprise and shock. You know--the moments that make your heart jump. But it's very predictable! You expect blood--which you get--and so it doesn't jolt you. I truly believe in the theory that people are more timid of what they don't see--compared to what they do. But onto the review! Extremely graphic, disturbing imagery is presented at times. But for a zombie thriller, this show actually seems pretty decent. Despite the now grim outlook on life, the "survivors" are determined to succeed in the world. Under the thick mask of blood and gore, there is a positive message of working together mixed in. I'm slightly disappointed by Common Sense Media. There is sexual content present--couples undressing and implied sex. There isn't nudity, but still! I trust your ratings to be accurate and trustworthy. So try not to let this happen too often. It's parents who pay the pitiful price when their nine-year old views a sex scene in a seemingly sex-free film. But back to the show. Extremely explicit and troubling content, a few sex-scenes and cursing under frustration. So if you have the stomach for it, take the time to go through a few episodes. See if you encounter a slight heart-warming appeal on the corrupted, nightmarish planet.
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2014

I'm 12 (nearly 13) and tend to watch this by myself as it's not something my parents enjoy or find completely suitable mainly because of the violence, But I don't really see a big deal. it's not particularly scary and the language isn't that bad
Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2013

Watch out!

This is a very good show, just a lot of stuff you need to watch out for, I'm about 11 and I watch it (on Netflix mainly, so I can (and do!) skip the sexual stuff.) It's mainly up to the parent, but if I was a parent, I would watch it with them (if they wanted to watch) until the were at least 11-13 or could handle it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRiverCrimson123 March 16, 2013

Watch before you show!

To be honest, It's one of those shows that would vary depending on the child. For instance this show has no affect on me but I find my friends think it is gross. It is most definitely violent and gory so definitely not for the faint hearted. Still a good show, would recommend if you like Zombie horror.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDoggy doggy March 6, 2013

The walking dead

It is just a show about how to stay alive and it has some swearing and sex but it doesn't show it. And it's not even about the walkers sometime it's about the rough times in life.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylikeaboss12436 October 22, 2012

beast

it is the best show ever and nothing is bad or innopropriate about it my little bro has wathced it since he was was six and i an 12 and watch it and our parents watch it and my dad says its kind of "kiddie"
Teen, 15 years old Written byd123 October 14, 2012

LOOK!!!

Its awesome anyone can see it! its not that bad! i love it..... Trust me its not bad
Teen, 16 years old Written bymesh97 March 26, 2012

what parents should know

this is a great show , i think it's just too violence & it's creat nightmare . ohh and the sexual ! thats a problem for my sister & brother (twins) age of 14-15
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 14, 2012

Intense and really bloody.

Yeah I am a huge fan of Walking Dead I have seen just about every episode of it on AMC season 2 coming to American tv soon can't wait anyone else saw the episode last night?Really intense and darn bloody lol.