All member reviews for The Walking Dead

Grim zombie drama is artful -- but awfully bloody.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLegitHedgehog January 7, 2015

Honest Review For TWD

Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2015

amazing

you people are scewed. honestly, theres nothing wrong with the walking dead. sure, its built on blood, guts, violence, death, words like 'shit, fuck, ass, ect.', and basic cable nutity, but it also teaches basic survival in a posible future apocalypse. so grow a set of balls and live with it. the sex sences show nothing anyways. like, when your kids are older and they hear 'panties' or 'sex' there gonna be ike 'oh dear, thats not good. i need to evacuate the premises before a bra pops up. oh my, how terrible.'. honestly.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycsensemediareviewer December 29, 2014

EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE

Way inappropriate for kids and families with young children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byChristian_ reviews December 29, 2014

Some over the top violence but hope and good role models.

When I first watched this show I was amazed the acting was great and the characters all were meaningful. But while watching 4 seasons there are things you need to know. First off the violence, zombies get there heads cut off, there stomachs ripped open,limbs cut off,and human killings aren't that mild. At times i was disgusted of the violence and at other times there was hardly any violence at all. Second the language, it is not to strong but not to mild. At the most the cuss 2-5 cuss words a episode words like b***h da*n a**hole etc. Luckily there is no f bombs but every other word is probably in there. But like I said it is in between of how much they cuss. Third of all the s*x scenes are not frequent but they are some revealing body parts like bo*bs are partly shown and Andrea grabs Shane's crouch there are about 5 s*x scenes that I can remember but I would suggest skipping those scenes especially around youngsters. But now to the positive stuff, there are good role models like Rick who tries to do the best for his group by making self sacrifices and Beth thinks mercy before violence. Hershel is a godly man he always reads his bible and has devotionals with his kids and dale always wants to do what's right even when people don't agree with him. Over all the walking dead is a perfectly crafted zombie apocalypse tv show even with its negitive sides. This show is very acceptable for 14 year olds but iffy for 13 year olds and not ok for below 13.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII December 26, 2014

Amazing apocalyptic drama

The show is extremely gory, with shooting, stabbing, neck biting, eating people, cannibalism, explosions, etc. There are uses of @$$, b!t©h, d!©k, p®!©k, and $h!t. Several people have sex. Andrea grabs Shane's groin. Eugene watches Abraham and Rosita have sex. Abrahams nude rear is shown.
Parent Written by 594 December 4, 2014

Teen, 17 years old Written bySeriouslytholikebrah November 22, 2014

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat... Let the hot one live!!!

Tell the annoying guy to Kill himself, today! Death to you B%$£@ die. Find a well, drop down it, curl up into a ball and cease to exist.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 21, 2014

I love this show.

The Walking Dead is awesome. Great plot, cool action, really funny, and it's fun to watch. It's amazing.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 21, 2014

25+. Overrated Trash.

The Walking Dead is the absolute WORST show in the world, because, for one thing, it's so overrated, it's very disturbing seeing blood and gore from the zombies, and, this show is also so annoying. I hate this show. I don't recommend this show for anyone under the age of 25 and unfortunately, it's the most popular with kids ages 12 -24. I know kids ages 12 - 24 will realize this show is not real, but, it's still too edgy for them. Another reason why I hate The Walking Dead, because, it reminds me of the slums.
Adult Written byv6steve November 10, 2014

Great show for adults *Sexual/Nudity warning*

Too much violence for kids and has a few scenes with explicit sex or nudity.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2014

Its ok if mature

I personally love the show and think your kids should watch it theres alot of violence but if your truely mature you should take it.Second thing there is sex but not alot and its offscreen once onscreen you dont see anything through. And its not scary its more of a drama. Even watch it with your kids it does get abit violent but its a good show. Theres even a kid that plays in it. Watch it its the best show ever.
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2014

Amazing Show

Don't listen to what other people say about the show. I watch it with my 9 year old sister and my 5 year old brother. Neither are phased about it at all. Basically it is about a zombie apocalypse. There are barely any IMPLIED sexual scenes. Yes there are zombies but it's not that gory. Also people do swear regularly but that is something everyone is going to hear in their life if they like it or not. There are also so many good role models and good messages but it's basically all about survival.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLedinFX October 29, 2014

Pretty gory

I watched the first season which was 6 episodes.The show didn't really scare me but it was pretty gory don't watch that at night time.It could give children nightmares.It also had a few sex scenes and sexual references.There's also some swearing so if your under the age of 14 or 15 then go watch something a little more appropriate.Also if your afraid of lots of gore or zombies this show is not for you.Oh and one more thing there was an episode called guts and they brutally cut open a zombie then rubbed then smeared the guts of the zombie all over them to hide there smell so that zombies wouldn't recognize them.That was probably the most violent episode in the season.However it's a really entertaining show for mature audiences.
Educator and Parent Written bysweetserendipity October 26, 2014

Other reviewers are missing the mark..

I will differ from other reviewers in saying that this show is not really about zombies. Walking Dead is an excellent character drama that explores themes of true human evil. The concerns that parents should consider when researching this show cannot be confined to the little review clickboxes about violence, sex, and so on; the show goes darker and deeper than that. Topics that have come up in this show include, but are not limited to: rape, molestation of minors, spouse abuse, cannibalism, infanticide, complete mental breakdown, euthanasia, torture, betrayal, tyranny, cult psychology, execution of a child, execution of the ill, and more. So when deciding whether to allow your tween or young teen to watch this show, the question is much deeper than whether they will find the zombie gore troubling or not. Ask yourself whether your child is ready to contemplate the deeper themes of evil in the show.
Educator and Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 16 year old Written byJorcovin October 16, 2014

Best show ever!

A very well done series with great role models. And while very violent, if the children say they can handle it, then let them watch it. My adopted son, Achmahamaled, watched this for a little bit and was not scared or at all bothered by the violence. I stopped him from watching it because he is too young but he can probably handle it when he is older
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeather Jackson October 12, 2014

Horrified!!!

I am so disappointed in myself that I ever allowed my 13 year old son to watch this. (he has seen plenty of R movies). It is beyond graphic/gory. Very disturbing images that kids will not be able to erase. Definitely do not think this is appropriate for kids under 18! It was upsetting for me to watch & I am 42!
Teen, 16 years old Written byraelynn007 October 12, 2014

Amazing show, you don't need to be that old top handle it though.

Listen up parents, your little angels aren't as innocent as you think they are, I promise you that. I grew up in a nice, upper-middle class suburb and by age 8 we all knew about sex, we all knew swear words (and used them when no one was around), and you bet we stole horror movies. Not just the guys either, I'm taking about your goodie two shoes girly girls too -- I was one of them and I did all that jazz with my buddies. 4th grade was a fun year. Anyway, you're not shielding your children from much by not letting them watch this. There's more violence in the real world. The only reason I say 10+? So they can follow the story line better. This is a TV show, kids see much worse in the real world every flipping day.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytidal9334 October 12, 2014

Awesome TV series

I really enjoy this TV show, i started watching it when it first came out (I was 10) and I thought it was bit creepy, but I got used to it very quickly and it is now one of my favourite shows.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlphaMTX2 October 10, 2014

Violent but beautifully done.

This show is very violent and gory, and some kids or teens may find that disturbing; however, if you are a fan of zombies then it is no worse than most zombie movies. There is swearing, but in a real life situation where stuff like this is happening, most people would freak out. Merle has a bag of drugs (including blue meth as a nod to breaking bad), and people are shown getting drunk. Sex wise, if your kid is old enough to see what the show is getting at, then they're old enough to watch it - it never shows any graphic sex. The show is all about people surviving and helping each other.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJACOBK'sgirl October 7, 2014

READ parents - please

I have been told that their is a sex-ish part in the first season,a little swearing so if u ARE 12 OR UNDER WATCH WITH A PARENT if u are 12 watch with a parent in case.