All member reviews for The Walking Dead

Grim zombie drama is artful -- but awfully bloody.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySonicans July 21, 2014

Best Show Ever, But Violent And Gory

Okay, let me start of with saying this, Why the hell would you let a 10 year old watch this show, its most likely one of the goriest shows out there. It has a rating for a reason. Now Back to the review. The Walking Dead is a great show, great drama, plenty of action, emotional scenes, and blood and guts. This is overly violent, but due to the theme, what do you expect. I am a huge fan of the show and the comics. Language isn't to bad, compared to the comics, "Sh*t" is said often, but is tame compared to the comics. You see zombies (Walkers) being decapitated, blood go everywhere, and some minor sex scene here or there. My only concern is the violence. But i think a 13-14 year old could handle this...
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2014

The Walking Dead is one of my all time favorite shows. I started watching this show when I was 10 or 11. However, by then I had been playing M rated video games like Call of Duty, Skyrim, and Borderlands(all of which have lots of violence and gore), so gross bloody and gory things don't bother me much. This is a GREAT series for anyone who might be interested in the zombie apocalypse( that can handle some cursing and harsh subjects such as cannibalism). As long as your kid can wrap their heads around fiction and non-fiction, this is a good show to watch :D
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2014

Generally 11 and Up

The Walking Dead is a very good show, on GooglePlay it is in the top ten. It's not really about the zombies, it's about how these characters live in this world. What they do when they find out how many hours are in a day when they're not spent watching TV (A quote from the comic, a little ironic considering you're watching the show on TV). There is some sex, but anyone 12 could handle it (no breasts shown or things like that). There's swearing, if you shelter your kid from this planet and his favorite movie is ToyStory, hold back. But it's a great show. Why it's 17 and up here is beyond me. 13 at the most. Every 6th grader I know loves it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysamhunter13 July 13, 2014

Great Show, but not like the comics.

I'm 14 and I have just finished season 2, and can't wait to watch the next season! I am a huge fan of the comic, and although the show doesn't follow the comics very well, its still a really good! it really isn't as bad language wise as the comics, as the comics have frequent use of swear words. There is the occasional use of profanity in the TV series, but only when characters are under threat. Nothing worse than words like: S**t, son of a b**ch, a** hole, ETC. I would recommend to any person in their teens who is mature enough to realize that it's not real, and that this kind of predicament couldn't happen easily in reality.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykarategirl1024 June 17, 2014

THE BEST SHOW BUT VERY GORY

If you don't mind zombies, you're fine, although the show is gory. There are a few jump scenes though. But if you don't get queasy and you like a little surprise, this is the shown for you.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTHE BR ACT June 16, 2014

Not for the faint hearted

It's a great show and once you get into it you won't be able to stop watching it and will be yearning for more. It doesn't really have a powerful message (Surviving for hope) but most of the characters are endearing and loving and support their group to the end. One couple loves each other and get married during the zombie apocalypse. Expect heartbreak when characters die because it happens (ALOT) but it's an overall excellent series.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byRonanellard June 5, 2014

My nine year old and twelve year old love this show! Can't say the same myself but it's a zombie apocalypse who doesn't love that!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymr_capin_crunchy June 5, 2014

very graphic you see on screen people being eaten alive and shot in the head and in one scene you see a character fighting a zombie/walker and then the zombie/walker rips a hole in his chest.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysalagol May 27, 2014

its bloody, but has a good story

Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2014

I have never watched this before, and it has too much violence, profanity i don't know
Teen, 13 years old Written bylovepopcornx May 12, 2014

Lots of violence, but a great show!

I've been watching the Walking Dead since about January, and I can tell you it's super violent. The sexual content is mild, but I can tell you there is not much. Personally, it's up to the parents to decide whether or not it's okay to let kids under 12 watch this. If you think you or you're kid can handle it, go ahead but if you are a kid, make sure to skip a few scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkman May 12, 2014

Amazing

I usually hate horror based films and shows, but The Walking Dead is one of my favourite shows. Definitely not a good show to watch if you don't like gory, bloody, occasionally jumpy shows, but if you do, perfect! It is extremely violent in pretty much every episode, as you can probably tell. Don't watch if you easily get attached to characters, because you never know if they'll be killed off! The characters are brilliant, and the actors who play them are even better. I love the storyline and each episode leaves you wanting more. A must see for any horror lover.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA t-Rex April 29, 2014

most realistic zombie entertainment out there

now i know zombies don't exist, but i say realistic because it is more then just brutal zombie massacring. very bloody, for instance, in season 2, a zombie is found inside a well. trying not to infect the water, our team of survivors attempts to pull it out of the well. but when it is almost out, the zombie snags on the inner rim of the well, tearing the zombie in half. there is sexual content, violence, blood, mature themes, swearing, and some of the most creative kills i've ever seen in zombie entertainment. as well, the protagonist, rick grimes, is a great role model for still helping others despite the fact that the world is full of reanimated corpses.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheSuperDead April 27, 2014

The Walking Dead is a Great Show!

The Walking Dead has lots of gruesome violence and a non-graphic sexual scene maybe 1 to 2 times a season. Although, this series shouldn't be too inappropriate to 13 years old. Being 13 myself, I say that The Walking Dead should be ok for 13 year olds and maybe mature 12 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAJSS1234 April 17, 2014

Ok

I was twelve and in 7th grade when I heard my friends talking about The Walking Dead. I found it on Netflix and started watching the first episode. I would watch it after school everyday. I had a nightmare after the first three episodes but got over it. The blood and gore varies from each episode. Some episodes were blood baths, in other episodes there was no violence at all. This show actually has more drama than busting up zombies and cursing is frequent but nothing a kid hasn't heard. The sexual content only appeared in one episode. I'd say this show would be okay for kids even younger than me actually.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFangirlsUnited April 15, 2014

"The Walking Dead", Violence, Swearing, and Sex.

First of all, Violence: This show obviously about the "zombie apocalypse" and how it changes the world as we know it. The zombies, or walkers, in this show are more graphic and scary than most shows with similar topics, often having exposed bones and organs, missing limbs, and other gruesome features. It is a horror/thriller/suspense show, so this is understandable. Also, main characters in this show will get shot, bitten, killed, etc. It is important for parents or teens to know that this show has these often disturbing elements. I have been watching "The Walking Dead" since I was 12, right as it first aired in 2010. I personally don't mind the violence as much, however, most kids and teens are more affected by the violence. I think that it defiantly depends on the maturity of you or your children. If they are easily scared I wouldn't recommend this show to them. Secondly, Swearing: The language in this show is a bit iffy, but i've heard worse from a few minutes in the middle or high school halls. The adults will often say things like: d-mn, h-ll, cr-p, etc. They do, however very rarely, use sh-t. They also have racist or other profane words such as: n-gg-r, p-ssy, and pr-ck. These moments are rare as well. I don't think that the language in this show is the main turn away for most and shouldn't be. Lastly, Sex: Personally, the only thing that I do not like about this show is the sex. I feel that it is not necessary and shouldn't be included. I wasn't really exposed to things like that before I watched the show, and it made me more cautious. To elaborate, the scenes in "The Walking Dead" that contain sexual content don't actually show any nudity or exposed body parts that would not be appropriate for kids, but often the women are topless, wearing only a bra, but it is completely covering any graphic or obscene parts of the body. However, there are scenes that parents should be wary of. In the first season of this show, on one of the first few episodes, there is a scene that includes sex, but I think that it is one of the most iffy scenes in the show. I would recommend that parents watch a few episodes before letting their kids watch it. Determining whether you want your children seeing this depends mostly on the maturity of your kid. One more thing that I feel I should add that I think many other people are missing: The positive message. I feel that most people miss out on the point of "The Walking Dead". At least in my opinion, the show is about surviving despite all the odds against you, and being willing to lay down your life for others who mean a lot to you. It shows you that there is always something to live for, no matter how bad things seem. The struggles that all of the characters face on a daily basis seem more than most people could handle, but somehow they make it through the day. Their problems don't make them weaker, but quite the opposite; it forces them to become stronger and grow closer together despite their conflicts and differences. Their senses of what is right and wrong often become twisted and torn at by emotion, but most of them make the right choices. I think that these are all important lessons or a kid to learn, and "The Walking Dead" helps them. Most people just want to focus on the killing and sex in the storyline, but there is a lot more to it, you just have to look a bit deeper and you can see what I mean.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 13, 2014

Awesome zombie show!

This is a well done show. I've only seen the first 3 seasons so far because that's what's available on Netflix so I have no idea what season 4 is like. It obviously has violence being a zombie show, but contains more gore than needed. Language including s**t is used sometimes. It has some sexual content but no frontal nudity. Not for small children or anyone easily scared (esp. by zombies or blood), but if you are not in that category, you should watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHolly245 April 12, 2014

Amazing show

I love this tv show. I started watching this when I was 11 but I'm very mature. If your kid gets scared very easy I would not let them watch it. When I did start watching it I did not get nightmares or anything like that but if your kid gets frightened by little things then don't let them watch this.
Adult Written byonedayyoullsee123 March 20, 2014

The Walking Dead causes pshycosis in viewers?

I strongly believe to a very high degree that this show should not be viewed by people who tend to overthink, or people with ADHD. This show has messed with my dreams. Every night I have nightmares about squatting abandoned buildings with a group, hunting in pacs for food and killing for survival. These nightmares are so brutal and disturbing, I wake up covered in sweat and hyperventilating in shock. that sounds pretty dramatic, right? well, its true. I wake up a paranoid mess. I got a bit drunk one night with my boyfriends family. In the taxi home, I had this random drunken outburst where I blurted out my nightmares and started having a panic attack. I didn't realise just how disturbed I was from these nightmares I had been suppressing.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2014

Pretty gory but alright for 14+

The Walking Dead is deserving of the 14A rating. It is pretty violent and dramatic. There are mild sexual scenes and a little bit of swearing. Parents should check out the first few episodes before letting their kids watch this.